You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where to draft Sidney Jones?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns got the need, picks to burn, and they're rebuilding so they got time. He's perfect for them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Cleveland drafting him with their 2nd 2 or their 1st 3 assuming he's projected to be 100% healthy by 2018. Their secondary is horrendous and without them able to address all of their needs in this draft (positionally speaking), I could see them spending a high 3rd on him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
I could see Cleveland drafting him with their 2nd 2 or their 1st 3 assuming he's projected to be 100% healthy by 2018. Their secondary is horrendous and without them able to address all of their needs in this draft (positionally speaking), I could see them spending a high 3rd on him.

Makes perfect sense.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Jones IV‏ @SidneyJonesIV
Surgery was great ✊🏾
The doctor said that I will for sure be playing this upcoming season 😎 #DontCountMeOut 💯

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Surgery was great ✊🏾
The doctor said that I will for sure be playing this upcoming season 😎 #DontCountMeOut 💯

By playing is he meaning playing meaningful NFL snaps or "football activities"? I'd venture to say the latter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Surgery was great ✊🏾

By playing is he meaning playing meaningful NFL snaps or "football activities"? I'd venture to say the latter.

Same guy who did surgery on Suggs, Dr. Robert Anderson, did Jones surgery. Suggs trotted out and played 5 months and 6 days after his surgery.

Same recovery time would be August 27, 2017

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Surgery was great ✊🏾

Same guy who did surgery on Suggs, Dr. Robert Anderson, did Jones surgery. Suggs trotted out and played 5 months and 6 days after his surgery.

Historically, though, OL/DL and WR seem to do much better than RB & CB (RB is the worst).

Now, we're not talking a lot of #'s, so the possibility of SSS bias is there. But it's fair to worry more about return to prior level of function for positions that require more stress on the Achilles (I'm guessing the RB/CB issue is all the stop and go, cutting, especially reactionary cutting, that can put unexpected stress on the Achilles, more than with WR's, where they know their cuts/plants ahead of time).

Jones was at such a high level pre injury that I probably take him Rd 3 without any hesitation. The Q will be if teams spend a Rd 2 pick. CLE had so many picks that it makes total sense there's less overall risk to the draft class returns.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Surgery was great ✊🏾

Suggs came back a lot quicker than expected, but he was way less effective than his normal level. Also, he ended up tearing it again a couple years later, so it POSSIBLE that it indicates further risk.
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Surgery was great ✊🏾

I did hear someone say he'll be running within 4 months.
Techbert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get anxious whenever a kid talks this aggressively about returning. They all want to do it, but if their camp takes shortcuts in the PT, it could cost them.

Thinking of Tank Carradine, who said he was back, had the team docs say "Not so fast" and had to back up. I don't think he ever got to where he should have been, and it was because his therapists took shortcuts to get him back sooner.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: