You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign CB Marcus Cooper
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5811
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Bears sign CB Marcus Cooper Reply with quote

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-rostermoves/Bears-ink-DB-Cooper-to-3-year-deal/5040ca9b-4055-4895-884e-5c837f203061


Looks like a good signing. With the DBs we've signed the last day, is our first rounder a QB? Jonathan Allen? A trade down? or are we still going DB there?
_________________
Adopt a Bear:
DT Eddie Goldman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this signing. This guy has a ton of potential to go with really good production.

Elite size

6'2"
197lbs

Elite athletic numbers

4.45 (40)
39" vert

Really good production

69 tackles
11 PD
4 INT
1 TD

There is a lot to work with here long term.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Epyon


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 449
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen seems like the far and away front runner to me.... Though I'd prefer Mahomes, Hooker, and Solomon Thomas for my tier one guys.

Tier two is Adams.

Tier 3 is like Trubisky or reaching for a mid first rounder


The real blessing of this signing is we can probably get away without a corner draft now, if we have to....and considering the needs we do have ,that's a very good thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8306
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
The real blessing of this signing is we can probably get away without a corner draft now, if we have to....and considering the needs we do have ,that's a very good thing.

Corner is still a massive need. If the board plays out right, they'll draft one.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really solid depth pick up who might develop into a starter.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3309
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starter for us this year, may earn a long term contract. Happy with this signing.

Still has to look for CBs
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
This is a really solid depth pick up who might develop into a starter.


He will be starting this season. He probably got paid starting money and the guy generates big plays.

What I love about this signing is that there is so much upside to it. Cooper can still grow into something with Donatell and Fangio.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My secondary guess

CB

Amukamara
Cooper
Hall
Draft Pick
Fuller
Leblanc/Callahan

*i really think Fullers best bet is to take the NB job from the midgets.

S

Demps
Draft Pick
Bush
Amos
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
This is a really solid depth pick up who might develop into a starter.


He will be starting this season. He probably got paid starting money and the guy generates big plays.

What I love about this signing is that there is so much upside to it. Cooper can still grow into something with Donatell and Fangio.


I think Prince and Porter will still start...Fuller could be next up...the said Fangio rotates his DBs more than just about anyone.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
This is a really solid depth pick up who might develop into a starter.


He will be starting this season. He probably got paid starting money and the guy generates big plays.

What I love about this signing is that there is so much upside to it. Cooper can still grow into something with Donatell and Fangio.


I think Prince and Porter will still start...Fuller could be next up...the said Fangio rotates his DBs more than just about anyone.


They didn't give Cooper 3 years to be the 4th man off the bench.

They also probably are not going to want to disrupt the development and momentum of a guy coming off an 11 PD, 4 INt, 1 TD season.


I think Porter is fairly likely to be cut.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
This is a really solid depth pick up who might develop into a starter.


He will be starting this season. He probably got paid starting money and the guy generates big plays.

What I love about this signing is that there is so much upside to it. Cooper can still grow into something with Donatell and Fangio.


I think Prince and Porter will still start...Fuller could be next up...the said Fangio rotates his DBs more than just about anyone.


They didn't give Cooper 3 years to be the 4th man off the bench.

They also probably are not going to want to disrupt the development and momentum of a guy coming off an 11 PD, 4 INt, 1 TD season.


I think Porter is fairly likely to be cut.


He man plays...he also got beat...Cooper is a solid option and as I said I like the pickup and would play him over Porter but I'm not sure the coaching staff will agree.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why did they sign him? Give him 3 years instead of 1? I am assuming pay him 5-6 million a year.

I think Prince will start, at least they paid him to.

Cooper, Hall and a Draft pick battle for the other spot.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Then why did they sign him? Give him 3 years instead of 1? I am assuming pay him 5-6 million a year.

I think Prince will start, at least they paid him to.

Cooper, Hall and a Draft pick battle for the other spot.


That would be a high estimate IMO.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Then why did they sign him? Give him 3 years instead of 1? I am assuming pay him 5-6 million a year.

I think Prince will start, at least they paid him to.

Cooper, Hall and a Draft pick battle for the other spot.


That would be a high estimate IMO.


I think with his physical tools, size and the numbers he put up last season, even with the rough edges he got real money.

3 years 15 million/7 guaranteed
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pdoggbears


Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Porter finds the fountain of youth and Fuller reverts back to the guy that played against the Niners Cooper starts. The only person I see taking his job is some rookie that isn't on the roster yet. I've seen enough of Porter running behind receivers or tripping and giving up game winning plays. They can't cut him ASAP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group