You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who the heck is going to start on our 3 man front?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
this is the 3rd year in a row we have been waiting for them to fix the d-line and they wont lol. i dont understand why they dont view the d-line as a big deal
Free Agency isn't over and this year's DL draft class looks like a historic one. We could draft 2 starters in this year's draft even if it's not a 1st or 2nd round pick.
What? Caleb Brantley is the only NT that might sneak into the first round, but he's an undersized tweener that's probably a better fit for a 4-3. Jonathan Allen is a stud 3-4 DE, but he'll be long gone by our pick. Then there's Malik McDowell, who is all upside and no production, he could fall to the 2nd. Chris Wormley likely goes 2nd but could go later, then you have guys like Tanoh Kpassagnon, Montravius Adams, Jaleel Johnson, Jarron Jones, who probably at best go round 2 but no one would be surprised if any are still available in round 4. That's about it. How in the world is that a historic draft class for Dlineman?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True NT's are few and far between. Unfortunately, this class doesn't have many that fit the true build of the 0-Tech. Short and heavy.

Some reason I feel like the Redskins are trying to be an innovator by using smaller NT's to get better penetration in the gaps, but seriously, in a 3-4 you give up a LOT on the front line when you don't have a true NT.

I am a little late on my defensive ratings, but Elijah Qualls is someone high on my list for the 0-Tech NT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
this is the 3rd year in a row we have been waiting for them to fix the d-line and they wont lol. i dont understand why they dont view the d-line as a big deal
Free Agency isn't over and this year's DL draft class looks like a historic one. We could draft 2 starters in this year's draft even if it's not a 1st or 2nd round pick.
What? Caleb Brantley is the only NT that might sneak into the first round, but he's an undersized tweener that's probably a better fit for a 4-3. Jonathan Allen is a stud 3-4 DE, but he'll be long gone by our pick. Then there's Malik McDowell, who is all upside and no production, he could fall to the 2nd. Chris Wormley likely goes 2nd but could go later, then you have guys like Tanoh Kpassagnon, Montravius Adams, Jaleel Johnson, Jarron Jones, who probably at best go round 2 but no one would be surprised if any are still available in round 4. That's about it. How in the world is that a historic draft class for Dlineman?
I hear ya and agree, but I was including all DL, including the 4-4 DE types also.I was taking about depth throughout the draft. I'm saying throughout the draft there seems like there's more talent than in years past. Ive been reading that Brantley is better suited to be a 3 technique he's a poor man's Aaron Donald as one scout put it.

I thought Brantley was like 315 but then he weighed in at 307 so that thought went out the window.

The bottom line is I could see any of the guys you mentioned starting for us next year and being better than 2 of the starters we had last year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
I hear ya and agree, but I was including all DL, including the 4-4 DE types also.I was taking about depth throughout the draft. I'm saying throughout the draft there seems like there's more talent than in years past. Ive been reading that Brantley is better suited to be a 3 technique he's a poor man's Aaron Donald as one scout put it.

I thought Brantley was like 315 but then he weighed in at 307 so that thought went out the window.

The bottom line is I could see any of the guys you mentioned starting for us next year and being better than 2 of the starters we had last year.
That doesn't mean they are any good lol.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
True NT's are few and far between. Unfortunately, this class doesn't have many that fit the true build of the 0-Tech. Short and heavy.

Some reason I feel like the Redskins are trying to be an innovator by using smaller NT's to get better penetration in the gaps, but seriously, in a 3-4 you give up a LOT on the front line when you don't have a true NT.

I am a little late on my defensive ratings, but Elijah Qualls is someone high on my list for the 0-Tech NT.
Theyre not an innovator, Wade Phillips was the innovator. If we had hired Wade, he'd be doing the same thing because his NT is a shade NT that likes up at 1 tech, not 0 tech.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mar29020 wrote:

That doesn't mean they are any good lol.
Doesn't mean they aren't either. Wink

We won't know for sure until we see them play for us. For all we know McClain and McGee are just scratching the surface and next year they'll look like our 2011 DL w/ Bowen getting 6 sacks, Carriker getting 5.5 sacks and Cofield getting 3 sacks as well as being stout run defenders.

Damn, it's a shame they all got hurt in 2011, 12 and the 13/14 for Barry.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
This is what poorly run organizations do. We are are a poorly run organization.

Amen

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need to sign Bennie Logan. If you plug him in at NT, then you can rotate RJF, McClain and McGee, and possibly a rookie DE at the DE spots. That doesn't look nearly as bad. But right now, McClain at NT is a joke and the DE spots look bare.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
They really need to sign Bennie Logan. If you plug him in at NT, then you can rotate RJF, McClain and McGee, and possibly a rookie DE at the DE spots. That doesn't look nearly as bad. But right now, McClain at NT is a joke and the DE spots look bare.
Definitley or Poe or Hankins.

I'd say even Hankins or Poe would be more ideal because of their quickness. Our scheme works best with a NT who's quick and strong. Think Jay Ratliff, Franklin from the 49ers. Etc

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan gone. If we don't re-sign Hankins, I'll be looking forward to teams running for 150 YPG against us.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Logan gone. If we don't re-sign Hankins, I'll be looking forward to teams running for 150 YPG against us.

Especially with a 300 pound NT.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs got Bennie Logan.

lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most poorly run team in football. Allen is such a cheapskate. Good god I never saw this coming from a Snyder run team.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Especially with a 300 pound NT.
If McGee plays NT, he's about 310

Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Most poorly run team in football. Allen is such a cheapskate. Good god I never saw this coming from a Snyder run team.

Way to early LaVar , still have the draft and heck even still can bring in brown and or Hankins.

Give it a shot 💪🏻To be honest we can't keep
Giving out one year deals they'll want a monster contract and probably leave next year so I expect it anything for us to draft a DL man .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: