Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New York Jets sign LT Kelvin Beachum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10765
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: New York Jets sign LT Kelvin Beachum Reply with quote

Discuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10765
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of us saw this coming. Good pickup. Let Beachum and Ijalana compete for the job and either draft/develop a tackle or defer it until next year.


EDIT: reports indicate Beachum will likely be the starting LT with Ijalana competing with Shell to be the RT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2064
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so first bit of good news!! 👍
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 2090
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Okay so first bit of good news!! 👍


It sure is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10765
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing about Beachum is his age. Only 27 (28 in June). He should be a serviceable LT now that he's over a year removed from his ACL. The numbers will be interesting; a long-term deal says they feel confident in him being a multi-year LT, options will indicate "prove-it" deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2064
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
The good thing about Beachum is his age. Only 27 (28 in June). He should be a serviceable LT now that he's over a year removed from his ACL. The numbers will be interesting; a long-term deal says they feel confident in him being a multi-year LT, options will indicate "prove-it" deal.


Yeah before last year (1st after the ACL) he was graded as the 5th best LT according to PFF
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
famousj


Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 2639
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice signing as long as Beachum recovers fully from his ACL injury and return to pre-2016 form. A plan is beginning to form for the Maccagnan/Bowles regime. It is still real early in free agency. Plenty of work remaining to do.
_________________
Jet draft targets: TE OJ Howard, CB Gareon Conley, LB Derek Rivers, WR Chris Godwin
http://fanspeak.com/ugm/share.php?d=auulor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8606
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this is nothing more than a 1 year prove it deal.

Very glad we finally addressed a position of need though.

LT: Beachum
LG: carpenter
C: Johnson or a mid round rookie
RG: Winters
RT: Shell

That's actually not a bad oline. Not great but not bad either. I'd say slightly above average but with some youth that should only get better with time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetfuel


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1863
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Hope this is nothing more than a 1 year prove it deal.

Very glad we finally addressed a position of need though.

LT: Beachum
LG: carpenter
C: Johnson or a mid round rookie
RG: Winters
RT: Shell

That's actually not a bad oline. Not great but not bad either. I'd say slightly above average but with some youth that should only get better with time.


I agree the Beachum pick up is okay. He graded out as one of the worse LT last year. On the other hand he is coming off an ACL. I hope he is a top 10 LT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 9680
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this Oline. Really excited about seeing how the right side looks with Shell fulltime.
_________________

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10765
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I like this Oline. Really excited about seeing how the right side looks with Shell fulltime.


One of the best things about it: the oldest player in our OL unit is James Carpenter. Turns 28 March 22. After him is Beachum (28 in June) and Ijalana (28 in August).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 9680
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I like this Oline. Really excited about seeing how the right side looks with Shell fulltime.


One of the best things about it: the oldest player in our OL unit is James Carpenter. Turns 28 March 22. After him is Beachum (28 in June) and Ijalana (28 in August).


Right, they can all improve. Interested in the contract terms.
_________________

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyu


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 387
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it's a 2 or 3 year deal with the 1st year GTD.
_________________
J.e.t.s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2728
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we signed him but I still hope we take a developmental guy like Leamon or Ugokwe in the late rounds. Beachum is only 6'2" which is not the prototypical size for a LT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 4302
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
A lot of us saw this coming. Good pickup. Let Beachum and Ijalana compete for the job and either draft/develop a tackle or defer it until next year.


EDIT: reports indicate Beachum will likely be the starting LT with Ijalana competing with Shell to be the RT.



If anyone is competing with Ijalana for a starting job, that means we are in trouble cause Ijalana is garbage.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group