You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Multiple signings - TWill - N. Carroll - S. Paea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 37656
Location: Somewhere in the middle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Cowboy/Ware reunion

Quote:
@Edwerderespn 1h1 hour ago
More
Ed Werder Retweeted Joe DeMayo
Some mutual interest. See how much in time

_________________

^^^El Rammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
resilient


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 4683
Location: where old school ballers go to die
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Re: Cowboy/Ware reunion

Quote:
@Edwerderespn 1h1 hour ago
More
Ed Werder Retweeted Joe DeMayo
Some mutual interest. See how much in time


would Love Ware back, but still need to draft a DE very high.
_________________
it's not the SKILL of a man, but the WILL of a man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWill did us a solid. He was apparently being courted by a few different teams, then ends up signing a super cheap deal with us and tweets the word "loyalty." This is a product of drafting well and signing in house FAs. Occasionally you get a RKG to give you a home town discount. TWill isn't BMarshall or AJeffery, but he's a Kenny Stills type talent that just signed up to be here for 4 more years, and passed up millions to do it. Probably isn't going to get another shot at big FA money either.

I know he isn't well liked, but ... he averaged 700 yards and 5 TDs a year, and he's a true Dallas Cowboy. We aren't in dire need at WR anymore as we have the exact same group that went 13-3 returning. 1 step closer to BPA in the draft.

Amazing that we signed all these guys without having to cut Romo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BloodOps


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 2373
Location: Long Island
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love having T-Will back at that price.

he's making some good guaranteed money and stays at home. A little bit of loyalty by these role players is nice to see.

I've been hard on him, especially the past 2 years but for that price, I'd take him back in a second, a terrific blocker and a good teammate. Now if he would just catch with his hands once in a while.



The other guys are just fillers, not liking the Carrol signing much but still hoping either Mo or Carr come back.
_________________
PSN: BloodOps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5x10


Joined: 04 May 2016
Posts: 210
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T will is underrated IMO
Fantastic blocker, can turn a slant into a homerun, etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 5418
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
Northland wrote:
It's all for not anyway. Barring a rash of injuries the Pats are winning again next year. I like the moves they've made. Cooks, Gilmore, Ealy. They've added good young talent. Gronk will be back. Thanks for coming out rest of the league.


And they traded a 7th for Dwayne Allen. He's going to kill it there. I bet he has 10 TD next year.


I'm not trying to be pessimistic I'm just really impressed with what the Patriots have done.


Cowboys v. Pats Super Bowl, Dak & Zeke upset the Pats chances at a 6th Super Bowl ruining Brady and BB's retirement party and usher in another Cowboy dynasty.


Anything is possible. We need a consistent pass rush. Has to be addressed this off season. If we do that we are a serious contender. If we don't it will be more of the same. I'm not a Pats fan far from it but I really like their moves so far. Just being objective.
_________________
Northland

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6930
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the TWill signing. Solid #2 WR for #3 price

I think Paea will do really well as a 1T here. He has struggled the last two years because teams tried to move him to 3-4 DE. When he last played as a 1T he was strong under Marinelli.

Carroll is quite similar to Carr in a lot of ways, but faster. Emmanuel Acho tweeted quite positively about Carroll and the signing, FWIW, saying Carroll was also the fastest player on the eagles defense.

But the more important thing is that $3.3m a year for a guy who is a 4 year starter at CB is chump change. There's reliable word that Dallas is not out on Carr yet, and Claiborne is finding a pretty dry market, so either of them may yet come back. Plus expect Dallas to expend draft capital on CB and S. He's here for depth only, and for depth, he's great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 5418
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Love the TWill signing. Solid #2 WR for #3 price

I think Paea will do really well as a 1T here. He has struggled the last two years because teams tried to move him to 3-4 DE. When he last played as a 1T he was strong under Marinelli.

Carroll is quite similar to Carr in a lot of ways, but faster. Emmanuel Acho tweeted quite positively about Carroll and the signing, FWIW, saying Carroll was also the fastest player on the eagles defense.

But the more important thing is that $3.3m a year for a guy who is a 4 year starter at CB is chump change. There's reliable word that Dallas is not out on Carr yet, and Claiborne is finding a pretty dry market, so either of them may yet come back. Plus expect Dallas to expend draft capital on CB and S. He's here for depth only, and for depth, he's great.


I was quite surprised that we resigned Williams. Can't complain about the contract. He has similar production to Stills over the past two seasons yet we got Williams for what half the price? I'll take that deal.

Paea will be a nice replacement for McClain. I liked McClain but I like Paea more at 3 million a season cheaper, I think? I'll take that deal every day of the week.

Carroll I'm not so sold on. Think he's just a guy. I think his signing means Carr and/or Claiborne is gone. I'd like to bring Mo back. If he can stay healthy, and that's a big if given his history, he will be solid.

It's a deep draft class for DB's and pass rushers. Assuming we stay at 28 I won't be surprised if we go DB given the deep class.
_________________
Northland

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Peppers going back to the Panthers, I wonder if Ware will come home too. It's in right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really really impressed with the Williams deal, even 12 hours later. That was a screaming contract.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
Northland wrote:
It's all for not anyway. Barring a rash of injuries the Pats are winning again next year. I like the moves they've made. Cooks, Gilmore, Ealy. They've added good young talent. Gronk will be back. Thanks for coming out rest of the league.


And they traded a 7th for Dwayne Allen. He's going to kill it there. I bet he has 10 TD next year.


I'm not trying to be pessimistic I'm just really impressed with what the Patriots have done.


Psst - imma tell you a secret. Brady has weak knees. You know what to do.
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 5418
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
Northland wrote:
It's all for not anyway. Barring a rash of injuries the Pats are winning again next year. I like the moves they've made. Cooks, Gilmore, Ealy. They've added good young talent. Gronk will be back. Thanks for coming out rest of the league.


And they traded a 7th for Dwayne Allen. He's going to kill it there. I bet he has 10 TD next year.


I'm not trying to be pessimistic I'm just really impressed with what the Patriots have done.


Psst - imma tell you a secret. Brady has weak knees. You know what to do.


I'm on the case. Harding/Kerrigan 2.0 coming up.
_________________
Northland

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JShank


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 734
Location: Palm Beach County FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only spend backup type money, and get backup type players... that is our new MO for FA.

At least feeling our NEEDS this way, allows us to go in the draft and pick BPA.

Which is what we have been doing, and we have been drafting better than any one else in the league.

The next move will be to grab a back-up RT and, and back-up safety...

Maybe, a big move with a Ryan Clady, 1-yr prove it deal...
Then grab a Bradley McDougald or some other backup type safety.

Next, enter draft ready and able to pick just about ANY position, with BPA as the only need.
_________________
Go Cowboys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysFan96


Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 51
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have to either bring back Mo Claiborne, or Carr. (I want both back)

Needs in order of importance: RT, DE, CB, SS

TBH- I'm not as worried about the line if Collins can swing to RT. The guard position will be easier to fill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 2133
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
We only spend backup type money, and get backup type players... that is our new MO for FA.

At least feeling our NEEDS this way, allows us to go in the draft and pick BPA.

Which is what we have been doing, and we have been drafting better than any one else in the league.

The next move will be to grab a back-up RT and, and back-up safety...

Maybe, a big move with a Ryan Clady, 1-yr prove it deal...
Then grab a Bradley McDougald or some other backup type safety.

Next, enter draft ready and able to pick just about ANY position, with BPA as the only need.


I swear to baby Jesus if you guys draft someone like Forrest Lamp (who is basically the next Zack Martin) and then kick Collins out to RT and have an even younger monster OL than you had last year I may cry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group