Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tired-of-the-redskins-dysfunction-theres-one-person-to-blame/2017/03/11/2aef60dc-05d3-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html

Quote:
Dan Snyder doesn’t really want to win. He would rather be the controlling figure in a poisonous, culture-of-fear organization than a marginal figure in a successful and happy one. In the nearly two decades that Snyder has owned Washington’s football team, there has been just one constant — him. Apparently he much prefers firing people to winning with them.
All of Snyder’s hires and fires are really just human shields for the owner’s behavior, they are there to absorb the public blame for his childish impulsivity and unpleasant little manipulations. He’s like the baby who keeps throwing his bottle on the floor, just so he can watch others pick it up. At this point, you begin to think the real game to Snyder is not football, it’s making other people feel his petty power, fostering tension and disorder for his personal entertainment.

The most telling number in Snyder’s tenure isn’t the won-loss record. It’s the hired-fired record. Colleague Rick Maese once uncovered this fascinating statistic: Between 2008 and 2013, 120 of its 143 employees in non-football operations left the club for various reasons. “I never worked in such a nervous building,” one said.

Go read this. (and if this was posted by someone else, my apologies, but it needed its own thread)
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tired-of-the-redskins-dysfunction-theres-one-person-to-blame/2017/03/11/2aef60dc-05d3-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html

Quote:
Dan Snyder doesn’t really want to win. He would rather be the controlling figure in a poisonous, culture-of-fear organization than a marginal figure in a successful and happy one. In the nearly two decades that Snyder has owned Washington’s football team, there has been just one constant — him. Apparently he much prefers firing people to winning with them.
All of Snyder’s hires and fires are really just human shields for the owner’s behavior, they are there to absorb the public blame for his childish impulsivity and unpleasant little manipulations. He’s like the baby who keeps throwing his bottle on the floor, just so he can watch others pick it up. At this point, you begin to think the real game to Snyder is not football, it’s making other people feel his petty power, fostering tension and disorder for his personal entertainment.

The most telling number in Snyder’s tenure isn’t the won-loss record. It’s the hired-fired record. Colleague Rick Maese once uncovered this fascinating statistic: Between 2008 and 2013, 120 of its 143 employees in non-football operations left the club for various reasons. “I never worked in such a nervous building,” one said.

Go read this. (and if this was posted by someone else, my apologies, but it needed its own thread)

Great read!!! All I know is this is a interesting strategy it's been a long time since we lost a off-season lol. He does suck but idk and I'm not giving him a pass but I think this is his fault but I think most of the issue in this current situation is Good Ole Bruce!! That said he allowed Bruce to flex his guns and now Snyder is going to realize just how sick people are of him! Great read up. I could see this season being a disaster and Danny doing the same thing he did with Shamny where he plans to fire Bruce and all season goes on his search. That said that until he changes this team won't

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I said before (reposting), I think it's fair to call it a mental disorder. If it was just a bad personality at some point he should be able to control it when it works against his goals. What he has is self destructive...it actually pushes his goals out of reach.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly this won't make a dent in Dans thinking. What might, however, is Dale Earnheart JR's tweet. Don't feel like finding a link I'm sure you guys seen it. He's surely a guy Dan likes as he's usually on the sidelines when he's not racing. Racing up here in NY isn't that big a deal but I know it's certainly much more popular down where most of you are. A guy like Dale saying something like that could really make a dent in Snyders ego and force him to start doing the right thing as far as running the team. As long as Dale don't get hired to be GM (seriously) I think his tweet will get to Dan more than any article or bad press or fan uprising.
PS. As I said I'm from NY and know very little about NASCAR. Is Dale part of Joe Gibbs Racing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm sounds like a working for a certain someone must be going for many folks right now...

I don't think this is really earth shattering. We've know this since 99 and def 2000 for how he treated Casserly and Norv, then Marty after them.

It's why I continuously say I don't care what the front office does anymore, I don't root for the , I root for the 53 guys on the field. Dan and the front office the are going to do whatever, I just will continue to root for the players.

The worst part of the Snyder regime hasn't even been the dumb trades and dumb signings, it's been the horrible PR. They just suck at it. I don't see that changing and in numb to it.

Here's to hoping that Jay & the players can work with whatever the front office gives them this free agency period and the draft. Here's to hoping they can somehow turn that into a team that's at least equivalent to the last two years.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I cannot see how anything like this will change.

I think that Snyder enjoys this kind of press because its press. Someone is talking about him and that gives him a hard on. Warm fuzzies up the spine that tickles his little man complex and makes him feel like he has a giant rooster (use the slang term) and he satisfies his insecurities that he is no longer important.

Someone is talking about him. That is all he cares about.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Quote:
All of Snyder’s hires and fires are really just human shields for the owner’s behavior, they are there to absorb the public blame for his childish impulsivity and unpleasant little manipulations. He’s like the baby who keeps throwing his bottle on the floor, just so he can watch others pick it
up. At this point, you begin to think the real game to Snyder is not football, it’s making other people feel his petty power, fostering tension and disorder for his personal entertainment.

Thanks for posting. Sally is a terrific reporter- one of the few we have now in DC. She nailed this. Next steps: I hope the NFL steps in. Someone, I think Woz reminded me that they did this in NY when that owner was ruining the franchise. We need the NFL to take over our franchise, force a sale and change of ownership.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:
All of Snyder’s hires and fires are really just human shields for the owner’s behavior, they are there to absorb the public blame for his childish impulsivity and unpleasant little manipulations. He’s like the baby who keeps throwing his bottle on the floor, just so he can watch others pick it
up. At this point, you begin to think the real game to Snyder is not football, it’s making other people feel his petty power, fostering tension and disorder for his personal entertainment.

Thanks for posting. Sally is a terrific reporter- one of the few we have now in DC. She nailed this. Next steps: I hope the NFL steps in. Someone, I think Woz reminded me that they did this in NY when that owner was ruining the franchise. We need the NFL to take over our franchise, force a sale and change of ownership.
They aren't going to force Snyder to sell the team, they are all making too much money.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

I mentioned it in I forget what thread. In the late 70's the Mara and Tisch families 50/50 owned the Giants franchise and hated each other to the point that they'd fight over where to order office supplies. Forget about the on field decisions. The league obviously viewed the potential of a NY team being a premier franchise and The league forced George Young on the franchise as president/GM he eventually hired Ernie Accorsi as GM and a Young DL coach by the name of Parcells. Who eventually brought in a DB coach by the name of Belichick and off they went. Seriously though, we're nowhere near as bad as the Giants were run in the 70's. Besides nowadays I would think it's tougher for the league to get involved in actual control of a franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

They aren't going to force Snyder to sell the team, they are all making too much money.

If he went all Marge Schott or Georgia Frontiere, they could

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

Frontiere got the league to agree to move the Los Angeles Rams to St. Louis, where they stayed until her death. Schott or Donald Sterling are better examples.

However, it says something to our levels of desperation where we are willing to have our franchise become a lightning storm of racism (beyond the objection to the name, which is bad enough) just to get the owner to sell (willingly or by force).
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
It's why I continuously say I don't care what the front office does anymore, I don't root for the , I root for the 53 guys on the field. Dan and the front office the are going to do whatever, I just will continue to root for the players.

The worst part of the Snyder regime hasn't even been the dumb trades and dumb signings, it's been the horrible PR. They just suck at it. I don't see that changing and in numb to it.

The problem is the horrible PR feeds into this vision of chaos, which makes others want to avoid coming to Washington or leave as soon as they are able. This in turn makes the play on the field worse.

It's a vicious cycle.

Quote:
Here's to hoping that Jay & the players can work with whatever the front office gives them this free agency period and the draft. Here's to hoping they can somehow turn that into a team that's at least equivalent to the last two years.

If Jay can do that (especially if Kirk isn't on the roster), he should win this year's and next year's Coach of the Year award. Yes, he should automatically get next year's award this year for that level of exceptional coaching.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sally Jenkins drops the hammer on Snyder Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

Frontiere got the league to agree to move the Los Angeles Rams to St. Louis, where they stayed until her death. Schott or Donald Sterling are better examples.

However, it says something to our levels of desperation where we are willing to have our franchise become a lightning storm of racism (beyond the objection to the name, which is bad enough) just to get the owner to sell (willingly or by force).

Id be willing to change the name if it got rid of snyder

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

The problem is the horrible PR feeds into this vision of chaos, which makes others want to avoid coming to Washington or leave as soon as they are able. This in turn makes the play on the field worse.

It's a vicious cycle.

Quote:

If Jay can do that (especially if Kirk isn't on the roster), he should win this year's and next year's Coach of the Year award. Yes, he should automatically get next year's award this year for that level of exceptional coaching.
We've seen it done here before, of course it took 3 hall of fame coaches to do it and 2 of them were fired.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Pabst‏Verified account @PaulPabst
Warren Buffett said he almost bought the Redskins years ago, but he passed on the bid process.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: