Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign WR Kendall Wright (1 year)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. S
2. TE
3. QB
4. WR
4. CB
5. DE
7. OT
Epyon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I have said insert draft pick at WR, S and CB.

That is 3 positions and we have 7 picks.

My guess is we are drafting a player at all 3 of those positions without much doubt.

QB, S, RB are imo 3 locks for a draft. I'd be pretty confident in saying 1 DL, 1OLB, 1 TE, 1WR and 1 CB are the next most likely.

WindyCity wrote:
1. S
2. TE
3. QB
4. WR
4. CB
5. DE
7. OT

Not sure if you listed those in order (ie 1 is more important than 2 is more important than 3), or just listed them as generic needs.

I'd also add:

- RB #2 is imo one of our biggest team needs right now, particularly if we're rolling a Glennon/Shaw/Rookie lineup. Take the ball out of their hands as much as possible. Langford and Carey have been useless.

- DL wise we need a NT and a 5T (can be a depth guy) those aren't typically too hard to find. My preference right now is Dalvin Tomlinson if he can make it to the 4th. Tanoh Kpass could be another option for a pure 5t... since his imo disapointing combine might have pushed him down into the 3rd-4th range (precombine hype had him as a 2nd rounder)

- OLB Depth..... OLB is significantly less stacked than it looks for us... Floyd had 2 concussions last year, McPhee's knee has been killing his ability to contribute... Willie Young is probably the only other one I think plays well enough to stick around, and RRH is a developmental guy... Tyus Bowser in the 3rd would probably be the value I was looking for.

TL:DR we need more picks.... At least 2-3 more.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad mike and I talked about this and the TE talent at the top of the 2nd should be really good and probably will be better than the WR talent.

We need to add weapons for Glennon and to me whether it is Engram at TE or Zay Jones at WR doesn't matter as long as someone can be dynamic in the passing game.

RB could work its way in there as well, but as of right now until Houston is cut I don't see where an OLB makes the team especially a late round pick.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1. S
2. TE
3. QB
4. WR
4. CB
5. DE
7. OT

1-7. Playmakers
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems we're clearly targeting long speed including White and quickness with these FAs compared to the Jeffery type.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: