Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New York Jets sign LT Kelvin Beachum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
A lot of us saw this coming. Good pickup. Let Beachum and Ijalana compete for the job and either draft/develop a tackle or defer it until next year.

EDIT: reports indicate Beachum will likely be the starting LT with Ijalana competing with Shell to be the RT.

If anyone is competing with Ijalana for a starting job, that means we are in trouble cause Ijalana is garbage.

Ijalana will compete with shell for RT. At worst we have 1 good back-up/below ave starter as depth.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great move, shouldn't prevent us from drafting a lineman in the 4th that we want to develop. Excited to see what the numbers look like. I'm a big fan of keeping an OL together so if these young guys can grow together and we continue to take developmental guys in the draft we could have ourselves a good pipeline like Mac wanted. This is the same approach he is going to look and try to do with pass rushers as well, unfortunately that could take a little more time to develop.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome move, I think a lot of us wanted this. Resign Ijalana, add Beachum, and now we just need to draft a LT to groom and the OL will be set.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Awesome move, I think a lot of us wanted this. Resign Ijalana, add Beachum, and now we just need to draft a LT to groom and the OL will be set.

I'd like to add an Elflein in the draft to compete with W. Johnson, but otherwise yeah I am pretty happy with the O line now.

At least we were able to shore up one position of need.

Let's see what else we can do in free agency.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issa deal

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I'd like to add an Elflein in the draft to compete with W. Johnson, but otherwise yeah I am pretty happy with the O line now.

At least we were able to shore up one position of need.

Let's see what else we can do in free agency.

Yup Elflein, Pocic or Orlosky in the mid rounds would make me very happy.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're overhyping this o-line immensely guys. If Beachum returns to Pittsburgh form, it can be very solid, but what if he plays at the level of last year? Wes Johnson and Shell are still question marks as well. I think the potential to be very good is there, but there's also potential for this o-line to be one of the worst in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the range is probably average to above average. Though I remain in favor of drafting OL to proactively find players to develop, I don't believe the line has been an issue and played pretty well last year considering.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I think the range is probably average to above average. Though I remain in favor of drafting OL to proactively find players to develop, I don't believe the line has been an issue and played pretty well last year considering.
PFF had us as the 21st best o-line last year and that was with Mangold playing half a season. He played at a much higher level than Wes. The hope is that Shell and Wes (or a center we draft) continue to develop and Beachum plays at an average level. I'm not saying we're going to be bad, but the potential is there to be as bad or worse than we were last year.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details out.

3yr/24mill
12mill guaranteed
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
I think we're overhyping this o-line immensely guys. If Beachum returns to Pittsburgh form, it can be very solid, but what if he plays at the level of last year? Wes Johnson and Shell are still question marks as well. I think the potential to be very good is there, but there's also potential for this o-line to be one of the worst in the league.

I 100% disagree.

Winters is back
Beachum >> Our current LT
Carpenter- good guard
Wes- only going to get better with experience

Only question mart is RT and neither are that bad.
Is it the cowboys... no. But there is NO way it's going to be one of the worst (barring injuries)
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I haven't seen anyone on here saying that our oline is great.

There's a lot of question marks but positive question marks.

LT: Beachum we know can play at a high level bc he has before.

LG: Carpenter has been good at LG for us.

C: Johnson isn't bad he's just not all pro like Mangold. I still think we address C in domestic for competition for him.

RG: Winters seems to just keep getting better and better.

RT: Shell looked great the games he started last year. Hopefully he can just keep getting better as well.

The key is these guys all gelling together and having good communication and knowing each other tendencies.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Details out.

3yr/24mill
12mill guaranteed

I think this is a great deal. This has the ability to be great value if he can even get close to his pre ACL form.

I think this Oline has the chance to be pretty good. If Shell can be what he was down the stretch last year he is a MASSIVE upgrade over what we had at RT for most of the year. Our OG's are a strength and hopefully Winters continues to improve. Johnson played decent, but you'd think he would continue to improve with more experience, and if they don't have faith in him i am fine with taking a C in the draft. Beachum can hopefully play better further removed from his knee injury, if he does i think we have a top half of the league O line.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I 100% disagree.

Winters is back
Beachum >> Our current LT
Carpenter- good guard
Wes- only going to get better with experience

Only question mart is RT and neither are that bad.
Is it the cowboys... no. But there is NO way it's going to be one of the worst (barring injuries)
Again, graded out as the 21st best in the league. Beachum graded out similar to a clady last year. The hope is that he'll be healthy and better, but it's still a question mark is all I'm saying.

Last edited by barnaby8787 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I haven't seen anyone on here saying that our oline is great.

There's a lot of question marks but positive question marks.

LT: Beachum we know can play at a high level bc he has before.

LG: Carpenter has been good at LG for us.

C: Johnson isn't bad he's just not all pro like Mangold. I still think we address C in domestic for competition for him.

RG: Winters seems to just keep getting better and better.

RT: Shell looked great the games he started last year. Hopefully he can just keep getting better as well.

The key is these guys all gelling together and having good communication and knowing each other tendencies.
But beachum didn't play anywhere near that level last year. Don't get me wrong, it's a good risk to take on the guy, we just don't know what we're going to get out of this line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: