Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OL DJ Fluker signs with Giants
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: OL DJ Fluker signs with Giants Reply with quote

Quote:
OT DJ Fluker agrees to a one-year deal with the Giants, source says. Former 11th overall pick gets a chance to reset his career.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/840733422549110784
Quote:
Confirmed #Giants signed OT DJ Fluker to a one-year contract, as @MikeGarafolo said.

It's a $3M deal.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much cheaper than people were expecting. Wonder if he's playing G or T and what the guarantee is
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this move a lot.
bagh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Much cheaper than people were expecting. Wonder if he's playing G or T and what the guarantee is

I am thinking Guard. He would a younger option than Jerry and probablly has more upside.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some reports say he played better at RT. had a good pass protection grade from pff at RG last year
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

I am thinking Guard. He would a younger option than Jerry and probablly has more upside.

Austin Patszos at T maybe. Or hart.
bagh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bagh wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

It's going to be Hart. McCadoo seemed obsessed with Flowers at LT and Hart at RT.

My question is why release him after picking up his 5th year option?

Did he not fit the new coaches scheme or was it something else?
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for us to cut vereen Thomas and Harris and sign jpp long term so we can re-sign Robinson and bring in Patszos to play RT. Flowers Pugh richburg flukes and patszos with jones hart and a draft pick for depth

Kodaraw wrote:
bagh wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the one year deal thing doesn't come back to bite us in the butt like it did with Martellus Bennett.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bagh wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

It's going to be Hart. McCadoo seemed obsessed with Flowers at LT and Hart at RT.

My question is why release him after picking up his 5th year option?

Did he not fit the new coaches scheme or was it something else?

It surprised me too but he was kinda bad in SD. In his defense, SD was bad in general. Fluker can run block way better than he can pass block, though (the complete opposite of John Jerry). Maybe a change of scenery from a bad few years at a franchise going through some stuff will be good for his career. Ellison, Marshall, fluker all great run blockers.
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Hopefully the one year deal thing doesn't come back to bite us in the butt like it did with Martellus Bennett.

I don't get what this fascination with Bennett is. He is an average TE.

His year with us was his best and he parlayed that into $5 Mil a year contract that didn't make much sense at the time for the Giants with the cap situation.

The guy hasn't had a 1K receiving year ever and just hit 30. Maybe he will with Rodgers, but to me, in a Giants offense that doesn't really feature the TE, with a set of WRs that are capable, he is a luxury.

We still have protection issues and I think thats why the Giants have prioritized Ellison over Bennett at the stupid amount that he got for a blocking TE. Bennett wasn't that great at protection. He was and is a catch first first TE who excelled at it in NE as they feature the TE on a regular basis.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to honestly think that maybe getting Bolles or Ramczyk in the first is the best way to go; I don't want to do that because we would have 4 1st rounders and one second rounder on the starting line but to have a starting line like Ramczyk/Bolles, Pugh, Richburg, Fluker, Flowers is something we should do for the now and for the future.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Starting to honestly think that maybe getting Bolles or Ramczyk in the first is the best way to go; I don't want to do that because we would have 4 1st rounders and one second rounder on the starting line but to have a starting line like Ramczyk/Bolles, Pugh, Richburg, Fluker, Flowers is something we should do for the now and for the future.

I'd prefer we go defense, preferably a pass rusher. I think we try to get value with the OL tbh. We need more edge rushers. This Riddick guy seems like a good get.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE Reddick if we grabbed him...I been wanting us to take him with our first pick since the Senior Bowl. I guess now I find myself going back and forth with a OT or him because we have Fluker to play RG now and I know Flowers will be a better RT so it's hard for me to see how we can pass up on Bolles or Ramczyk if they are there at #23 because our OL would be so much better to protect Eli and give him time to throw to our weapons. Only thing this offense would need is a catching TE (Everett in the 2nd round) and a bruising/physical back like Foreman from Texas in the 3rd round.

reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

I'd prefer we go defense, preferably a pass rusher. I think we try to get value with the OL tbh. We need more edge rushers. This Riddick guy seems like a good get.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
LOVE Reddick if we grabbed him...I been wanting us to take him with our first pick since the Senior Bowl. I guess now I find myself going back and forth with a OT or him because we have Fluker to play RG now and I know Flowers will be a better RT so it's hard for me to see how we can pass up on Bolles or Ramczyk if they are there at #23 because our OL would be so much better to protect Eli and give him time to throw to our weapons. Only thing this offense would need is a catching TE (Everett in the 2nd round) and a bruising/physical back like Foreman from Texas in the 3rd round.

reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

We just resigned John Jerry, so Fluker could potentially play RT. Either way, I don't think any of the OL are worth the 23 and would be a desperate reach. There are at least 5-10 other players that should be there that we should take over OL in the first. Reddick is also my pick. I also want a QB in round two or three

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: