Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bold prediction thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

This thread is my change of pace back to the Offseason thread aka Cooks Talk Live.

Saints will draft Dalvin Cook or Christian McCaffrey.

Feel free to post your own. Make it bold though, no gimmes.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

Saints will draft Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes with the 32nd pick:

This move will end up being a GM driven decision as Loomis looks to protect the franchise in the event the 2017 season is a flop. Mahomes is extremely gifted but in need of grooming. Elite NFL arm and confidence/toughness. By taking him at 32 the Saints get their QB of the future on a 5 year deal and protect themselves from another Stephone Anthony type situation with the pick they landed for Brandin Cooks.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

This move will end up being a GM driven decision as Loomis looks to protect the franchise in the event the 2017 season is a flop. Mahomes is extremely gifted but in need of grooming. Elite NFL arm and confidence/toughness. By taking him at 32 the Saints get their QB of the future on a 5 year deal and protect themselves from another Stephone Anthony type situation with the pick they landed for Brandin Cooks.
Ive seen him mocked to us. Love his arm and personality, like you mentioned but I've seen no tape at all. Just a few highlight reels and interviews.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Ive seen him mocked to us. Love his arm and personality, like you mentioned but I've seen no tape at all. Just a few highlight reels and interviews.

That's about as bold as I can get... Very Happy

Actually I think he's off the board before 32 though

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bold prediction thread Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

That's about as bold as I can get... Very Happy

Actually I think he's off the board before 32 though
. Oh I definitely think it's bold, thought it was in the mock too.
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints draft defense with their first four picks, including getting Sydney Jones in the 3rd with the Patriots pick after his Achilles injury.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Saints hold onto their first three picks, they'll draft two defensive players. One of them being a DE and the other being a CB. The offensive player selected will be either Christian McAffrey, Patrick Maholmes, or Evan Engram.

mike23md on the sig
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Saints go all offense through the draft and try to sign defense through continued free agency and trades.

2) The above plan fails completely and the Saints go 3-13, and 0-6 in the division.

3) The Saints relocate to Las Vegas (Vegas Saints - kinda funny) to share a stadium with the Raiders, led by their new head coach, Greg Williams.

4) Drew Brees and our 3rd round pick wind up in Cleveland for a 2nd round pick, and conditional 2019 pick.

5) All of the above precipitates the firing of Loomis, and the death of Benson (has a stroke), and the team spirals downward because the family is all batsh*t crazy.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There, got that ^^ off my chest.

Payton will be tempted by offense, but I think Loomis will override and insist on Defense.

Honestly, this draft is going to tell us 2 things, in my opinion:

1) how much control does Loomis really have over Payton.
2) Is Payton's ego so big that he allows this team to circle the toilet bowl just do he can go get another offensive darling, rather than the needed defensive players.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need a few offensive players, we just need defense worse.i wouldn't mind seeing an offensive player drafted, as long as it isn't at number 11, and it isn't a receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make one for now, we go CB at 11 instead of a DE.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
If the Saints hold onto their first three picks, they'll draft two defensive players. One of them being a DE and the other being a CB. The offensive player selected will be either Christian McAffrey, Patrick Maholmes, or Evan Engram.

I'm sure Payton is schemeing of a way to land McAffrey for his offense but you might be on to something there with a TE early Flood. We all know that Fleener is garbage and is the next in line of this front offices FA blunders but at least they were smart with his deal. The Saints can designate Fleener a post 1 cut next offseason and save 6.4 million on the cap with only around 1.5 in dead money. That 6.4 will likely be needed to resign Delvin Breaux if he has a good year in 2017. Also Willie Snead and Kenny Vaccaro if they don't have new deals by then.

Fleener is currently a top 5 paid player on this team which is absurd! This is a very good TE class so with a look to the future, drafting a good young TE this year makes a ton of sense!

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:

Only if Lattimore is on the board would I agree with you.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Only if Lattimore is on the board would I agree with you.

That's who I think they target at 11. Take a pass rusher or QB(Mahomes) at 32 (if they stay there).

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a deep TE class but I hope we don't take one too early. We clearly dont need a good TE to have a good offense, idk why we haven't given Hill more opportunity as the pass catching TE. He doesn't drop any more than Fleener and I think he's more prone to busting off a big play or making a spectacular catch. he runs like a horse and he's a lot grittier than Fleener. No idea why Payton loves him so much but refuses to give him a real opportunity. Payton is so afraid of young players messing up that he stunts their growth, he consistently brings in vets that are marginally better, if at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: