Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Nick Foles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
This backup QB contract situation keeps getting stupider

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/3/15/14933282/eagles-chase-daniel-cap-room-contract-release-philadelphia-nfl

"restructured his offset language"

I didn't know there was more than one way to have offset language. That said from my understanding offset language doesn't give us cap relieve until next year anyway soooooo...yea still dumb.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
furti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Daniel had an 8m cap hit, now with his release, 7m dead cap and 1m saving. Foles' contract according to overthecap is actually a 5 year deal that voids after year two. His 3m signing bonus pro rated over 5 years means 0.6m per year, plus his 1m gives 1.6m cap hit for 2017. So basically we exchanged Foles for Daniel and additional 0.6m hit. That sounds good to me if true. Not sure how this is within the rules, though, but i don't mind. Smile
Year two is 7.6m and then 1.8m dead money (which is gonna happen) rounds out the 11m. Daniel's future contract could negate some of that next year with the offset language.

http://overthecap.com/player/nick-foles/773
'16 Bird Watch: #55 Brandon Graham
GMS: 16 | SNP: 764/1,020 (75%) | TKL: 58 | TFL: 14 | SCK: 5.5 | QBH: 20 | FF: 2 | FR: 1
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

furti wrote:
So Daniel had an 8m cap hit, now with his release, 7m dead cap and 1m saving. Foles' contract according to overthecap is actually a 5 year deal that voids after year two. His 3m signing bonus pro rated over 5 years means 0.6m per year, plus his 1m gives 1.6m cap hit for 2017. So basically we exchanged Foles for Daniel and additional 0.6m hit. That sounds good to me if true. Not sure how this is within the rules, though, but i don't mind. Smile
Year two is 7.6m and then 1.8m dead money (which is gonna happen) rounds out the 11m. Daniel's future contract could negate some of that next year with the offset language.

So he's cheap this year while we deal with the Daniel cap hit and expensive next year when we don't. I still don't understand why we're investing so much in back-up QBs.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
furti wrote:

So he's cheap this year while we deal with the Daniel cap hit and expensive next year when we don't. I still don't understand why we're investing so much in back-up QBs.

Our franchise got spooked ever since Mike McMahon had to fill in for McNabb. That's when we started to fill our backup QB position with guys like Jeff Garcia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
furti wrote:

Our franchise got spooked ever since Mike McMahon had to fill in for McNabb. That's when we started to fill our backup QB position with guys like Jeff Garcia.

Jeff Garcia made somewhere close to the vet minimum though, Daniel and Foles are not.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just heard Chase is visiting the Jets. Laughing
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
just heard Chase is visiting the Jets. Laughing

PAY THE MAN!!!! Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Phire wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
furti wrote:

Jeff Garcia made somewhere close to the vet minimum though, Daniel and Foles are not.

Chase wasn't really brought in to be a "back-up" he was brought in to potentially start, if we didn't draft a QB and still traded Sam Bradford. I'm not saying his contract was ideal, and it sucks that it's harming us now, but we had considerable flux and uncertainty at QB last year so I'm not surprised such a contract arose in that time period. There's no way we give that contract to someone like Chase Daniel if we had an established starter.

The Foles one makes more sense if what we know is true (voids after year two). QBs are expensive and to even sign a backup with starting experience we're expected to shell some money.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's reasonable to think that Daniel is gonna sign for 2-4m per year, so that would make Foles' hit around 3-5m. That's not bad considering we need a capable backup in case Wentz goes down. Also, i think we are gonna be fine next year with Kelce, Celek and Kendricks most probably and Peters optionally getting released for 25m. Brooks and Curry also need to live up to their salary, otherwise they can be in trouble as well.
'16 Bird Watch: #55 Brandon Graham
GMS: 16 | SNP: 764/1,020 (75%) | TKL: 58 | TFL: 14 | SCK: 5.5 | QBH: 20 | FF: 2 | FR: 1
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still of the belief Daniels was disgruntled most of last season and going into this season with how things unfolded. Not saying he wasn't professional but not someone they wanted in the building year two. So if swapping out contracts for a QB who wanted to be here and technically has had more success then Daniels, so be it. Money be damned!

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm still of the belief Daniels was disgruntled most of last season and going into this season with how things unfolded. Not saying he wasn't professional but not someone they wanted in the building year two. So if swapping out contracts for a QB who wanted to be here and technically has had more success then Daniels, so be it. Money be damned!

if something happens to carson i trust nick to play way more than chase any day fo the week anyways. Upgraded the back up really.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

if something happens to carson i trust nick to play way more than chase any day fo the week anyways. Upgraded the back up really.

I mean we're going nowhere without Wentz but Yes Foles has at least shown the ability to play at a high level (27-2) if need be. Don't for a second think he'll ever play at that level again but there was never ever anything special about Chase Daniels let's be real. He was brought in as a glorified tutor who knew the offense. He was never going to start over Sam. That was Howie lying as usual just to sign his man. Now a Rookie from a small school?? Yeah that was some good Smoke. Zeke Elliot type Smoke!😎

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Daniel is an awful excuse for a QB. I'm not thrilled about signing Foles, but he's certainly an upgrade from Daniel.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

I mean we're going nowhere without Wentz but Yes Foles has at least shown the ability to play at a high level (27-2) if need be. Don't for a second think he'll ever play at that level again but there was never ever anything special about Chase Daniels let's be real. He was brought in as a glorified tutor who knew the offense. He was never going to start over Sam. That was Howie lying as usual just to sign his man. Now a Rookie from a small school?? Yeah that was some good Smoke. Zeke Elliot type Smoke!😎

Team isn't going any where with wentz healthy. Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Team isn't going any where with wentz healthy. Laughing

Has Wentz become your new era of Maclin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: