Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[SJL] Totally Winging This Fanspeak Draft Mawk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wouldn't want Barnett. I don't think he's quick enough to play in a 3-4; even as an Elephant. He's got power 4-3 DE written all over him. I have to disagree with Lance Zierlein, who thinks he compares to Perry. Barnett's nowhere near as fast as Perry and makes his bones through his array of pass rushing moves and lateral quickness. He'd fit very well with the Panthers and what they're trying to accomplish...
badgers0821

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
I mean this in the least condescending or mean tone I can, but it really doesn't even pay to post fanspeak mock drafts because they're so horribly unrealistic it's just going to leave you disappointed on draft day.

Barnett is a top 10 pick. Our hope for him is completely and totally dead.
Watt may be a top 25 pick at this stage, but he sure as hell won't be there at the end of round 2. If we took him at 29 I wouldn't complain, although I'm generally never very high on Wisconsin prospects outside of The RT (not even going to try to spell his name off the top of my head) this year, Joe Thomas years ago and Melvin Gordon to a lesser extent.

Wisconsin guys do better than not in the NFL, especially on the OL. I laughed when Houston fans booed the Watt pick. I was hoping the Packers would trade up into the top 10 to take him, it would have cost a lot at the time but obviously would have been more than worth it.

Right now the highest paid C, OG, and RT are all from Wisconsin...these obviously don't include HOFer Joe Thomas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: