You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jarvis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: jarvis Reply with quote

If we don't get OLB/Edge in UFA, then we will rely on the draft. If that doesn't work, can you see us signing jarvis during the season if nobody signs jarvis?

Has LeBeau (or anyone else) tried to sign jarvis? Considering his lack of production, I doubt he will get many offers, and the ones he gets won't be costly.

We have Chickillo waiting and I would say another draft pick this year (maybe 2 picks) and lets not have injuries to OLB. If they bring back jones because of injuries, what will you think of the FO then?
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It's only 3 days into FA. I'm as annoyed as some of you, but don't let that all the sudden mean panic.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
KofQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Nope. It's only 3 days into FA. I'm as annoyed as some of you, but don't let that all the sudden mean panic.

While I agree with your post. If this trend continues I will take Jarvis back on the cheap side and as a depth player not a starter, he knows the system and can be decent depth. But that's it imo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KofQ wrote:
warfelg wrote:

While I agree with your post. If this trend continues I will take Jarvis back on the cheap side and as a depth player not a starter, he knows the system and can be decent depth. But that's it imo.

And, to be fair, he looked pretty solid on special teams late in the season. Says something about a dude to take that kind of demotion and keeps getting after it.

Deadpulse on the sig
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
KofQ wrote:
warfelg wrote:

And, to be fair, he looked pretty solid on special teams late in the season. Says something about a dude to take that kind of demotion and keeps getting after it.

if he couldn't play on ST then he wouldn't play at all. Other teams know this, and I doubt they will be lining up to sing a ST player.

As for knowing the system, what good did that do? Time to let new players have a chance, let jarvis walk.
KofQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
KofQ wrote:
warfelg wrote:

if he couldn't play on ST then he wouldn't play at all. Other teams know this, and I doubt they will be lining up to sing a ST player.

As for knowing the system, what good did that do? Time to let new players have a chance, let jarvis walk.

It's a benefit to know the system and culture. I'm not saying it's a huge deal but there is benefit to it. And if he comes dirt cheap I'll take him back as a special teamer and depth if there isn't a upgrade out there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
KofQ wrote:
warfelg wrote:

As for knowing the system, what good did that do? Time to let new players have a chance, let Jarvis walk.

I agree with what you are saying. Sometimes it is best to break ties and move in a nother direction. That is good for teams and players. Jones could find a solid opportunity for success in a defense like Tampa Bay's.

A change of scenery will do players good like an influx of new talent does the team.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KofQ wrote:
3rivers wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
KofQ wrote:
warfelg wrote:

It's a benefit to know the system and culture. I'm not saying it's a huge deal but there is benefit to it. And if he comes dirt cheap I'll take him back as a special teamer and depth if there isn't a upgrade out there.

with all the players available, there most certainly are options other than jarvis . Wait and see though Rolling Eyes
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis is barely even "decent depth". He has like 5 or 6 games where he is decent. The other 10 are usually mediocre or worse. And he is pretty much always terrible as a pass rusher.

I dont want anything to do with Jarvis. Id rather take my chance with a UDFA than waste any more time with a guy who has show very little progression in 4 years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What FA Edge rusher did you think they were going to add that was going to be meaningful?
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
What FA Edge rusher did you think they were going to add that was going to be meaningful?

James Harrison Laughing

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

Honest responses:

I would take a flier on Conner Barwin who's only 30
Alex Okafor is only 26, coming off an injured year, played in a 3-4 his entire career.
Datone Jones is out there, and despite declining stats could see a resurgence.

Hahahahaha.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

Exactly. All of the impact pass rushers were franchised tagged.

Same kind of goes for CB. Not that there werent some CBs that couldve really helped, but the Steelers were never going to pay elite money for merely good CBs...nor should they.

As Ive said....not a really good FA class for our needs.

The only FA Im disappointed we didnt pursue a bit harder is Brandon Marshall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would let Jones walk. Although as 43 stated...he has 5-6 games where he looks like it has clicked, then is absent.

I would roll with Chick...he is an arrow pointing up, and while he is not a stud, I think he could get even better with more playing time. In reality, a committee with Deebo is what I see with Dupree playing the other side. I'm perfectly fine with this... we draft a edge rusher in the first 3 rounds and let him compete...plus we have Moats - who like chick has his limitations but if its a rotation so be it.... we need speed on the edge....otherwise we end up like last year....

Jones has proven he can't get to the rusher... I'm not saying we will fair better with the guys on the roster, but we can't do much worse... let chick play some ... and draft someone... Jones had his 4 years...
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

James Harrison Laughing

I think he was asking what full time FA edge rusher Applause

I thought this year was good for CB's in UFA, not sure about Edge though. This draft is said to deep for Edge , and decent for CB. That is why I was thinking along the lines of UFA CB and then CB RD1, Edge RD2 and RD5 . Price is projected in later rounds.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: