Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 offensive line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
This should inspire some confidence

Vance Joseph talking about Donald Stephenson
Quote:
He helps because he is an athletic guy who has played some left tackle in the past. Maybe in a new system and maybe a new coach, he can go out at left and play for us. No one knows yet...Hes a guy that when you watch his tape, he does flash great ability. That is at left tackle. That is the basketball footwork type of guy. Hes got those skills to play left tackle.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/14/vance-joseph-broncos-left-tackle-hole/

This would give me a heart attack

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
jolly red giant wrote:
This should inspire some confidence

Vance Joseph talking about Donald Stephenson
Quote:
He helps because he is an athletic guy who has played some left tackle in the past. Maybe in a new system and maybe a new coach, he can go out at left and play for us. No one knows yet...Hes a guy that when you watch his tape, he does flash great ability. That is at left tackle. That is the basketball footwork type of guy. Hes got those skills to play left tackle.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/14/vance-joseph-broncos-left-tackle-hole/

This would give me a heart attack

Joseph clearly didn't learn anything after watching the Blind Side.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw another Joe Thomas rumor today. He is 32 years old, and I am not so sure he is motivated to play for a terrible organization much longer. He may retire soon, which actually helps us. I would be open to trading a 2nd rounder this year and potentially a mid rounder next year. The Browns are in rebuild mode and another early pick could give them a lot of option. This also gives us complete freedom in the draft, and we have a decent starting 5.

Thomas-Leary-Paradis-Garcia-Watson
Swing: Stephenson, Schofield
Counselor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
Saw another Joe Thomas rumor today. He is 32 years old, and I am not so sure he is motivated to play for a terrible organization much longer. He may retire soon, which actually helps us. I would be open to trading a 2nd rounder this year and potentially a mid rounder next year. The Browns are in rebuild mode and another early pick could give them a lot of option. This also gives us complete freedom in the draft, and we have a decent starting 5.

This team isn't winning the super bowl the next two years. I'd wouldn't trade more than a 4th. We need that 2nd rounder

48 1/2ers wrote:

thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

This team isn't winning the super bowl the next two years. I'd wouldn't trade more than a 4th. We need that 2nd rounder

Idk about all of that I agree with you that I wouldn't trade a second for Thomas and a future mid round pick. But, the draft picks who were picked to play right awayin Simmons, Parks, Dixon, and Janovich really stepped in and worked wonders.

Now if Lynch develops year 2 and McGovern Im not sure how this,team can't compete. Especially being a team who historically matches up well with,New England hell they held them to 16 points last season with a terrible offense.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 draft picks aren't going to make the team it's that simple.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
6 or 7 at the most.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
6 or 7 at the most.

Not to mention it gives us complete freedom in the draft. At this very moment we don't have a LT, which means come draft day we will be leaning towards the likes of Bolles and Robinson. Not willing to take that risk. Trade a 2nd, he is still top 3 LT in the league and also huge leadership presence will be added to the offense that we are so lacking. If Thomas can give us 3 good years I would call it a victory.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus all of Elway's bust come in the 2nd round, so lets take out that possibility Laughing
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
6 or 7 at the most.

Not to mention it gives us complete freedom in the draft. At this very moment we don't have a LT, which means come draft day we will be leaning towards the likes of Bolles and Robinson. Not willing to take that risk. Trade a 2nd, he is still top 3 LT in the league and also huge leadership presence will be added to the offense that we are so lacking. If Thomas can give us 3 good years I would call it a victory.

As others mentioned, I doubt CLE is looking to deal Thomas anymore. They were definitely looking that way before this offseason - but the way OL has become valued, it looks like they've decided to invest there instead. They just went heavy to get their OL upgraded with Zeitler at G, Tretter at C, and locked up Bitonio - it really seems far-fetched that Thomas is going to be traded away now. Frankly, CLE is doing it the right way - build the trenches first, true contenders win in the trenches. Even if CLE isn't a contender this year, they're building the core.

SF is a team I'll keep coming back to - not that they are dying to trade Staley, but they're further away from contending, kind of like where CLE was pre-2016. And Staley isn't nearly the same type of talent that Thomas is. He'd be a lot cheaper pick wise - and once we're at Rd 4+, the bust potential overall goes way up, so it's a pretty palatable price to pay for a 2-year rental (which is realistically what you are getting best-case with anyone in their age 32+ season). Obviously I'd rather have Thomas, but it seems CLE is locking up OL, not giving it away, and Staley would be significantly cheaper...so you get where I'm going here.

Dealing away a 4th round pick+ for Staley is definitely a possibility - but I think that type of deal only becomes possible as SF locks up a T of the future in the draft, like a Garcia/Dawkins/Davenport. You see SF draft one of those guys in Rd 2-4, I think the likelihood of a SF trade goes way up on Draft day (SF is on the clock Rd 3, sees the T they want is there, and then calls DEN up and asks about Staley-Rd 4 pick, that type of scenario). But it also means waiting until we get to Draft Day, unless we overpay - which I'm never for. That's a pretty scary scenario, because it could also go poof, if all the guys SF wants suddenly get taken before SF picks. But I think with how T-scarce the league is, we're basically in wait mode for a true LT until Draft Day at the earliest - but then vet LT's may become more available if we see LT's of the future drafted accordingly by rebuilders like the scenario above.

In the meantime, I'd definitely go BF2010's direction and see how much King Dunlap costs - again, not that I think he's the answer - but I think he'd already be a better fit as our 3rd T than Stephenson would be. If he only costs, say 3M, remember we'd save 2M this year (and eat the 1M 2018 signing bonus next year) by cutting Stephenson. Obviously, we don't cut Stephenson without more T help. Now, if Dunlap is insanely priced for a swing T, too much. But Elway should at least be inquiring - and by Renck's account last week, apparently he was. If nothing else, Dunlap-Watson as starters and Stephenson as swing T can be our outside position to LT sellers so we don't get leveraged into overpaying, and our fallback if no viable LT trade scenarios open up.
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't see Cleveland trading Joe Thomas. As BF pointed out they have invested in that oline a lot of cash. This is a tough position to be in when your glaring number one weakness has not been filled in FA, the talent there has dried up and it is arguably the weakest position in the draft.

48 1/2ers wrote:

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to trade for Joe Thomas but I think the price would be too high, even if Cleveland was willing to deal him. I heard somewhere that last year when we talked to them about it they wanted our first round pick and Shaq Barrett.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

Idk about all of that I agree with you that I wouldn't trade a second for Thomas and a future mid round pick. But, the draft picks who were picked to play right awayin Simmons, Parks, Dixon, and Janovich really stepped in and worked wonders.

Now if Lynch develops year 2 and McGovern Im not sure how this,team can't compete. Especially being a team who historically matches up well with,New England hell they held them to 16 points last season with a terrible offense.

I agree, bestever. People are getting too caught up in the QB. Gil Whiteley basically said on his show a few days ago that the Broncos aren't contenders without Romo. That is hogwash.

Also, while NE improved their O with Cooks, I think that Bennett was better than Allen, and their O-line may regress. Plus, their defense was a smoke and mirror unit that didn't improve. They did allow the least points, but they played against a lot of bad and/or inexperienced QB's last year (Brock, Goff, Siemian, Petty, Copernicus, etc....). Their SB win was a fluke.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

I agree, bestever. People are getting too caught up in the QB. Gil Whiteley basically said on his show a few days ago that the Broncos aren't contenders without Romo. That is hogwash.

Also, while NE improved their O with Cooks, I think that Bennett was better than Allen, and their O-line may regress. Plus, their defense was a smoke and mirror unit that didn't improve. They did allow the least points, but they played against a lot of bad and/or inexperienced QB's last year (Brock, Goff, Siemian, Petty, Copernicus, etc....). Their SB win was a fluke.

The idea that Denver needs a QB is basically something the broader NFL media blabbers to "educate" the average fan. Most people see that Denver had Manning and won a SB (despite how awful he p[layed) and now they don't have Manning and missed the playoffs, so obviously QB is the issue. It's grossly oversimplifying the problems this team has.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

The idea that Denver needs a QB is basically something the broader NFL media blabbers to "educate" the average fan. Most people see that Denver had Manning and won a SB (despite how awful he p[layed) and now they don't have Manning and missed the playoffs, so obviously QB is the issue. It's grossly oversimplifying the problems this team has.

No kidding.

I keep hearing the national media and even some of the local media say that the Broncos are "a QB away from the Super Bowl" when it is very clear to anyone who pays attention that we are not. I don't know why it is such a hard concept for people who get paid to follow this team and this sport to recognize.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: