You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D82's Mid-FA Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore >>> Humphrey

mike23md on the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Philly picks ahead of Indy and they would absolutely pick Marshon Lattimore in that scenario.

Yep. Might not even be on the clock for a whole minute if lattimore falls to them.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Allen but I can't see us taking him considering the DL is pretty damn good. Davis at 5 and OJ Howard at 18 makes way more sense. If Howard someone makes it to 18, easy pick is Howard. Fits exactly what the offense wants.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine pick, I suppose.

Cardinals needs:

Tier 1: QB, ILB, CB, DL
Tier 2: WR, S, OG, TE
Tier 3: RB, K
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
love it

With Foster and Hooker available, and LaFell re-signed? I just don't see it.

As much as I would love it too I agree. I doubt Davis is the pick

Hooker is just as repetitive as Davis with Williams and Iloka locked up. I like Foster, but I just dont see us taking a LB at 9 at this point. Need to surround Andy with as many weapons as possible.

Except Hooker and Foster are generally much higher rated players according to almost everyone.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills don't pass on Hooker.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooker over Foster for the Bills. Not a fit
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: D82's Mid-FA Mock Reply with quote

Whole slew of comments - mostly off what I think will happen... less what should happen or what fans of a number of teams will want to happen.

The Bears @ 3: Certainly possible they go with Trubisky, but they'd have to absolutely be head over heels with him over any other QB prospect in this class. This seems a bit counter to the Glennon contract and promise of starting - had they held onto Hoyer and made him the presumptive bridge/2017 starter, I'd agree Trubisky makes a ton of sense. I can see Hooker being a real option here, except that they've got a literal bushel of DB's on the roster right now. They appear to be setting themselves up to take a 5-Tech, but with Allen's arthritic shoulder concerns and (if I'm being honest) not really possessing "special traits" that translate specifically to the 5-Tech spot (he honestly reminds me more of a mix of Jonathan Bullard - who they already have - and Tyson Jackson - who, while a Top 3 pick, was overdrafted). You're not projecting trades, but I'd wager this is a team that might actually gladly take a cheap tradeback option if one was presented to them.

Jags @ 4: This is where I'd be pegging a trade-back, largely more because of the next several picks. And this is where I think we could see the impact of Sid Jones' pro day injury. If the Jags are dead-set on Fournette, they're not going to see the Titans (with Murray and Henry behind him) or the Chargers (with Melvin Gordon) as threats to take him - and while the Jets could be seen as a threat - they've got some really glaring needs, particularly in the secondary. In fact, I wouldn't put it past the Jets to try to jump the Titans (which Jacksonville probably wouldn't turn a nose up at facilitating) to come up for Lattimore. There's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised by Buffalo being aggressive to come up for a receiver (I say receiver because I ultimately wouldn't be shocked if someone took OJ Howard ahead of any WR) or New Orleans being aggressive with the use of their 2nd round pick (to pair with #11) now that they own #32.

Tennessee @ 5: A sliding Allen wouldn't surprise me, but at the moment I feel like if they don't go Lattimore (again, the option of coming back around at #18 for Sidney Jones as a plug-and-play corner is no longer there), WR is probably in play because they have... um... thus far only added Eric Weems this offseason. I repeat... Eric... Weems.

Chargers @ 7: Unfortunately at this point, I wouldn't be shocked by them taking a WR there - the FO doesn't really value the safety position and it seems like they're (perhaps rightfully so) placing a lot of the blame on the offense for losing them games last season. That said, Davis over Williams just for the superior fit. Sometimes to their fault, the Chargers' FO is notorious for not putting a ton into the combine and workout numbers and putting a ton more value in tape (it's a generally sound practice, but it does occasionally leave you stuck with the DJ Fluker's and Manti Te'o's of this world). And frankly, Davis has superior tape to Williams as well (he betters him in route-running, release, tilting-in, arguably presents the better red-zone threat for Philip Rivers' particular skill-set (by that I mean, Williams' skill-set plays better to a young, developing QB whereas Davis' fits better to veteran franchise QB).

On a broader note, I appreciate the "surprises" (for lack of a better term) in the bottom 1/3 of the round - it happens every year and people still whine when it shows up in mocks. My gut tells me we may actually see it start happening a bit sooner this year - the perceived "depth" in this draft often times emboldens need-based drafters who fall in love with particular prospects to grab "their guys" while they can get them (perceived value be damned) and to fall back on the depth to allow them to fill over cracks later on.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a horrible pick in Brantley but i think we could have done a bit better there. I don't have Brantley quite as high as a 1st rounder personally and i think the 2nd round is the key spot for Dt's this year.

Brantley, Mcdowell, Wormley, Adams, Johnson, Jones. Im sure im missing another good one or 2 that are 2nd rounders. But as you see the talent is deep and perfect there if we want a good Dt and all of them are similar talent. I say Edge rusher isn't as good in the 2nd round as DT is so i take one of the legit 1st round edge rushers then grab one of those good Dt's that drop to us in the 2nd round. You have to weigh the odds of each position and where it's strengths in depth lies.

As for our needs i would say 1st tier needs are Edge Rusher, DT, RG, and FS. 2nd tier needs would be TE, OLB depth, and Power RB behind freeman and coleman for short yardage and to replace Patrick Dimarco.

Also it seems we might have a good chance at landing Dontari Poe tonight we had a meeting already with him tonight and we are doing a 2nd meeting with him in the morning. If we get him i def. say push DT to 2nd or 3rd round.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

27. Kansas City Chiefs: Jarrad Davis ILB, Florida

I do not get the current fascination with Davis. He's a hitter, no doubt, but limited at this level.

This is a value drafting team. They may have the best TE in the league, but David Njoku would look good as a bookend.

J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense for the Panthers. In that scenario, I'd imagine we'd look for a RB, SS, and WR or TE with our 3 picks in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Ronald Darby as a starting CB and 2 nickel Corners and a black hole at FS.

According to your mock there is Malik Hooker, Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley are available.

Why Reuben Foster ? He doesn't fill a need or isn't bpa. Legit chance we go DB, DB in rounds 1 and 2.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the DB JPeppers pick for Dallas -

Thank u for NOT mocking another average rotational DE to Dallas

2 thumbs up

Peace
bananabucket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore would be amazing.

Colts have needs for almost every position. You pretty much cant go wrong. D needs help on every level. O needs a RG, RT, and RB.

Most pressing need is a 3-4 OLB.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Lions FA so far is signaling they will grab a LB like Reddick if available. With him gone, McDowell would be great

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: