Joined: 12 Jul 2009
|Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:50 pm Post subject: Lazy hungover Sunday mock
QB Case Keenum
- I believe that John Elway is holding back some cap room for a run at Tony Romo. Ultimately I expect Denver to strike out because the Houston Texans are more set up to win now, but I do think we're going to try and land him when the Cowboys ultimately release him. If this is indeed the case then look for the Broncos to bring in a veteran clipboard holder who can help to mentor both Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch.
WR Cordarelle Pattersson
-There will be some money to spend after the Romo strike out and I think Pattersson is a candidate for a one year prove it deal that John Elway thrives off. We could really use upgrades in the rotational WR roles because Latimer/Fowler/Taylor are all pretty mediocre. CPatt can contribute on special teams and be a weapon underneath for whoever wins the QB battle.
***Trade a 3rd and 7th rounder to the Cardinals for OT Jared Veldheer
- I don't think either the 49ers or Browns OTs are going to be on the block, but Veldheer could be available for the right price. We have some money to spend and some extra picks that could be used in a trade. Building a better OL could really help the young QBs.
1. OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
-I think Elway would really like a great tight end pickup to complement the young QBs. This is an all time great class for TEs and we could well have our pick of the litter at 20.
***Trade our 2nd, 5th and 7th to jump up a handful of spots in round 2***
2. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Vilanova
-We really missed the interior pressure from Malik Jackson last year. Adam Gotsis is yet to show much and Jared Crick is mediocre so we try strike it gold. Elway has traded up early in the last three drafts to get Latimer/Ray/Lynch and with a lot of picks I think he'll be aggressive again.
3. Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
-Talib and Roby could both be gone in the next year or two and this is a great CB class so I think Elway nabs a potential future starter in the third round.
4. Ejuan Price, OLB, Pitt
-Our great defense is built on a multitude of speed rushers and we need to replace Demarcus Ware's snaps. Shane Ray will be a full time player in year 3 but look for Elway to target another man for the rotation.
6. Jay Guillermo, OL, Clemson
-Backup interior OL-man
7. Darius Towson, RB, Towson
-Will push for a roster spot
QB: Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, Case Keenum
RB: CJ Anderson, Devontae Booker, Darius Towson
FB: Andy Janovich
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Bennie Fowler
WR: Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Taylor
Slot: Cordarelle Pattersson, Cody Latimer
TE: OJ Howard, Virgil Green, AJ Derby
LT: Jared Veldheer, Donald Stephenson
LG: Ron Leary
C: Matt Paradis, Jay Guillermo
RG: Max Garcia, Connor McGovern
RT: Menelik Watson, Michael Schofield
DE: Jared Crick, Adam Gotsis
NT: Domata Peko, Zach Kerr, Kyle Peko
DE: Derek Wolfe, Tanoh Kpassagnon
OLB: Von Miller, Ejuan Price, Vontarrius Dora
LB: Brandon Marshall, Zaire Anderson
LB: Todd Davis, Corey Nelson
OLB: Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray
CB: Aqib Talib, Lorenzo Doss
CB: Chris Harris Jr, Fabian Moreau
Nickel: Bradley Roby
FS: TJ Ward, Justin Simmons
SS: Darian Stewart, Will Parks
K: Brandon McManus
P: Riley Dixon
LS: Casey Kreiter
|Victor Cruz Pun wrote: |
|DavidatMIZZOU wrote: |
|Isn't CJ Anderson one of those dudes that replaced Terrell Davis? If so top 5 RB of all time. |