Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to apologize to Mac
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Time to apologize to Mac Reply with quote

The guy says very little, but so far this year he has done everything right if he was able to bag Jefferson, to go with the Beachum pick up, the FA period would have been a big success. He was the high bidder for Jefferson but he sign for less money with Baltimore. If we did get Jefferson, we would have our LT,& defensive back and it would have taking a lot of pressure off going into the draft. I just wish he had his own HC in place, because Bowles in not the answer. Just like this FA period we will have no idea what he will do in the draft, till he picks, maybe that is a good thing.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel we need a young quality cornerback. Seen a rumour of a Trumain Johnson-Sheldon Richardson trade which would work for us. Not sure it has any validity though.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to see him do something in the secondary pre draft. That was our biggest weakness last year and it hasn't been addressed yet. So we will see what he does.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a question mark at LT doesn't make FA a success. Neither does adding a mediocre kicker.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I still need to see him do something in the secondary pre draft. That was our biggest weakness last year and it hasn't been addressed yet. So we will see what he does.

Last edited by doumeyer on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:

It would be great if he could get a first rate safety or CB for Shelton that would work. I think we would all be happy with that.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Adding a question mark at LT doesn't make FA a success. Neither does adding a mediocre kicker.

NO I said if we added Jefferson
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

NO I said if we added Jefferson
Right but we didn't. We can't do what if scenarios. What if he signed Gilmore for a 5 mil a year contract? It's irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
I still feel we need a young quality cornerback. Seen a rumour of a Trumain Johnson-Sheldon Richardson trade which would work for us. Not sure it has any validity though.

I would be over the moon excited about that trade but the values of those guys don't match up. You'd think Johnson would be worth at least a 2nd, which is more than most peoples value on Sheldon. Also the last thing the Rams need is more D lineman.
MP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody should have their pitch forks raised at him, but he has done absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence in me. Williams fell into his laps and after that there's a ton of question marks. The last two years I'm sure there was a mandate to be a playoff team, so now is where I start to judge him.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
Nobody should have their pitch forks raised at him, but he has done absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence in me. Williams fell into his laps and after that there's a ton of question marks. The last two years I'm sure there was a mandate to be a playoff team, so now is where I start to judge him.

He's gotten more out of late picks, and undrafted FA's than any GM we've had. IMO that is what makes a good GM even more than the guy that hits on ever first round pick (because that guy doesn't exist). Bill B has missed on a ton of first rounders but he always seems to find guys later on and that were undrafted that all play important roles on his team.

I really like how Macc has been approaching things so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the spending spree in year one had Woody behind it. This is the exact type of offseason we need.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
MP wrote:

He's gotten more out of late picks, and undrafted FA's than any GM we've had. IMO that is what makes a good GM even more than the guy that hits on ever first round pick (because that guy doesn't exist). Bill B has missed on a ton of first rounders but he always seems to find guys later on and that were undrafted that all play important roles on his team.

I really like how Macc has been approaching things so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the spending spree in year one had Woody behind it. This is the exact type of offseason we need.

He also does a good job structuring contracts. It's hard for me to look past the Hackenberg selection cause I was so against it. Other then that; I can't fault him on much without using hindsight. It's about results though, and while i didn't mind some of his free agent decisions a few didn't pan out obviously and the team is devoid of a lot of talent/ has glaring holes and in the end that's on him too.

I think he has these next two drafts before any potential firing so he has to do well and give us a base of talent because clearly top free agents are not coming here without significant overpays like what the Jags do on a yearly basis.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
MP wrote:

He also does a good job structuring contracts. It's hard for me to look past the Hackenberg selection cause I was so against it. Other then that; I can't fault him on much without using hindsight. It's about results though, and while i didn't mind some of his free agent decisions a few didn't pan out obviously and the team is devoid of a lot of talent/ has glaring holes and in the end that's on him too.

I think he has these next two drafts before any potential firing so he has to do well and give us a base of talent because clearly top free agents are not coming here without significant overpays like what the Jags do on a yearly basis.

The only reason we went on a spending spree is because we had so many holes and Macc didn't have any draft picks yet. He structured all those guys to 2 year contracts so his draft picks could be groomed and step in this year. I don't think we will ever be really big players in FA like we have been in the past. I've loved all his moves, yes even Revis and Fitz, because I think there was a sound thought behind those moves. I would have liked to have Snacks over Wilk but at the time I totally understand the thinking behind that decision.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Jefferson turned down more money from the JEts to join the Ravens. Our organization is not heading in the right direction.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Tony Jefferson turned down more money from the JEts to join the Ravens. Our organization is not heading in the right direction.

He came out after that was reported and said that it wasn't true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: