Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid FA MOCK....Ted no sign anyone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:

I just think they like Callahan too much to draft a QB in an underwhelming class.

My $0.02

I totally forgot that they brought Callahan back after he went to CLE and then NO....or whatever teams they were.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

I just think they like Callahan too much to draft a QB in an underwhelming class.

My $0.02

I totally forgot that they brought Callahan back after he went to CLE and then NO....or whatever teams they were.

Yeah, McCarthy said he earned that spot on the 53 out of TC. I think the Packers really want to give him a fair shake to develop into a potential #2 before Hundley bolts.

Just switch your 6th Rd Pick. I won't tell anyone. Wink
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

My $0.02

Yeah, McCarthy said he earned that spot on the 53 out of TC. I think the Packers really want to give him a fair shake to develop into a potential #2 before Hundley bolts.

Just switch your 6th Rd Pick. I won't tell anyone. Wink

OK...Just consider it Myles Garrett in the 6th and we are good to go Wink
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love that Mo deal. I'd rather have AP than Charles tbh though.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Not bad. Better than "let's sign Revis to a 2 year, $24m deal, kick the tires, the Patriots did it" and "DeMarcus Ware would solve our pass rush issues -- 3 years, $21m should get it done."

These are solid signings but Claiborne would surprise me. House makes more sense. Plus two draft picks.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Not bad. Better than "let's sign Revis to a 2 year, $24m deal, kick the tires, the Patriots did it" and "DeMarcus Ware would solve our pass rush issues -- 3 years, $21m should get it done."

These are solid signings but Claiborne would surprise me. House makes more sense. Plus two draft picks.

Again, just tried to vary things up a little. I think House is more likely than Claiborne, but since everyone is on the House return to GB, what fun is that.

Charles would be an intriguing player that would more likely take the incentive deal coming off 2 injury filled seasons. Peterson likely does not.

Adding Claiborne for just the 1 year and adding 2 picks means that Rollins or Randall have the opportunity to be moved to safety while having some players in the pipeline for CB.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Honest thoughts on Claiborne.

I think he might still be out there (at least) partially due to his learning disabilities. He had a 4 on the Wonderlic and it was primarily attributed to his LDs.

Whitt has dyslexia and a young son with dyslexia so he both understands having a LD and how teach individuals that learn differently. Not to mention he already went through something very similar with Shields.

Last edited by Cadmus on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
NormSizedMidget

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I kinda want to take the shot on Revis too....*hides*
CentralFC

squire12 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Again, just tried to vary things up a little. I think House is more likely than Claiborne, but since everyone is on the House return to GB, what fun is that.

Charles would be an intriguing player that would more likely take the incentive deal coming off 2 injury filled seasons. Peterson likely does not.

Adding Claiborne for just the 1 year and adding 2 picks means that Rollins or Randall have the opportunity to be moved to safety while having some players in the pipeline for CB.

Nope I get the intent and appreciate it.

I would be fine with all the above. Charles for 2/9 would be a solid addition.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

He was SO bad in the Bills vs Jets games I watched and nearly just as terrible in the other ones I saw.

Plus, I wouldn't give him the 8 Million in 2017 that he supposedly needs to justify putting the pads on this season.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I think he might still be out there (at least) partially due to his learning disabilities. He had a 4 on the Wonderlic and it was primarily attributed to his LDs.

Whitt has dyslexia and a young son with dyslexia so he both understands having a LD and how teach individuals that learn differently. Not to mention he already went through something very similar with Shields.

I was just joking about his Wonderlic last night in a totally random topic, that makes some sense honestly. I would have never thought of that, but that's something interesting there.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

He was SO bad in the Bills vs Jets games I watched and nearly just as terrible in the other ones I saw.

Plus, I wouldn't give him the 8 Million in 2017 that he supposedly needs to justify putting the pads on this season.

He looked like he checked out, it was ugly a lot. I'm just being an idiot I'm sure thinking he can resurge some.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I was just joking about his Wonderlic last night in a totally random topic, that makes some sense honestly. I would have never thought of that, but that's something interesting there.

It's why I think it could be a fit.

I only see 3 CBs that I really want to sign here anymore. Claiborne and I'm sure you guys already know the other two. Laughing
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 6th round Josh Dobbs pick, swap out a DL prospect as insurance for Guion being on a suspension for 4 games and potentially being in the doghouse.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

He looked like he checked out, it was ugly a lot. I'm just being an idiot I'm sure thinking he can resurge some.

Do you want to give him 8 Million in 2017 to see if he can play? Seems like a lot to take a chance on an older Revis when you could probably sign any of the CBs left for less.

That offset language in his contract for 6 Million is really going to screw him over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: