Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NT Domato Peko signs with Den - 2 years 7.5M 3.8M guaranteed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good signing or not?
Yes - helps run D with his brother around as well
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
No - should have gone with Hankins or Logan.
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: NT Domato Peko signs with Den - 2 years 7.5M 3.8M guaranteed Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/840676223915180032

Would have preferred Logan or Hankins but probably cheaper. What worries me is that he has never been elite at run stopping. Which is what we need. Even if Logan or Hankins cost more they are likely better at upgrading the run D.

EDIT: Just realized it was Peko's cousin, not his brother, but can't change the poll Q. Laughing

Last edited by Broncofan on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Zach Kerr. Which brings me to this: who the hell is Zach Kerr?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
And Zach Kerr. Which brings me to this: who the hell is Zach Kerr?

Haha, that is exactly what I said.

These aren't splashy signings but more reinforcements. I hope we can get Vance Walker resigned because, if healthy, I think he is a good option at the Open End position on the line. Also we have to hope that Gotsis makes a nice job from his rookie to second season, the raw skills are there he just has to learn some nuances of playing DE in the NFL.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it bad I might be more hopeful about Kerr? 😆
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:

On first glance, he notched a nice statline last season. PFF hates both Peko and Kerr, though. Confused
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Broncofan wrote:

On first glance, he notched a nice statline last season. PFF hates both Peko and Kerr, though. Confused

We know what Peko is though and he played with guys like Geno Atkins and Michael Johnson at their peak. Kerr played on a terrible DL with no support and he's young and big. That's why Kerr intrigues more than Peko. But yeah seems like depth signing with him. Hate that we got Peko over Logan or Hankins. ESP since it seems like Logan is weighing one year offers. Oh well.
CDNBRONCOSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they still sign Logan. These are obviously depth signings.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope the front office doesn't consider this to be it at nose tackle. Hankins would be a great get, if still available (I haven't checked anything today).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we don't go after Logan or Hankins now which is a mistake. We may draft DL but they won't contribute much year 1. Who knows how much Gotsis will improve to help next year. I would have preferred Logan or Hankins and Kerr.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
I think we don't go after Logan or Hankins now which is a mistake. We may draft DL but they won't contribute much year 1. Who knows how much Gotsis will improve to help next year. I would have preferred Logan or Hankins and Kerr.

Absolutely. I get Peko played in CIN, so there's a connection with Joseph.

What hurts is that Logan wouldn't likely require a multi-year commitment, from latest reports - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/10/bennie-logan-visiting-washington/.

In a 2017-only scenario, I don't know how you take Peko even at a cheaper price than Logan, assuming it's not an insane # like, say 8M+. Even if it's 2M more at say just under 6M, the difference in run-stopping is huge. And no long-term risk. Just weird.

Maybe there's another NT signing, but given we paid Peko 3.8M, I doubt it.

On the bright side, I do like the Kerr signing as a backup. But our starter signing...yeah, uninspired given there were options.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Elway liked the idea of a fairly cheap 660 pound wall at NT and RE to help against the run in our base and Crick will become more of a nickel guy.

I don't know if Peko and Kerr can play. I do know they are both freaking huge and it's about 60 pounds of extra mass compared to Sly and Crick.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Really hope the front office doesn't consider this to be it at nose tackle. Hankins would be a great get, if still available (I haven't checked anything today).
Just throwing it out there and I doubt it will happen but if Elway thinks he can acquire a left tackle (which will cost money), there's reason to cheap out on the DL given you'd think Romo is probably the final piece and there won't be much cap room leftover after a QB and LT.

Peko's cap hit kinda sucks though. At 2 million, I'd be cool with it, but approaching 4 feels like an overpay.
brutle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d line just got a lot bigger, free up space for our LB's to get up field quicker,Kolar will get the most out of these 2 fore sure..still kinda hoping we see Logan come in though..please no Romo
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peko's a warrior. He'll help a lot. Might have a bit of influence in his young cousins development also.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts fans like Kerr. He looks like a positive contributor as a run stopper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: