Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Draft Talk, News & Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 2h2 hours ago
More
When asked about QB prospects on @WGR550, Sean McDermott says one of first things they consider is character, kind of person off the field.

Assuming this is true and with the recent wrist injury, you can all but take Kelly off the board in Buffalo.

Good.

If this morons last name wasn't Kelly we'd all be treating him like Johnny Manziel. I want nothing to do with him.

Thank you! +1

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills hosting Marlon Humphrey CB Bama

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a link for the curious about NFL positional averages...

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-draft-position-averages/

Adopt a Bill:
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised this wasn't already on here...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/jim-kelly-message-chad-kelly-nfl-instagram/

Not that I'm surprised Jim came to Chad's defense...blood is thicker than water after all. The last tweet allegedly from Sports Science was interesting though. Interesting enough for me to seek out info on Winston's evaluation. I found this:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/4/17/8415023/sport-science-winston-v-mariota

"And here is Bussell's take on Winston's mechanics, which also supports Sport Science:

Winstonís throwing mechanics are sloppy. And thatís putting it nicely. His feet are sloppy which causes his entire lower body to be sloppy and also his entire upper body. He gets away with this because he has such a strong arm and is still consistently accurate. With some discipline in his mechanics, Winston could become an even better thrower and more consistently accurate with the football. When Winston misses he misses high, especially to his right. He has a tendency to drop his throwing elbow when throwing to his right and causes a lot of his balls to sail because his hand dips below the football at the release instead of staying "on top" of it. This happens less when he throws to the left because the motion of throwing to the left naturally slots his elbow in the right position and heís less likely to let it sail."

So, it doesn't sound all that positive to me, but Kelly had the best review in the last 6 years...even better than Winston's? Huh.

Adopt a Bill:
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post some RB rankings in the situation that Mike Gillislee isn't brought back. I think we'll 100% take a RB if he indeed does go to NE.

On the bright side, we needed to add draft picks. Losing Gillislee gives us 3 picks in the 5th round. Also, this class is deep is just about every position of need for us, that includes RB. Personally, I love Marlon Mack and D'Onta Foreman in the mid rounds.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I'll post some RB rankings in the situation that Mike Gillislee isn't brought back. I think we'll 100% take a RB if he indeed does go to NE.

On the bright side, we needed to add draft picks. Losing Gillislee gives us 3 picks in the 5th round. Also, this class is deep is just about every position of need for us, that includes RB. Personally, I love Marlon Mack and D'Onta Foreman in the mid rounds.

Yesterday was a shock that he signed with the Patriots but looking at the contract no way should the bills match it. 4 million for a back up rb, yes he had a solid season but keep in mind in 2015 another 5th rd pick had a solid season in Karlos Williams. So it is not like they cannot find talent at the RB position. With the oline setup for a power run offense I think someone will be able to come in and fill that void for much cheaper. I dont think spending a draft pick on one is the best way to go though. Im sure the bills can find talent out there for cheaper like Deangelo Williams who was on the same team as McDermott in Carolina, or maybe a hometown guy like James Starks could be an option. Either way it has been a knee jerk reaction for must fans being pissed at the bills not tendering gillislee to a 2nd rd pick but they are strapped for cash and they have 20 roster spots to fill and this will be one of them. You cant spend 20% of the remaining cap on a back up rb when other holes need to be filled.

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Yesterday was a shock that he signed with the Patriots but looking at the contract no way should the bills match it. 4 million for a back up rb, yes he had a solid season but keep in mind in 2015 another 5th rd pick had a solid season in Karlos Williams. So it is not like they cannot find talent at the RB position. With the oline setup for a power run offense I think someone will be able to come in and fill that void for much cheaper. I dont think spending a draft pick on one is the best way to go though. Im sure the bills can find talent out there for cheaper like Deangelo Williams who was on the same team as McDermott in Carolina, or maybe a hometown guy like James Starks could be an option. Either way it has been a knee jerk reaction for must fans being pissed at the bills not tendering gillislee to a 2nd rd pick but they are strapped for cash and they have 20 roster spots to fill and this will be one of them. You cant spend 20% of the remaining cap on a back up rb when other holes need to be filled.
I think this is a good and rational way of looking at it. It's absolutely sucks but signing a backup to a big contract just to spite the Pats is just a dumb thing to do. We definitely need to replace him but keeping him just doesn't make any sense from a financial stance. It really blows though, Gillislee was probably my favorite player on offense...

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice Ö is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loosing Gillislee just opens up another big hole lol. It's been a while since this team has been this big of a train wreck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 said it nicely.

While losing Gillislee sucks, because trust me, I loved having him, I think calling it a big hole is an overreaction. Losing him to the Patriots of all teams gets a lot of fans thinking irrationally.

Just a few years ago we had Karlos Williams, lost him, many panicked, and we filled that hole rather easily. Even as far back as Travis Henry - Willis McGahee backed him up... followed that up with Marshawn Lynch & Fred Jackson, then CJ Spiller entered the picture and you know the rest. We never seem to have trouble getting that RB position filled. In fact, we often have too many guys there.

We have Shady, so it's not a big hole to fill. We have Jonathan Williams (hopefully he improves), Mike Toldozer and will probably sign or draft another guy. I trust our staff to get us a quality RB above all other positions.

As mentioned, 4 million is too much to give to a backup RB.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Loosing Gillislee just opens up another big hole lol. It's been a while since this team has been this big of a train wreck.

I think your over reacting by saying "big hole". Whaley found him week 13 2015 season on the street after Miami cut him. You had Karlos as back up that year and he was a beast. Whaley will find another back up Rb whether it is off the street in a guy like Deangelo Williams or James Starks or through the draft. I am sure it will be filled to play back up to Shady. No matter who the back up is if Shady goes down the offense isnt the same and you saw that with Gillislee last year. Like Karlos, Gillislee was a nice complement to Shady but by no means are they #1 rbs. One thing I have faith in is Whaley finding the gems in FA as he has done a hell of a job finding them and I think he can do it again with this back up spot.

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
cdavls17 said it nicely.

While losing Gillislee sucks, because trust me, I loved having him, I think calling it a big hole is an overreaction. Losing him to the Patriots of all teams gets a lot of fans thinking irrationally.

Just a few years ago we had Karlos Williams, lost him, many panicked, and we filled that hole rather easily. Even as far back as Travis Henry - Willis McGahee backed him up... followed that up with Marshawn Lynch & Fred Jackson, then CJ Spiller entered the picture and you know the rest. We never seem to have trouble getting that RB position filled. In fact, we often have too many guys there.

We have Shady, so it's not a big hole to fill. We have Jonathan Williams (hopefully he improves), Mike Toldozer and will probably sign or draft another guy. I trust our staff to get us a quality RB above all other positions.

But then it's $2 million the next year for a (potentially) bigger workload.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was the Eagles that put in the offer I am pretty sure no one would care or at least be acting like its the end of the world.

I mean seriously...I know Shady misses time here and then but our OL opens up holes that I could run through. I have no doubt Williams and Tolbert and Banyard or O'Neil or whoever we may pick up late in the draft can get big chunks of yardage.

If the Pats want to pay Gilislee the most they've paid a RB since Fred Taylor, let them.

We need the draft pick.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't buy into this Trubisky garbage.

A year ago today the Buffalo News reported we were legitimately interested in Paxton Lynch at 19.. we of coursed passed on him for Lawson.

The Bills have been tight lipped all off-season and then all of a sudden the news comes out that Pegula, Whaley and McDermott made the trip to NC? How convenient.

IMO the pick will be one of the three: Mike Williams, Haason Reddick or Marlon Humphrey (assuming we stay at 10).

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
cdavls17 said it nicely.

But then it's $2 million the next year for a (potentially) bigger workload.

Leeevans83d its not about the 2 mil next year its about the fact the bills only have 10.8 million left in cap space so to pay that additional 2.2 million that is due on him will put them down to 8.6 mil with 6 of it going to the 6 draft picks. Which then means the bills are down to 2.6 mil to offer to 15 UDFA and FA to fill the 90 roster spots that are needed. It is just not financially there. Especially when you have guys who will be FA next year Watkins, Wood, Kyle Willliams, Preston Brown. All those guys will be making new holes if they cant extend them. So is it worth paying 6 mil to a back up rb who was only on the time 1 year and the team has shown that back up rbs have been capable of standing up in the past to fill that hole? I dont think so.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wanted the bills to use Cyrus Kouandjo as a trading piece in the draft as Cordy Glenn is our starting LT and they do not want to move him to RT and Kouandjo cant play RT so it would be beneficial to trade him until today. Apparently he was found in a field half naked asking a police officer to shoot him. So with him potentially being suspended for a dumb move as this has to be related to drugs like Chandler Jones the bills will not be able to find a trade partner now.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: