Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bold prediction thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
I love the guy, and would almost just rather say [inappropriate/removed] it and let our defense rot so we can see how many numbers we can rack up.

Actually Jlowe... taking a top offensive guy at 11 would be smart.

Think about it, does anyone think that Payton will not draft a offensive guy within his first 4 picks?

Of course he will!

Let's look at a few things...

1. Garett, Allen, Lattimore, Adams, Hooker, Thomas and Foster will all be off the board in the top 10 picks.

2. McCaffery is a top 15 talent easy in this draft, 2nd rated back (Cook has serious character issues).

3. McCaffery is a PERFECT fit in the Saints offense and we all know Payton and David Shaw run a similar offensive style.

4. This drafts strength is at CB, Edge and Safety... these positions can be filled between picks 32-76.

5. Klein is a starting Mike, Fairley is coming back, the guard position has been taken care of and most of all... ITS SEAN PAYTON MAN!!!

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious. We're all, well, most of us, starting to sound like a funny little war room.

It's like this:
"We need defense, gentleman. And we've got 3 high picks to do it!"
"yeah, we can improve to a top 20, maybe even top 15 defense with our moves"
"Right! And we should be able to ride deep into the playoffs, and who know, maybe all the way. What do you guys say?"
"Alright, we're all in!"
"Okay, who do we take first?"
"Well, there's (d-guy) and (d-guy)"
"Yeah, and there's (d-guy and d-guy, and even d-guy)"
intern- "Who do you think will take McCaffery, Denver, where his dad played"
"Who?"
"McCaffery, [inappropriate/removed]. The back from Stanford. He didn't play in their bowl game."
"Oh, I forgot about him. You know, this draft is really deep on defense, especially Corner and Edge. Should we think about McCaffery at 32?"
"No way will he be on the board at 32. If you want him, it's 11, if we're lucky"
"So let's assume (d-guy and d-guy) are off the board at 11, do we take him at 11 or trade down a few spots?"
"I'm not sure he'll last a few more spots. Philly needs to replace Sproles soon and they're at 14 which only leave the Browns at 12 and Cards at 13 to trade down, so we're not gaining much and both of them are wild cards at this point."
"Okay, so McCaffery at 11, and then we are all in on Defense?"
"Sounds good!" "Yeah, sounds good to me" "me too" "yeah, I'm on board with that" "me too, it's a no-brainer".

Hmmmmmm..........
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah's new mock:

11: RB McCaffery
32: QB Trubisky

Guys stop giving them ideas!! Laughing

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:

If that would happen they just may as well just trade Brees and start the rebuild.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

If that would happen they just may as well just trade Brees and start the rebuild.
To the Patriots for a 2nd round pick, and they get our 2018 3rd?
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
I love the guy, and would almost just rather say [inappropriate/removed] it and let our defense rot so we can see how many numbers we can rack up.

Think about it, does anyone think that Payton will not draft a offensive guy within his first 4 picks?

Of course he will!

1. Garett, Allen, Lattimore, Adams, Hooker, Thomas and Foster will all be off the board in the top 10 picks.

2. McCaffery is a top 15 talent easy in this draft, 2nd rated back (Cook has serious character issues).

3. McCaffery is a PERFECT fit in the Saints offense and we all know Payton and David Shaw run a similar offensive style.

4. This drafts strength is at CB, Edge and Safety... these positions can be filled between picks 32-76.

5. Klein is a starting Mike, Fairley is coming back, the guard position has been taken care of and most of all... ITS SEAN PAYTON MAN!!!

This was what I was thinking as well. Could take McCaffrey at 11. Then there's many options at CB, Edge, and safety with the next few picks.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

Of course he will!

This was what I was thinking as well. Could take McCaffrey at 11. Then there's many options at CB, Edge, and safety with the next few picks.

The other thing to consider is that Payton's offense has always needed and valued a satellite/decoy player to be at its best. The Saints currently do not have that guy.

Bush, Sproles then Cooks... those guys are gone and Ginn isn't the answer there. McCaffrey while surprising should actually fill a major need. Plus Payton continues to gush over this RB class, he's taking one it just depends on when.

WHODAT91FOREVER
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you guys are trying to justify MaCaffrey at 11. If we take any offensive player, other than Four-letter, at 11, we're crazy.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:
I can't believe you guys are trying to justify MaCaffrey at 11. If we take any offensive player, other than Four-letter, at 11, we're crazy.

You need to look at the numbers WDN...

The top defensive players such as Garnett, Allen, Thomas, Lattimore, Adams and Hooker will be off the board.

I personally ain't as high on Foster as everyone else is (I have Reddick my #1 linebacker).

Every other defender available at 11 would be rated below most of my highly rated offensive prospects.

It's not TRYING to justify... it's merely sticking to my board in my case. Then you factor in the fact that the Saints have already signed a starting MIKE, RDE, RG in Free agency and are likely about to acquire a true #1 CB then it's clear to see that they have positioned themselves to take the BPA at 11.

I've said numerous times that if Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas are both off the board by 11, I'd rather take a pass rusher at 32 than reach for either Charlton or Barnett at 11. With the signing of Oakfor (who was PFF's 5th rated player at affecting the QB in 2016) their is still a need but it isn't as desperate.

My cloud of prospects at 11 now is looking like... no particular order:

Christian McCaffrey RB
Dalvin Cook RB (depending on character concerns)
Hassan Reddick LB
Takk Mckinnley DE/OLB (concerned about his shoulder surgery)
Jabril Peppers LB/SS
Pat Mahomes QB (Dude is going a lot higher than people think)
OJ Howard TE (Fleener is a bust and Howard can be special)
John Ross WR (seriously)
Reuben Foster (my 2nd rated LB, not the coverage guy Reddick is)

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
WhoDatNation wrote:

You need to look at the numbers WDN...

The top defensive players such as Garnett, Allen, Thomas, Lattimore, Adams and Hooker will be off the board.

I personally ain't as high on Foster as everyone else is (I have Reddick my #1 linebacker).

Every other defender available at 11 would be rated below most of my highly rated offensive prospects.

It's not TRYING to justify... it's merely sticking to my board in my case. Then you factor in the fact that the Saints have already signed a starting MIKE, RDE, RG in Free agency and are likely about to acquire a true #1 CB then it's clear to see that they have positioned themselves to take the BPA at 11.

I've said numerous times that if Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas are both off the board by 11, I'd rather take a pass rusher at 32 than reach for either Charlton or Barnett at 11. With the signing of Oakfor (who was PFF's 5th rated player at affecting the QB in 2016) their is still a need but it isn't as desperate.

My cloud of prospects at 11 now is looking like... no particular order:

Christian McCaffrey RB
Dalvin Cook RB (depending on character concerns)
Hassan Reddick LB
Takk Mckinnley DE/OLB (concerned about his shoulder surgery)
Jabril Peppers LB/SS
Pat Mahomes QB (Dude is going a lot higher than people think)
OJ Howard TE (Fleener is a bust and Howard can be special)
John Ross WR (seriously)
Reuben Foster (my 2nd rated LB, not the coverage guy Reddick is)

So obviously 11 is BPA, or we would think that.

So what do you think the odds are of trading back up? Throwing our 32 & 42 in for, say, a 15 to get back into a high selection? Assuming we don't toss 32 or 42 back to the Pats for Butler.

Pick 15 could still be Taco (if desired). I've seen mocks with Barnett still available, but haven't seen anything about Jordan Willis in the 1st round at all, so what am I missing here?
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want John Ross at 11, that would essentially be us getting rid of Cooks and our first round pick for another speedy receiver that hasn't proven himself like Cooks has. If he is still there later, then sure, I wouldn't mind.

Also, I'm not so sure he ran a true 4.22, but that doesn't really matter, even 4.24 or 4.25 is ridiculous and plenty fast enough.

I want DE, but I really wouldn't be upset at all with McCaffery. I'm an offensive minded guy to begin with, and I think McCaffery would ball out in our offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: