Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign TE Lance Kendricks 2yr/$4m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
^I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I was joking. Other fans are saying that Kendricks can't possibly be anything more than a short range option for us. I disagree. I think every Packer fan likes or loves this signing.

Kendricks will be a strong #2 option for us. I think Richard Rodgers will be under the gun a little with this addition. The Packers might also look to the draft for a good young developmental prospect as well.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
^I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I was joking. Other fans are saying that Kendricks can't possibly be anything more than a short range option for us. I disagree. I think every Packer fan likes or loves this signing.

Honestly, I'm kinda indifferent to signing him. I mean, RR as a #2 TE isn't the worst, and I'm not sure Kendricks is that much of an upgrade over him. The one thing I hope we don't do is not draft a young, developmental TE. As I've said before, we weren't going to be in the mix for O.J. Howard or David Njoku, but if we could grab an athletic one on Day 3, and develop him that'd be my plan of action.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendricks two years from now is faster and more athletic than Richard Rodgers could ever be in his life. Don't know how people can't see that.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Kendricks two years from now is faster and more athletic than Richard Rodgers could ever be in his life. Don't know how people can't see that.

I'm not sure anyone is disagreeing with you. But the numbers don't match the production. And while you can blame some of that on the Rams QB situation, he's never really looked great.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I'm not sure anyone is disagreeing with you. But the numbers don't match the production. And while you can blame some of that on the Rams QB situation, he's never really looked great.

The touché moment here comes when I bring up Jared Cook and the fact that the Rams were the worst offense in the NFL last year, the worst offense in the NFL the year before, the fifth worst offense in the NFL the year before that, the third worst offense the year before that, the tenth worst the year before that and the 2nd worst before that year.

So in Lance's time in St. Louis/LA:

Worst
Worst
27th
29th
22nd
31st

And it just so happens that when the Rams were only the 22nd offense in the NFL, Kendricks had his best year as a pro with 42 catches, 519 yards, 12.4 average and 4 touchdowns (including an 80 yarder). That was with Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemmons and Austin Davis at QB.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

You can blame all of that on the Rams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Kendricks will be a strong #2 option for us. I think Richard Rodgers will be under the gun a little with this addition. The Packers might also look to the draft for a good young developmental prospect as well.

Richard Rodgers needs to go back to his career as a playwright. He will not get a second contract in Green Bay if he isn't cut this Fall...
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I don't know how anyone could say player X coming to Green Bay with a HOF quarterback is any worse off than he was before. I think it's far sillier when player X comes from the Rams, or the Browns, or another bottom-dweller with a track record of poor offensive production.

I'm excited with Kendricks as or no. 2, and think he'll see some targets out of various unscouted looks. McCarthy is excellent at finding and exploiting matchups. With the attention the rest of the group will demand (Nelson, Adams and Bennett), there will be opportunities to feast for our tertiary targets--Monty, Cobb, Kendricks, and, to a lesser extent, Davis/Allison/Janis/Rodgers.

Very excited for us to add two athletic TEs who should have no problem in the hurry up, can block (Martellus) and can exploit linebackers' suspect speed.

Offense just needs two running backs (in addition to Monty). Without one or two, I'm not sold on this offensive group, especially with the instability on the OL.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point to take a developmental TE would probably mean carrying 4 TEs though. I know we've done that in the past, but it's hardly the priority it once was with Kendricks on the roster.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:

I'm not saying that his production was diminished because of the poor QB play, because that probably played a part of it. But it's not a situation like Jared Cook where he flashed when he was with Tennessee.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

I'm not saying that his production was diminished because of the poor QB play, because that probably played a part of it. But it's not a situation like Jared Cook where he flashed when he was with Tennessee.

Kendricks hasn't had a chance anywhere else so it's not comparable.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Angelichio has done well with veteran TE's, happy to give him a couple to work with.

GB has drafted and acquired a pile of UDFA and late round TEs, not much to show for it

Andrew Quarless
Ryan Taylor
DJ Williams
Kennard Backman
DickRod
Colt Lyerla
Jake Stoneburner
Justin Perillo
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its awesome, but I hope it still means we get a TE in this deep draft, maybe mid rounds.
deltarich87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the full breakdown on his contract - 2yrs/$4 million, $1.2 million guaranteed

Quote:

Lance Kendricks' deal with the Packers: two years, $4 million including a $1.2 million signing bonus. Base salaries are $800,000 this season and $1.25 million next season. He has per-game roster bonuses of $18,750 in each season, up to $300,000 per year, and $75,000 in workout bonuses each year. There's also $600,000 in incentives and escalators for 2018.

So Kendricks cap hit for this season will be $1.4 million

So GB is likely sitting on or around $26-$27 million in cap space right now

Last edited by deltarich87 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About what I think most people expected?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: