Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign CB Marcus Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The only problem with moving someone to S is you are going to create a problem there as well...Amos wasn't great last year (who was) but he is still young with experience and talent...HJQ might be the odd man out but was still at least productive...Demps has just got here...and do we give up on Bush or DHC after just one season?...add in the fact that we should be making use of this safety class you have a ton of depth if not talent at that spot before even moving a CB...

Makes you wonder if the top brass are looking towards Allen or Thomas at #3.

I am not really worried what happens with any of Amos, HJQ, or DHC.

Right now it think the only 2 safeties who are guranteed to be on the team are Demps and Bush.

They will more than likely draft 1 high and then let those 3 compete.

HJQ and DHC are probably gone.

I don't see them moving on from DHC after only one season.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The only problem with moving someone to S is you are going to create a problem there as well...Amos wasn't great last year (who was) but he is still young with experience and talent...HJQ might be the odd man out but was still at least productive...Demps has just got here...and do we give up on Bush or DHC after just one season?...add in the fact that we should be making use of this safety class you have a ton of depth if not talent at that spot before even moving a CB...

Right now it think the only 2 safeties who are guranteed to be on the team are Demps and Bush.

Nor do I. Especially with Amos looking like nothing more than a serviceable back up. I'm sure they have higher hopes of DHC in the long term.

The only way I see DHC being let go is if they have a high pick for safety. But he is on a very cheap rookie deal, likely try to stash on a practice squad first.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Marcus Cooper's 3-year deal with #Bears is worth $16 million. He gets $6M in Year 1. Can earn another $3M in incentives.

Called it

I like Cooper but I think that is too much...$8 guaranteed is interesting too.

That is the price of average starting talent. 5-6 million is the price to dance for someone you expect to play.

Wheaton got 5.5/year

But that level of commitment to Cooper tells me that Porter and Fuller need to be on alert.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Marcus Cooper's 3-year deal with #Bears is worth $16 million. He gets $6M in Year 1. Can earn another $3M in incentives.

Called it

That is the price of average starting talent. 5-6 million is the price to dance for someone you expect to play.

Wheaton got 5.5/year

But that level of commitment to Cooper tells me that Porter and Fuller need to be on alert.

Which is a joke.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I disagree if a better player can be brought in. I think the investment there is minimal. He was a 6th round pick who was inactive half the season. Assuming we draft a S high I think either he or HJC will be gone (independent of injuries of course).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are paying a premium for 2 reasons

1. They suck and have coaching uncertainty.

2. They want young ascending players which means you pay for some uncertainty.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

Yet paying Jeffery what would have been $17 mil on the tag is not a joke?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

Jeffery is a bonefied #1 WR for most teams in the NFL...Wheaton is currently the 4th best WR on this team behind Meredith, White & Wright...hardly inspiring...

The fact Jeffery didn't want to stay here and no big name free agent wanted to come here tells you everything about the state of this franchise right now.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

Jeffery is a bonefied #1 WR for most teams in the NFL...Wheaton is currently the 4th best WR on this team behind Meredith, White & Wright...hardly inspiring...

The fact Jeffery didn't want to stay here and no big name free agent wanted to come here tells you everything about the state of this franchise right now.

I'm fully aware of the state this team is in and I've already accepted it a long time ago. I'm not losing any sleep over a few overpriced free agents spurning the Bears. This team is still a ways away from competing for anything significant.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are paying players for what they are going to do it is always going to look like you have over paid.

Paying Hicks 5/year was not a good value for what he had done, but looks great now because of where he has gone.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

I'm fully aware of the state this team is in and I've already accepted it a long time ago. I'm not losing any sleep over a few overpriced free agents spurning the Bears. This team is still a ways away from competing for anything significant.

Be worried about the overpriced FAs we actually signed.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the free agents we signed can do the Bears any damage.

They are all essentially on 1 year deals with options for the Bears after.

If Cooper sucks he will be released in 2018 with only a slight dead cap hit. Same can be said for everyone including Glennon.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
None of the free agents we signed can do the Bears any damage.

They are all essentially on 1 year deals with options for the Bears after.

If Cooper sucks he will be released in 2018 with only a slight dead cap hit. Same can be said for everyone including Glennon.

Exactly. None of the deals Bears signed are going to be crippling 2-3 years down the road.

It's much less risky approach than signing guys like Gilmore, Bouye, etc to the long term deals they got.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

I would have rather given it to Patterson. He isn't as good a WR as Wheaton but is an elite returner.

To me it would be justified.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Starter money

Called it

Wheaton got 5.5/year

Which is a joke.

Be worried about the overpriced FAs we actually signed.

Well, we tried to pay overpriced rates for the top FA but other teams paid more overpriced amounts or could offer the chance to compete for a title (or both). None of these deals are long enough to worry about the cost anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: