Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shorty's Post FA Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Shorty's Post FA Mock Reply with quote

When has Licht ever stayed put at his draft position? Here come the trades!

External Free Agent Signings to date

DeSean Jackson / WR / Redskins
Chris Baker / DT / Redskins
J.J. Wilcox / SS / Cowboys

2017 NFL Draft

Arrow Round 1

TRADE: Tampa Bay trades pick 19 to Oakland for Oakland's pick 24 and pick 88.

Analysis: Oakland selects RB Dalvin Cook from Florida St. at 19 and the Bucs and Jason Licht pick up an extra 3rd in hopes to drop down a few spots and select the player they have been targeting since the scouting combine. The extra 3rd was too sweet to pass up and Licht hopes to pull off the same kind of 1st round trade like he did in 2016.

Alvin Kamara / RB / Tennessee

Kamara is the type of offensive playmaker that can do it all. Be a lead back with 20+ carries a game and be a matchup nightmare out of the backfield. His unique athleticism isn't measured in his 40 time, but his on field athleticism and production as a lead back and slot WR is unmatched. We head into the season with Kamara as the RB1 and Quizz as the RB2.

Arrow Round 2

Budda Baker / S / Washington

Licht looks to make a position of weakness in 2016 a strength for the team. After resigning Conte and bringing in Wilcox, Licht takes the BPA late in the 2nd, Baker. If Baker was 10 more lbs and a few inches taller he would have been taken at the top of the 2nd round. Size concerns and how he will hold up in the NFL are the reason for his slip. Licht sees a ballhawk that Mike Smith can use in a number of different packages and be a true centerfielder for this defense for many years to come.

TRADE: Tampa Bay trades pick 84 and pick 88 (from Oakland) to Seattle for pick 58.

Gerald Everett / TE / South Alabama

With the deep TE class and the eye popping 40 times by Howard, Njoku and Ingram, Everett gets slightly overlooked. In any other average TE class Everett is a boarder line 1st rounder, but this year he falls to the bottom of the 2nd round. He needs to work on his blocking, but the effort is there. Licht sees a player who is a complete matchup nightmare and another weapon for Jameis Winston. Koetter can now effectively use the 2 TE sets from his playbook and add talented depth to the position. Pick your poison, Evans, DJax, Brate, Kamara or now Everett.

Arrow Round 4

Dawuane Smoot / DE / Illinois

Athletic pass rusher that underachieved a bit in 2016. He has the ability to become a future RDE for us and the luxury of learning behind some vets we already have in place. Great project guy that may give us some production sooner than expected, but a solid DE prospect to take at this point in the draft. Learned under our friend Lovie Smith last season so the pro transition may be a bit easier for him.

Arrow Round 5

Jon Toth / C / Kentucky

Along comes our future C. I believe we will either resign Hawley or eventually sign a guy like Nick Mangold for the interim. Toth has the strength and size to be a future starter at C in the NFL. He will excel in a power running scheme and I'd say Koetter leans more toward that direction than a finesse zone offense. Not an exceptional athlete but does a good job at playing to his strengths and remains consistent.

Arrow Round 6

Robert Davis / WR / Georgia State

After signing DJax our top 3 WRs are Evans, DJax and Hump, in that order. We need to start developing a future WR2 who can give some immediate production as a WR4. At 6'3 219 and pretty athletic times at the combine, aside from his 4.44 40 yard dash, Davis checks all the intangibles. Great production at Georgia State and NFL bloodlines as a relative of Panthers LB Thomas Davis.

Arrow Round 7

Hardy Nickerson / LB / Illinois

Not sure if he will ever be a big time starter in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet against this kid. At the very least he will be great depth and a good special teams player. Just seems right that he gets drafted by the Bucs.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a big fan of Kamara at all

the rest of the draft is fine , but if we trade down there id rather get Peppers or Mccaffrey or just not even trade down and take cook
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:

the rest of the draft is fine , but if we trade down there id rather get Peppers or Mccaffrey or just not even trade down and take cook

Thanks for the feedback. To each his own with the 1st round pick. There are a number of great players we could go with.

Why aren't you a fan of Kamara?

Smack ^
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. To each his own with the 1st round pick. There are a number of great players we could go with.

Why aren't you a fan of Kamara?

i ended up watching some tape of him, because i forget who had him mocked to us , and i just think he is a product of speed, his vision IMO isnt as good as i would like , he just likes to bounce everything outside and in the NFL you cant do that , you have to be able to run between the tackles
and i think as a team thats our identity , at least what its been with Martin and Quizz last year
At least with the other backs the run through the hole then make cuts and shake and bake but kamara to me is just overrated
idk i may be wrong but thats what i see
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamara has no value in round 1. There will be better overall players than him at 24. (Your projected trade down). It's not that I don't dislike kamara. I just feel he's not one of those once in a while type of backs. As much as I see potential for him, round 1 isn't the place.

I like baker and Everret but I keep reading scouts love baker enough for round 1 so I don't think he will be there. The media is dogging his combine but he'll go higher than our 2nd.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough on Kamara. I've been back and forth on him and McCaffrey. I'm just not a big fan of Cook. I just have this uneasy feeling about him. Ultimately, I want an offensive playmaker in the 1st, but I did wrestle with the possibility of us drafting Peppers in the 1st, trade down or not.

Smack ^
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Fair enough on Kamara. I've been back and forth on him and McCaffrey. I'm just not a big fan of Cook. I just have this uneasy feeling about him. Ultimately, I want an offensive playmaker in the 1st, but I did wrestle with the possibility of us drafting Peppers in the 1st, trade down or not.

I'm not sure how big of a playmaker kamara is.
I hear you on cook. I don't see him nor McCaffery as being top flight RBs in this league. Unless you have a stud work horse a two back tandem is best in this league bc of the grind it takes. Rodgers sims and rookie is probably the way to go.

Honestly I can see James Connor being the pick. We could use a bruiser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: