Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who the heck is going to start on our 3 man front?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5078
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some guy call into Cooley and Sheehy who said he was 43 years old 5-10 and 370 pounds and would be happy to play nose tackle for a hundred grand. Now Danny thats a marketing stoke of genius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Most poorly run team in football. Allen is such a cheapskate. Good god I never saw this coming from a Snyder run team.
Bring back Vinny! We'll spend then! Laughing he would have signed Claias Campbell, traded Kirk and signed Jay Cutler on a multi-year deal with $50 million guranteed, and outbid for both Djax & Garcon! Yeah baby yeah! Let's go back to that! Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 18973
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Logan gone. If we don't re-sign Hankins, I'll be looking forward to teams running for 150 YPG against us.


Especially with a 300 pound NT.
If McGee plays NT, he's about 310
Keims reporting McGee will play DE, McClain at NT. Btw, Bennie Logan is only listed at 307 lbs guys. Hankins is 320 lbs.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.


Last edited by MKnight82 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10233
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smh...

Burgundy Blog‏Verified account @BurgundyBlog
Quote:
@john_keim: "#Redskins view McClain as a nose tackle in base."
They still don't know what a nose tackle is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26894
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
I heard some guy call into Cooley and Sheehy who said he was 43 years old 5-10 and 370 pounds and would be happy to play nose tackle for a hundred grand. Now Danny thats a marketing stoke of genius


Would be ripping off the Eagles in the '70s (Invincible). But why not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 5843
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be Bennie Logan. Signed for 1 year with the Chiefs .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Logan gone. If we don't re-sign Hankins, I'll be looking forward to teams running for 150 YPG against us.


Especially with a 300 pound NT.
If McGee plays NT, he's about 310
Keims reporting McGee will play DE, McClain at NT. Btw, Bennie Logan is only listed at 307 lbs guys. Hankins is 320 lbs.
Well if you watched McClain, it would make sense IMO.

Think of the Cowboys with Jay Ratliff or Abrayo Franklin for the 49ers. Scots evaluation must be that McClain can be a good one gap/shade NT like Trey were. I could see it.

Scots evaluation on McGee must be that he shows flashes but just needs to develop a bit more, just like Baker in 2013.

Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong. At least they can get out of the contracts next year like with Paea if it doesn't work out.

As that bears fan said last year to us about Paea, he was miscast here in his opinion. Paea excelled the most at 4-3 NT in Chicago, and he should have. Been playing NT for us in 2015.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1797
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5078
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.


Yeah manusky is probably saying " what are those douchbag idiots ( Chiseler and Bruce) doing getting rid of my only starting quality DL! I'm supposed to build a better defense with no starting nose tackle, no defensive ends, no inside linebackers and no free safety. But hey I have three strong safeties now- go fish"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.


Yeah manusky is probably saying " what are those douchbag idiots ( Chiseler and Bruce) doing getting rid of my only starting quality DL! I'm supposed to build a better defense with no starting nose tackle, no defensive ends, no inside linebackers and no free safety. But hey I have three strong safeties now- go fish"
We just signed Swearinger, he played FS on the best defense in the NFL last year. We have a 1 gap scheme, McClain fits the mold of s 1 gap NT. Smaller and quicker, not just huge.

I can't keep going, we do have players you're just a doom a gloom guy.

I've always believed that coordinators and position coaches have input into who we sign. It's why sometimes we'll end up with cast offs from former teams on the cheap instead of what we fans think is a better option.

Barry = Reyes for example
RJF = McCloughan/Manusky

We sign guy's like that instead of the Nick Fairley's of the world or others that probably could have helped more because they're cheap and the coaches know them.

I think this hurt Paea and I think Paea was used wrong in our D. He was miscast as playing Baker's position when all along he should have been playing NT in our D which is where he'll be playing in Dallas as a 1 gap shade NT, replacing McClain.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7191
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Most poorly run team in football. Allen is such a cheapskate. Good god I never saw this coming from a Snyder run team.
Bring back Vinny! We'll spend then! Laughing he would have signed Claias Campbell, traded Kirk and signed Jay Cutler on a multi-year deal with $50 million guranteed, and outbid for both Djax & Garcon! Yeah baby yeah! Let's go back to that! Laughing


There's a difference between just spending recklessly like Cerrato and spending to improve your team. Cerrato just went out and signed everyone because he had no idea what he was doing, Allen on the other hand overpays other teams back ups to use them out of position on our team. Meanwhile he won't pay anyone worth a damn because he thinks he's "building through the draft" which he can't do either because he's proven to fail doing that as well.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7191
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.


Manusky has never had a top 10 defense. The closest he got was 11th with the Colts. But hey, as soon as he left the Niners their defense jumped to top 5 so there's that.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Most poorly run team in football. Allen is such a cheapskate. Good god I never saw this coming from a Snyder run team.
Bring back Vinny! We'll spend then! Laughing he would have signed Claias Campbell, traded Kirk and signed Jay Cutler on a multi-year deal with $50 million guranteed, and outbid for both Djax & Garcon! Yeah baby yeah! Let's go back to that! Laughing


There's a difference between just spending recklessly like Cerrato and spending to improve your team. Cerrato just went out and signed everyone because he had no idea what he was doing, Allen on the other hand overpays other teams back ups to use them out of position on our team. Meanwhile he won't pay anyone worth a damn because he thinks he's "building through the draft" which he can't do either because he's proven to fail doing that as well.
What? Pryor, Swearinger, McClain and McGee were starters for their teams last year.

He was only in charge of personnel in 2014 and in that draft he and Scott Campbell drafted 4 starring quality players w/o a 1st round pick along with starters Lauvao, Hatcher and Djax.

By not overpaying to get the near or over 30 year old top free agents he's harvesting his nuts to spend $ on re-signing Moses, Long, Murphy and Breeland on long term deals if they earn it for next season.

He's also continuing the process he started with Shanahan in 2010 of mostly building through the draft which was also continued by McCloughan.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80685
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
just end the 3-4 already! they obviously dont know how to build 3-4 a d-line
Manusky has built a top 10 3-4 defense before. He knows what he's doing.


Manusky has never had a top 10 defense. The closest he got was 11th with the Colts. But hey, as soon as he left the Niners their defense jumped to top 5 so there's that.
Ok, I thought he and McCloughan had built one in San Fran, I guess not.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group