FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Bold prediction thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
It's definitely a deep TE class but I hope we don't take one too early. We clearly dont need a good TE to have a good offense, idk why we haven't given Hill more opportunity as the pass catching TE. He doesn't drop any more than Fleener and I think he's more prone to busting off a big play or making a spectacular catch. he runs like a horse and he's a lot grittier than Fleener. No idea why Payton loves him so much but refuses to give him a real opportunity. Payton is so afraid of young players messing up that he stunts their growth, he consistently brings in vets that are marginally better, if at all.


This staff is far to impatient which leads to so much undeveloped talent... the bottom line was they (Loomis and Payton) panicked when they signed Fleener, they were confident Watson would be back and his price tag on the open market shocked them. I have little doubt This will be Fleeners last season in NOLA.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

My new bold prediction... and the one I believe to be true, the Saints WILL trade up and draft Solomon Thomas Stanford DE.

I just don't know how high and at what cost.

This team is desperate for a top pass rusher and Thomas is a freak show. Payton is very tight with David Shaw (Stanford HC) and I'm convinced that Thomas is our guy and once all the top FA pass rushers were franchised this offseason the Saints began to position themselves to make a move on Thomas who has clearly worked his way firmly into the top 10.

There's rumors that Michigan DE Taco Charlton is the jewel of their eye but this is the lying season so that could be talk to throw other teams off the sent. Either way I feel the Saints will identify the DE they really want and go up ahead of the Panthers and Bengals to get him... in my case I believe that guy to be Solomon Thomas.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6563
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
My new bold prediction... and the one I believe to be true, the Saints WILL trade up and draft Solomon Thomas Stanford DE.

I just don't know how high and at what cost.

This team is desperate for a top pass rusher and Thomas is a freak show. Payton is very tight with David Shaw (Stanford HC) and I'm convinced that Thomas is our guy and once all the top FA pass rushers were franchised this offseason the Saints began to position themselves to make a move on Thomas who has clearly worked his way firmly into the top 10.

There's rumors that Michigan DE Taco Charlton is the jewel of their eye but this is the lying season so that could be talk to throw other teams off the sent. Either way I feel the Saints will identify the DE they really want and go up ahead of the Panthers and Bengals to get him... in my case I believe that guy to be Solomon Thomas.


I like Solomon Thomas a whole lot, but I'm not a fan of trading up in this year's draft. I was all about trading up for Bosa last year, but I feel like we could get an impact pass rusher at 11. I think Thomas is better suited to play inside at 3 tech. With Fairley and Rankins on the inside I'd rather draft a true DE.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
koifish


Joined: 08 Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Location: Baton Rouge
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not well versed in mock draft of any particular player. I say we draft a DE at 11 and as many CB as possible the rest of the draft, considering our injury history in this position in recent years.

I'm sad to see Cooks go and got a crap deal out of him. However, it is probably a necessary move considering the sad state of our defense. I had to walk away from TV in those two Atlanta games last season. The way they tore up our defense, they could have easily scored the number of TD in one game Cooks had compiled for us in a whole season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like our first round to be DE and CB, but I wouldn't mind seeing TE or OL anywhere else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
My new bold prediction... and the one I believe to be true, the Saints WILL trade up and draft Solomon Thomas Stanford DE.

I just don't know how high and at what cost.

This team is desperate for a top pass rusher and Thomas is a freak show. Payton is very tight with David Shaw (Stanford HC) and I'm convinced that Thomas is our guy and once all the top FA pass rushers were franchised this offseason the Saints began to position themselves to make a move on Thomas who has clearly worked his way firmly into the top 10.

There's rumors that Michigan DE Taco Charlton is the jewel of their eye but this is the lying season so that could be talk to throw other teams off the sent. Either way I feel the Saints will identify the DE they really want and go up ahead of the Panthers and Bengals to get him... in my case I believe that guy to be Solomon Thomas.


I like Solomon Thomas a whole lot, but I'm not a fan of trading up in this year's draft. I was all about trading up for Bosa last year, but I feel like we could get an impact pass rusher at 11. I think Thomas is better suited to play inside at 3 tech. With Fairley and Rankins on the inside I'd rather draft a true DE.


I think we both value Thomas about the same but view him as a prospect a little different... I could very easily see Thomas as the 2nd player off the board due to his extremely versitle skill set and upside. Your right, Thomas is a terror on the interior when matched up against guards due to his quickness and power but many pegg him as merely a base end who can kick inside on passing downs but that's simply because of what he was asked to do within the Stanford 34 defensive scheme.

Thomas proved at the NFL combine in field drills that this kid is so much more than what was originally thought. This is a Swiss army pass rusher with power and speed. He possesses the most violent Hands in the draft and his get off is top kotch. Thomas himself has stated that his best fit in the NFL would be as a RDE in a 43 scheme but admits to being able to play anywhere. It's also important to remember that this kid JUST TURNED 21!!!

The only thing Myles Garrett has over Thomas is the physical gifts of his length, if Thomas was as tall and as long as Garrett we could very well be having a discussion as to who is the better prospect between the two.

I've never been a big fan of trading picks but admit to the fact that Teresa wins and losses in both scenarios, however I do know that Loomis and Payton are aggressive and both determine pass rusher as a must and with the picks they have I seriously doubt they will sit on their hands and hope a guy they like falls to them... there gonna go get the guy they want.

My personal preference would be to stay at 11, keep our picks and take Barnett at 11 whom I feel is our best fit.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 3421
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel we'll take a QB with either the 32 or our 2nd. Everyone and their cat knows Brees' time is coming to an end, and we really don't have anything close to a heir apparent. Grayson didn't work out, but with the added ammo of picks, I have to think we will take another shot at a QB to groom behind Brees.
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2568
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian McCaffrey 11th overall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Christian McCaffrey 11th overall


You know, I almost hope we do
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 562
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Christian McCaffrey 11th overall


You know, I almost hope we do
He could probably be the Eddleman/Welker type guy, plus swing pass HB like Bush was so good at. I assume his vision is similar to Pierre Thomas, perhaps he'd be a good screen guy. Payton gets pretty crafty when he has a guy like that in the backfield mix.
_________________
~courtesy of the weak minded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I know we don't need McCaffrey but I have no doubt he'd be a total stud in this offense. 800 rec yards and 400 rushing kind of rookie season imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 3421
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Christian McCaffrey 11th overall


I'd punch a baby
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Christian McCaffrey 11th overall


I'd punch a baby


Still... it's a VERY REAL possibility!

He's tailor made for this offense and the draft is deep enough defensively to land a quality DE, CB, LB and S with our next 4 picks.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Lol I know we don't need McCaffrey but I have no doubt he'd be a total stud in this offense. 800 rec yards and 400 rushing kind of rookie season imo


Would not shock me in the least if he's the pick at 11...

Deep defensive draft, top corner and top 2 DE's will both be off the board by 11. McCaffrey would fit this offense like a glove and assume the "decoy" role Cooks hated.

He'd challenge the total yardage record every year and he and Ingram would compliment eachother extremely well.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the guy, and would almost just rather say [inappropriate/removed] it and let our defense rot so we can see how many numbers we can rack up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group