Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 offensive line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gt a bad feeling we will roll with Sambrillo and Stephens at left tackle.

I just think Elway thinks with a full off season in the conditioning and strength prpgram Ty will be successful.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I gt a bad feeling we will roll with Sambrillo and Stephens at left tackle.

I just think Elway thinks with a full off season in the conditioning and strength program Ty will be successful.

It's one thing for Elway to hope for that. To bank on that? That's a huuuuuuuuuuge leap of faith.

The problem is in a finesse Kubiak scheme Sambrailo didn't look fast enough to play T, and wasn't strong enough to play G. The dreaded "tweener".

In a power scheme....man, that's a huge leap of faith. I don't know how he bridges such a huge strength gap with offseason conditioning...without "enhancements". And even then...iffy.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on our current circumstance, this wld be my ideal O Line, one that is reasonably still possible but more wish than real at this point.

Staley.......Leary..........Paradis.........Schofield......Watson
Rookie.......McGovern...........Garcia.............Stevenson/Sambrailo/Rookie
...........................Ferentz/Rookie............................
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF2010 called this one, but one door has opened for LT we should definitely explore - Chargers are releasing King Dunlap with Okung signed at LT.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/841342988022353920

He's not even a top 10 LT, PFF-ranked 53rd out of all the 78 ranked T's. Why should we be interested?

1. He's a very good fit for the power scheme, but his big issue, like Watson, has been health. He's missed a bunch of games, and the risk is certainly not small.

2. Being a Charger, he knows McCoy's scheme. That's a big plus when you have a new O scheme to bring in.

3. Being Captain Obvious here, we don't have any options at LT we are remotely comfortable with.

It's not even close to a perfect solution...but man, it's also better than the status quo, and unlike the LT trade market, also doesn't cost a pick. Hopefully this would work out half as well as PHI & Evan Mathis 2015.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we need to bring him in on a 1 year deal. Even if he cant win a starting spot, he would be a huge swing OT upgrade over Ty and Donald IMO, and a way better MBS fit than either. And a familiarity with McCoy is just all the sweeter.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Yep, we need to bring him in on a 1 year deal. Even if he cant win a starting spot, he would be a huge swing OT upgrade over Ty and Donald IMO, and a way better MBS fit than either. And a familiarity with McCoy is just all the sweeter.

You know what sucks? If Chargers announced this yesterday, or Fri/Sat (after signing Okung) I wonder if Elway would have restructured with Stephenson. A big reason why Stephenson didn't get cut to save the 4M is that we only would have had Watson as RT and LT as a stretch, and backup guy who were disasters last year (Sambrailo). If Chargers cut Dunlap earlier, you have to wonder if Elway wouldn't have just cut bait and saved the entire 4M. We'll never know....

Either way, if we can bring him in for a 2-3M deal with incentives, at the very worst it would give us leverage to not get overpriced if we really wanted a bigger LT upgrade. In an ideal world, Dunlap would be a swing LT/RT, behind Watson (given Watson's injury risk is sky-high, like Dunlap) and whoever we find at LT. If you sign him at 2-3M plus incentives, then you can justify him as a swing 3rd T, as well. When he plays, he'd be an upgrade on Sambrailo/Stephenson last year (but that's not saying much, I get it, which is why a LT trade could still be in the works even if we get him - just wouldn't be forced to pay a king's ransom if we had a real LT in the fold, even if he's risky and declining...hopefully cheap lol).
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll get someone in the draft. It might not be at #20 but they will take a OT at some point along the way.

Now, the national media will "project" ad nauseum in their "mock drafts" - which are little more than click bait and often qualify as outright fake news (CBS thinking we're still coached by Gary Kubiak, whoops!) - us taking one of the OTs at #20. The truth is that I don't think I have ever seen one of these disseminators of fake news correctly predict our pick. Who had us taking Roby? What about Sly? Or Wolfe? Or trading up the last two years for Lynch or Ray?

The truth is that Elway will take whomever is the best player on our board when we go on clock. If someone we have rated highly, like we did with Shane Ray, falls further than they expect I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us move up given the excess of picks we hold.

My hope is we move up for a offensive play-maker like Christian McCaffery or OJ Howard, someone that Mike McCoy - the greatest, most creative, innovative and revolutionary offensive coordinator in the history of the world - can make use of on the offensive side of the ball.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
They'll get someone in the draft. It might not be at #20 but they will take a OT at some point along the way.

Now, the national media will "project" ad nauseum in their "mock drafts" - which are little more than click bait and often qualify as outright fake news (CBS thinking we're still coached by Gary Kubiak, whoops!) - us taking one of the OTs at #20. The truth is that I don't think I have ever seen one of these disseminators of fake news correctly predict our pick. Who had us taking Roby? What about Sly? Or Wolfe? Or trading up the last two years for Lynch or Ray?

The truth is that Elway will take whomever is the best player on our board when we go on clock. If someone we have rated highly, like we did with Shane Ray, falls further than they expect I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us move up given the excess of picks we hold.

My hope is we move up for a offensive play-maker like Christian McCaffery or OJ Howard, someone that Mike McCoy - the greatest, most creative, innovative and revolutionary offensive coordinator in the history of the world - can make use of on the offensive side of the ball.

To be fair, no mock draft can ever be perfect, but some are better than others. While it's true they have gotten Denver wrong, I would say there was a ton of speculation about Denver/Paxton. Most of our other picks were guys falling who we snagged, or we traded down to grab. I'm not going to fault someone for not accurately predicting we would trade down and draft Derek Wolfe, but I do get your point.

Daniel Jeremiah is a good mocker, the rest, meh. Sometimes CBS is good, depending on who it is. I will say, the OL narrative seems to be dying off. I've seen McCaffrey more and more. For what it's worth- Tony Pauline who I really think does a good job has frequently mentioned how interested Denver is in McCaffrey

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

To be fair, no mock draft can ever be perfect, but some are better than others. While it's true they have gotten Denver wrong, I would say there was a ton of speculation about Denver/Paxton. Most of our other picks were guys falling who we snagged, or we traded down to grab. I'm not going to fault someone for not accurately predicting we would trade down and draft Derek Wolfe, but I do get your point.

Daniel Jeremiah is a good mocker, the rest, meh. Sometimes CBS is good, depending on who it is. I will say, the OL narrative seems to be dying off. I've seen McCaffrey more and more. For what it's worth- Tony Pauline who I really think does a good job has frequently mentioned how interested Denver is in McCaffrey

Yeah, Cian Fahey, who I really like, predicted Denver was gonna take paxton. It's a pretty good article btw although he's not super high on him -

http://presnapreads.com/2016/04/19/paxton-lynch-will-be-victim-of-irrational-quarterback-market-during-2016-nfl-draft/

team rammy

broncofan48

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I really think Denver ends up with McCaffrey. Elite measurables aside, there is a little bit of nepotism involved as well. I could see Denver trading back a little bit, which earlier I had derided as a bad idea, to get McCaffrey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snark aside, I do think McCaffery is a real option for us at #20. As much as we might need an OT I do not think Elway will draft for need, especially in the first round, if we have other players more highly rated.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to McCaffery at #20, but I think there is a good chance we could trade down in R1 and still snag him.

After 20, you have DET, MIA, NYG, OAK, HOU, SEA. I don't see any of them drafting a RB sans maybe NYG who seem to always throw R1 curve balls.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always agree with overall BPA philosophy. I would point out if we think an interior OL is true BPA we shouldn't pass. I'm specifically referring to Forrest Lamp as a Pro Bowl ceiling G. Like DeCastro / Zach Martin Rd 1 value.

Before ppl point out we took Leary consider this:

1. Schofield is a UFA after this year he's great to have cheap but not someone to invest FA $ at.
2. Garcia & McGovern are no locks to success at G. We hope so but we don't know at all.
3. Leary should be a fixture but reality is our 4-year deal is a 2-year deal. O guaranteed $ and only 1.75m in dead money after 2018 (signing bonus money left over last 2 years). At his age/mileage banking on 2017-18 only is very smart.
4. Lamp has played T so RT an option.

Again I'm not advocating reaching. But I have Lamp at 14-15 ahead of McCaffrey. I'm not saying Elway will have it the same way but more if BPA is an interior OL it wouldn't surprise me.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
I always agree with overall BPA philosophy. I would point out if we think an interior OL is true BPA we shouldn't pass. I'm specifically referring to Forrest Lamp as a Pro Bowl ceiling G. Like DeCastro / Zach Martin Rd 1 value.

Before ppl point out we took Leary consider this:

1. Schofield is a UFA after this year he's great to have cheap but not someone to invest FA $ at.
2. Garcia & McGovern are no locks to success at G. We hope so but we don't know at all.
3. Leary should be a fixture but reality is our 4-year deal is a 2-year deal. O guaranteed $ and only 1.75m in dead money after 2018 (signing bonus money left over last 2 years). At his age/mileage banking on 2017-18 only is very smart.
4. Lamp has played T so RT an option.

Again I'm not advocating reaching. But I have Lamp at 14-15 ahead of McCaffrey. I'm not saying Elway will have it the same way but more if BPA is an interior OL it wouldn't surprise me.

You can never have too many bodies for the battle in the trenches - always try to improve and the best way is through the draft.

Unfortunately the drafting of OL by Elway has been less than stellar - hopefully the shift to a power scheme and the new coaching staff will make it more hit than miss.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I see Lamp as a near cant miss prospect. I think he would easily be the better player at #20 than McCaffrey, who I like but see as more of a supercharged Danny Woodhead / Darren Sproles than a bellcow. A good coaching staff can get a ton out of McCaffrey, but Lamp is a near clone of Zach Martin / Justin Pugh.

I don't think its insane to envision both. I don't buy that three RB's go top 20 this year. We could trade down from 20 to 27 - 32 and take whichever top 4 OL is left (Lamp / Robinson / Bolles / Ramczyk) then trade up from 51 and snag McCaffrey.

I think CLE would think long and hard about 33 for 51, our R4 and our 2018 R3. They love stockpiling ammo. Snag McCaffrey there and end up with Christian and a top OL prospect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: