You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Im very confused on what our plan with Kirk Cousins is!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Im very confused on what our plan with Kirk Cousins is! Reply with quote

He just signed the exclusive Franchise tag, I know.

I also know that only the Redskins themselves, can shop him around or negotiates a new contract with him.

It seems that the front office wants to keep him.
To work out a LTD with him as our guy, but just want to pay him what their willing to pay him.

That's Great!

But Cousins is probably on his last affordable tag with the exception to the transition tag.

He appears to not want to sign a LTD here.
He appears to not be very happy with his current situation.

Snyder/Allen appear to not want to trade him to the 49ers or anybody, for that matter.

If we don't get him signed to LTD soon & don't tag him next season, which is most likely? We get NOTHING for him when he walks.

Maybe a 3rd rd compensatory pick, if were lucky.
But when is the last time the league did that for us?
With the reputation of the team that signs the big name players.

Teams have called.
They have inquired about him.
But Snyder has flat out said "no" as reported.

Wouldn't it be smart, to get what you can for him now.
To possibly set yourself up to overhauling the Defense for Manusky, or to get some more weapons on Offense?

And get a temp fix at QB thru FA now and maybe draft one as well, while you can?? With the ammunition of draft picks you get.

Rather than be left holding the bag with NOTHING?

I'm at a loss, to what our plans to do with him are.

I hope they're using smart business decisions, that will help the team now and going forward.

And not having some personal spite, in the choices they are making.

So, what are our plans for Kirk?
Does anybody have an idea?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Dan and Bruce even know how this will end.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a reasonable question. Unfortunately only this chiseler knows the answer

What did Redskins fans do to deserve this guy and his endl as drama and incompetence?
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:

What did Redskins fans do to deserve this guy and his endl as drama and incompetence?

I just don't see Cousins biting for Synders money. If anything I say he takes this 24 million this year and bounces next year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

I just don't see Cousins biting for Synders money. If anything I say he takes this 24 million this year and bounces next year.

yea I know that is your wishful thinking, but I think both Bruce and Synder know to calm some of the "media circus" BS that is going on with this team right now they have to work out a LTD this year or trade Cousins. Trading him is not really an option because we don't have the QB to at least be serviceable and right now Gruden is smart enough to know he needs Cousins and he will fight for that LTD.

So here is my wishful thinking. We get a LTD done with Cousins, Pryor and he click and we sign Pryor to a LTD next year and as Doctson also comes along fine we contend in 2018 for a deep run in the playoffs.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for the Browns to blow us away with an offer.
They have like 2 1sts & 3 2nds this yr alone & a bunch for 2018 as well.

We could remodel this Redskins roster, with the ammunition they have in draft picks, plus our own.

I just don't understand what Snyder feels he can accomplish, by being stubborn in this situation.

In fact, he could save a bunch of money by getting players locked in to rookie deals with all those draft picks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
I would love for the Browns to blow us away with an offer.
They have like 2 1sts & 3 2nds this yr alone & a bunch for 2018 as well.

We could remodel this Redskins roster, with the ammunition they have in draft picks, plus our own.

I just don't understand what Snyder feels he can accomplish, by being stubborn in this situation.

In fact, he could save a bunch of money by getting players locked in to rookie deals with all those draft picks.

Still not good enough for me because there isn't one option at QB that I would take with these picks for Cousins. The dude if he is not already, will be the best QB we had here since Sonny. This year, 3rd year full started, see how he blows everyone one away in this offense. All we need is a serviceable running game.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also heard, that Peterson draftee QB in this draft is like a Kirk Cousins clone.

No idea how true that is, since I haven't followed College ball this yr.

But I've heard the 49ers talk a lot about him.
(instead of them trading for cousins)

We could roll with McCoy for a yr
Sign Cutler for a yr or whatever and draft our future QB this or next draft.

But we need those draft picks from cousins in a trade to help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:

He's the devil point blank .
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

yea I know that is your wishful thinking, but I think both Bruce and Synder know to calm some of the "media circus" BS that is going on with this team right now they have to work out a LTD this year or trade Cousins. Trading him is not really an option because we don't have the QB to at least be serviceable and right now Gruden is smart enough to know he needs Cousins and he will fight for that LTD.

So here is my wishful thinking. We get a LTD done with Cousins, Pryor and he click and we sign Pryor to a LTD next year and as Doctson also comes along fine we contend in 2018 for a deep run in the playoffs.

Dude blame your owner for my opinion. Cousins went to him and asked for a trade. I think that's saying " I don't want to be here" This has nothing to do with me. Cousins did play on the Tag last year and with the misery that has occurred, I'm not buying that money is the only thing that makes Cousins feel comfortable being with this organization long term. He's asked for a trade and has already signed up to play one year for 24 million. He just has to do thay and can get his wish for the 49ers next year at a higher reward for himself. As my original post said I don't know if Bruce and Dan have the tools to fix this mess they have made.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't one anymore. Snyder and Allen completely bollocksed it up. They no longer have any leverage to sign or trade Cousins. So,the plan is to play him this season, watch him walk away for free agency, and take your 3rd round pick in 2018
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than vindictiveness towards Kyle Shanahan, aceinthehouse, there is no plan. Bruce and Danny have no idea how to run a franchise.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan? There is no plan. The Kirk Stans can keep hoping and praying this inevitable outcome changes but it won't. The guy doesn't want to be here. People acted like it was no big deal but the writing was on the wall when Kirk went to the Falcons playoff game. He wants to play for Kyle. It is what it is.

The funny thing is the people that think money and winning will change that. He doesn't like Bruce at all. The money won't matter because he's going to get that elsewhere anyway so for him, if he hates Bruce and can get maybe ever more money from the Niners why would he stay here?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be the plan:

- Fire Bruce Allen immediately.

- Dan Snyder publicly apologizes for the embarrassing way they treated McCloughan.

- They sign Cousins to a long term extension.

This will be the plan:

- nothing will change.

- Cousins will leave after this season for no compensation.

- The team will trade a boatload of picks in next year's draft for a new "face of the franchise" QB that Snyder can sell jerseys of.

- We won't sniff the playoffs for another 10 years.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight pretty much hit the nail on the head. You can go ahead and close the thread.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: