You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats acquire WR Brandin Cooks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 7095
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is obviously gone then, but does this mean the end of Amendola in NE?

Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Amendola, Cooks is a great group - but there aren't really enough targets to go round, and that's not even taking Allen, Gronk and White/Lewis into account. Even if Amendola goes, you have to think they're planning on running a lot 3/4 WR sets and dialing back on the multiple TEs.

Is it possible they're planning on moving on from Gronkowski sooner rather than later?
_________________
Adopt-a-Pat
2014 - Rob Gronkowski TE: Rec: 82 Yds: 1124 TD: 12
2015 - Rob Ninkovich DE: Tkl: 52 Sck: 6.5 FF: 1 FR: 1 INT: 0 PD: 7
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everlong


Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 76
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Floyd is obviously gone then, but does this mean the end of Amendola in NE?


Amendola is obviously gone unless he signs a very team friendly deal. Sucks because he's clutch in the postseason, but we're set at receivers (especially when factoring in White and Lewis).

Quote:
Is it possible they're planning on moving on from Gronkowski sooner rather than later?


You never know with Belichick, but hopefully not. Gronk is practically untradable; you won't get proper value out of him while he's hurt and you'd be crazy to trade him when he's 100%.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenboyGB


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 10885
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowzers.

Cooks
Hogan
Edelman
Mitchell
Dola
Slater

Thats a pretty good group just at wideout. This group as a whole on offense could be really special. With Edelman being up there in age and this likely being Dolas final season in a Pats uniform its a darn good deal for us.

Now the question turns to what do we do about Butler and Hightower?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im mostly happy Butler is still around actually Laughing

Cooks does a lot of things for us. He makes Dola expendable. He takes heat of off Julian who is turning 31 on the last year of his deal (makes him expendable at years end??), and it allows this team to be more WR focused if Gronk isnt back by week 1.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avicii


Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Posts: 638
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances the Pats deal Edelman (not sure what his contract looks like)? They can restructure Amendolas contract for him to stay. I think the Pats will make a trade to recoup at least another 1st to 3rd round pick back.

Edelman, Garoppolo, Butler, Solder would be the most likely ones to be traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avicii wrote:
What are the chances the Pats deal Edelman (not sure what his contract looks like)? They can restructure Amendolas contract for him to stay. I think the Pats will make a trade to recoup at least another 1st to 3rd round pick back.

Edelman, Garoppolo, Butler, Solder would be the most likely ones to be traded.


Who plays left tackle if Solder is traded? Cannon finally showed himself to be a good right tackle. There are no talented tackles to speak of available in free agency, and this draft is weak at tackle. BB clearly values left tackle, drafting Matt Lights replacement in the first round the year before he retired. I just do not see a Solder trade occurring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naq


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 9785
Location: Westeros
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh Shocked
_________________

Ohio State: 2014-15 National Champions
New England 2014 Super Bowl Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 19112
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam you were already the favourites to win it again. Real nice start to the off season for you guys
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo63


Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 1391
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's like this, if a team wants Butler,bam a first round pick, if a team wants Jimmy bam a first round pick plus lets say a 4th, BB takes the firsts and gains more picks in 2nd and 3rd. It could still be an exciting draft and offseason,.
_________________
Adopt A Patriot: Tre Jackson OG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggbrd


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 702
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
So it's like this, if a team wants Butler,bam a first round pick, if a team wants Jimmy bam a first round pick plus lets say a 4th, BB takes the firsts and gains more picks in 2nd and 3rd. It could still be an exciting draft and offseason,.


This offseason has been plenty exciting already. At this juncture, I would rather keep Butler, Hightower, Garoppolo and the picks we have remaining. If the Browns offer #1 overall, things could change, but that seems extremely unlikely!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggbrd wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
So it's like this, if a team wants Butler,bam a first round pick, if a team wants Jimmy bam a first round pick plus lets say a 4th, BB takes the firsts and gains more picks in 2nd and 3rd. It could still be an exciting draft and offseason,.


This offseason has been plenty exciting already. At this juncture, I would rather keep Butler, Hightower, Garoppolo and the picks we have remaining. If the Browns offer #1 overall, things could change, but that seems extremely unlikely!


I think I agree. I'd devote the remaining cap space to signing Hightower, extending Butler, then bringing in a couple of vets on ring chasing deals (a DE and a power running back).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9221
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medula Amendola wrote:
Also glad Butler isn't involved. Adding Allen and now Cooks to this offense, wow.

Unless they get picks for Jimmy G. the Patriots draft is going to be very boring this year. Laughing


Why? Last year we got Cyrus Jones in the 2nd, and didn't have a 1st.

All our talent,.. Thuney, Mitchell, Brissett, Valentine, Roberts all came in rounds 3-7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9221
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post*

I think if a Jimmy trade is happening to Cleveland, include Amendola. Makes sense for Cleveland, and Jimmy, and New England.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Medula Amendola wrote:
Also glad Butler isn't involved. Adding Allen and now Cooks to this offense, wow.

Unless they get picks for Jimmy G. the Patriots draft is going to be very boring this year. Laughing


Why? Last year we got Cyrus Jones in the 2nd, and didn't have a 1st.

All our talent,.. Thuney, Mitchell, Brissett, Valentine, Roberts all came in rounds 3-7.


There is a difference between unsuccessful and boring. This draft will less interesting for fans, at least on day one for the first half of day 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CP3MVP


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 1821
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All they really need now on offense is a RB. Maybe if you can get an upgrade on the interior offensive line as well.
_________________
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
He went from top ten to not mentioned at all

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group