Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Malcolm Butler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
I too really want Conley, but why not both?
Because I think we're going to have to use that pick to take him or trade back just a little to take him. His stock is soaring.

Fair point. You'd need basically a perfect scenario board-wise to land both if we're being honest.

I don't think this will happen and I'm not even necessarily advocating for it, I just see Butler as the last chance we have at a quick fix on the outside now that Amukamara is gone. Yes I'm still in my feelings about that. Lol

Wasn't Prince hot garbage last year?

No, Jags fans said he was damn good. Arguably his best year as a pro.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Because I think we're going to have to use that pick to take him or trade back just a little to take him. His stock is soaring.

Fair point. You'd need basically a perfect scenario board-wise to land both if we're being honest.

I don't think this will happen and I'm not even necessarily advocating for it, I just see Butler as the last chance we have at a quick fix on the outside now that Amukamara is gone. Yes I'm still in my feelings about that. Lol

Did a bunch of other FA CBs get signed and I didn't hear about it?

Other than Claiborne as bk mentioned, I don't see any names that are going to constantly be a nice matchup against other team's ones. I'd love either Claiborne or Butler fwiw.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

I don't watch the Jags. But I know one Jags fan, he wanted him back but he made it sound like he just thinks he can get back to the form he once had.

I used to be a fan of his, but then these guys get on teams that are in my blind spot and it's hard to know anymore without effort to go look.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
This time of year, thread titles are important. Jerk.

lol what's wrong with it? I didn't imply we got him like say "Malcom Butler for #29"

Not gonna lie, I thought it was gonna be a rumor that we want him.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

I don't watch the Jags. But I know one Jags fan, he wanted him back but he made it sound like he just thinks he can get back to the form he once had.

I used to be a fan of his, but then these guys get on teams that are in my blind spot and it's hard to know anymore without effort to go look.

Quote:
In 2016, QBs completed 64% of their passes for a 108.8 passer-efficiency rating when targeting Amukamara

Just confirmation of what I saw when I watched the games.

2015 House >> 2016 Amukamara

You don't have to agree, but I'm just telling that's what I saw with my eyes.

I hope I'm not coming off as mean AFB. I like your takes and having your around here <3.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

Quote:
In 2016, QBs completed 64% of their passes for a 108.8 passer-efficiency rating when targeting Amukamara

I hope I'm not coming off as mean AFB. I like your takes and having your around here <3.

PFF had him 42nd or some crap like that, for whatever CollinsworthFocus is worth these days..
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

Quote:

You challenge me to be a better poster. I'm far from sensitive. You're welcome on my posts any time Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I challenge people to be worst posters.

Hey, I'll be serious though.

Is there any chance that NE would take LESS than the RFA tag for him?

I believe there is precedent for this.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

They seem pretty desperate to move him. The longer New Orleans makes New England wait, the more willing they will be to get what they can from him for a team that throws down a solid offer on the table. I think he can be had for a genuinely good value he wouldn't be any other year. And he's young enough to still be finding his peak as a player. He's already an established #1 who's done a great job on a who's who of WRs. No serious injury concerns either.

Last edited by ArodFanboy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

They seem pretty desperate to move him. The longer New Orleans makes New England wait, the more willing they will be to get what they can from him for a team that throws down a solid offer on the table. I think he can be had for a genuinely good value he wouldn't be any other year. And he's so young. No serious injury concerns either.

I get a lot more curious when we don't have to give up a 1st.

That being said, I still don't know how much "desperation" is playing into me wanting to get Butler.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who lives in New England and listens to their sports radio on a daily basis, I can say that Malcolm Butler is going nowhere unless the Saints make another deal with New England or he asks for a trade. The pundits up here were adamant that Butler was going to the Saints for Cooks or Butler and a pick were going to the Saints for Cooks and a pick. The Patriots were willing to give up their #32 for Cooks but the Saints wanted a higher pick so the Pats had to give up their #3 in exchange for a #4.

Think about this: New England just lost Logan Ryan to the Titans and there has been no evidence of Butler holding out or anything of the like. If anything, he'll play his butt off next year and cash in in 2018 FA. JMHO.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butler is actively seeking a trade now, with some reporting he's asking for Gilmore money while others simply believe he just wants out of New England as he knows the writing is on the wall for next season and isn't an indication if he'd accept 11-13 million. Asking price is a single first round pick. Can I imagine our front office considering this? No. But I sure as hell wouldn't of ever made a mock where we come away with Bennett at 7m pet season either. Thought it would take close to 10. Butler is the same kind of move we could probably get cheaper than most years (Butler would of taken multiple picks on top of a big contract any other season) as well as a player who like Bennett, is a true difference maker for the rest of the unit. Butler on a normal day largely takes away whoever he's asked to cover, he's not a great matchup against size but our division has exactly the types he thrives against. (Diggs, Marvin Jones). Perhaps draft Conley to play and learn from him on the boundary if we can find a pick inside the top 45-50 ideally or Jordan Lewis a bit later.Randall as the third safety, Rollins in the slot. Fixed secondary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
As someone who lives in New England and listens to their sports radio on a daily basis, I can say that Malcolm Butler is going nowhere unless the Saints make another deal with New England or he asks for a trade. The pundits up here were adamant that Butler was going to the Saints for Cooks or Butler and a pick were going to the Saints for Cooks and a pick. The Patriots were willing to give up their #32 for Cooks but the Saints wanted a higher pick so the Pats had to give up their #3 in exchange for a #4.

Think about this: New England just lost Logan Ryan to the Titans and there has been no evidence of Butler holding out or anything of the like. If anything, he'll play his butt off next year and cash in in 2018 FA. JMHO.

He can't be traded unless he signs his RFA offer. If NE pulls the offer they lose his rights and he becomes a FA immediately. Butler holds his own cards until TC or the season. Eventually he has to sign. But if he doesn't they can't trade him. If Butler doesn't wanna be traded he could refuse to sign the tender until later and either force NE to move on or force them to keep him in their plans.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:

He can't be traded unless he signs his RFA offer. If NE pulls the offer they lose his rights and he becomes a FA immediately. Butler holds his own cards until TC or the season. Eventually he has to sign. But if he doesn't they can't trade him. If Butler doesn't wanna be traded he could refuse to sign the tender until later and either force NE to move on or force them to keep him in their plans.

The rumor I saw is he just wants someone to sign him
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell I'd give up our first round pick for Butler. So sick of having corners barely faster than our linebackers. I also don't want to give New England a first round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: