Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 3rd pick in the draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: With the 3rd pick in the draft Reply with quote

Based on the start to free agency where do you see the Bears going with the 3rd pick?

Cleveland Browns: DE Myles Garrett [Texas A&M]
San Francisco 49ers: QB Mitch Trubisky [UNC]
Chicago Bears:
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solomon Thomas. Instantly starts at 3T when we are in sub packages and you can rotate him at 5T with Unrein and Bullard.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me I think it is Jamal Adams. I know that it is high for a safety, but I think he might be the safest pick in the draft.

He is a great combination of

-Production
-Athletic Ability
-Intangibles
-HEALTH

Apparently he blew teams away in the interviews at the combine.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
For me I think it is Jamal Adams. I know that it is high for a safety, but I think he might be the safest pick in the draft.

He is a great combination of

-Production
-Athletic Ability
-Intangibles
-HEALTH

Apparently he blew teams away in the interviews at the combine.

Pass rush will make even Adrian Amos look good. I always build inside out.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

Bearsfan17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really believe that we will be able to trade down a few spots. That is my my preferred option unless Garrett is somehow still there.

If we are stuck at 3

Hooker
Adams
Thomas

Are pretty interchangeable at the moment for me.

If they fall in love with a QB and take him at 3 I would be fine with that also, although with us letting Jeffery go I don't believe they are intending to go QB at 3.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I want: Watson

Who id be happy with: Adams, Hooker, or Thomas

So given my wishlist, if they can trade down to 6 or 7, they can still grab one of the above 4 and pick up another pick or two.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the lack of activity from the Bears in FA so far when it comes to the d-line my gut tells me that it will be either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas unless Garrett miraculously falls to #3.

Especially with reports that Fangio and Rodgers personally went to Alabama last week to work Allen out and that he is scheduled for a pre-draft visit at Halas Hall.
IotaNet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Based on the lack of activity from the Bears in FA so far when it comes to the d-line my gut tells me that it will be either Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas unless Garrett miraculously falls to #3.

Especially with reports that Fangio and Rodgers personally went to Alabama last week to work Allen out and that he is scheduled for a pre-draft visit at Halas Hall.

Totally agreed here. It's not my personal choice (Allen doesn't really excite me and I really like Jamal Adams) but I can't dispute the logic -- winning football is built from the trenches out. Plus, this draft is so deep with DB's that Allen/Thomas probably make the most sense at #3.

I'm still concerned about Allen's arthritic shoulders, tho. Think

Last edited by IotaNet on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is an interesting case.

What sucks is we will never know how much of the shoulder stuff is real and how serious it is.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

What sucks is we will never know how much of the shoulder stuff is real and how serious it is.

I think Allen makes a ton of sense... instant starter at 5T and you can rush him from anywhere on the line in sub packages.

Floyd / Hicks / Allen / McPhee is freaking nasty.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears have three choices for that third pick - but they all have question marks:

Jonathan Allen - is that shoulder injury/arthritis legit?
Solomon Thomas - where does he play/can he hold any additional weight
Jamal Adams - do you take a safety 3rd in the draft?

I love J Allen, but 'arthritis' scares the [inappropriate/removed] out of me. Jamal Adams is probably the safest player in the draft - but Safety generally isn't a position you invest a lot of money or a high pick in. I'd have a hard time spending, what I'd hope to be the last top 5 pick for a long time, on a safety.

I have a soft spot for Solomon Thomas. He's a Texas kid who was all set to go to Texas until Stanford came calling. Went to Stanford and did exactly what everyone expected him to - worked his [inappropriate/removed] off and made plays.

I'd probably go with Thomas right now if I was turning the card in. Kid's motor runs non-stop and you know that he won't be out-worked. Definitely questions about where he'll play and if he can hold up on the inside - but I think the upside is worth the risk. He could be this drafts Aaron Donald. I'd like that.

*This is all under the assumption that the Bears don't want to take a QB at 3. I'd still take Watson - but my crush is probably clouding what his actual value is.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
IotaNet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
The Bears have three choices for that third pick - but they all have question marks:

Jonathan Allen - is that shoulder injury/arthritis legit?
Solomon Thomas - where does he play/can he hold any additional weight
Jamal Adams - do you take a safety 3rd in the draft?

I love J Allen, but 'arthritis' scares the [inappropriate/removed] out of me. Jamal Adams is probably the safest player in the draft - but Safety generally isn't a position you invest a lot of money or a high pick in. I'd have a hard time spending, what I'd hope to be the last top 5 pick for a long time, on a safety.

I have a soft spot for Solomon Thomas. He's a Texas kid who was all set to go to Texas until Stanford came calling. Went to Stanford and did exactly what everyone expected him to - worked his [inappropriate/removed] off and made plays.

I'd probably go with Thomas right now if I was turning the card in. Kid's motor runs non-stop and you know that he won't be out-worked. Definitely questions about where he'll play and if he can hold up on the inside - but I think the upside is worth the risk. He could be this drafts Aaron Donald. I'd like that.

*This is all under the assumption that the Bears don't want to take a QB at 3. I'd still take Watson - but my crush is probably clouding what his actual value is.

Great post and well-reasoned -- all the way down to potentially taking Watson. My only difference is that my "crush" is on Adams. I see the kid as a leader and an "identity creator" for the defense -- something we desperately need.

I understand that overdrafting for intangibles is very risky but what is the value of finding "that guy" that makes your defense go for the next 5-10 years?
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen or Thomas. The pros/cons have been listed in this thread already so I'm not going to rehash.

Given the DB depth in the draft and the attention paid to the secondary so far in free agency I think they go with one of those two before circling back to DB later.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Well you can rest assured that Pace won't take him at #3 then if his medical check reveals something serious and the team docs feel that his shoulders are not going to hold up for the next 5-10 years.
IotaNet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Well you can rest assured that Pace won't take him at #3 then if his medical check reveals something serious and the team docs feel that his shoulders are not going to hold up for the next 5-10 years.

Agreed. Pace is still smarting form the Kevin White selection and I can't imagine him taking anything that even remotely SMELLS like an injury risk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: