Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:

You've got a point, but he just turned 29. I think he can play high level football for at least a few more seasons. One not so super athlete that played pretty well for us into his early 30's was Tramon Williams .. smart, heady pro who kept himself in top shape. I don't think he was even close to the level of player that Sherman is. I think Sherman is a good gamble ... might put us over the top this next season. I want to see TT go for it a little more.

Alright, I think I've made my point, but I think we can both agree that Williams only played well up to 30 and not really beyond it.

He was already tailing off in 2014 (31), wasn't good in 2015 (32) , and then got moved to safety because he was so bad at corner in 2016 (33).

Also, the 1.60 split from Sherman matters as well. That's typically a death sentence for 30 y/o CBs.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

You've got a point, but he just turned 29. I think he can play high level football for at least a few more seasons. One not so super athlete that played pretty well for us into his early 30's was Tramon Williams .. smart, heady pro who kept himself in top shape. I don't think he was even close to the level of player that Sherman is. I think Sherman is a good gamble ... might put us over the top this next season. I want to see TT go for it a little more.

Alright, I think I've made my point, but I think we can both agree that Williams only played well up to 30 and not really beyond it.

He was already tailing off in 2014 (31), wasn't good in 2015 (32) , and then got moved to safety because he was so bad at corner in 2016 (33).

Also, the 1.60 split from Sherman matters as well. That's typically a death sentence for 30 y/o CBs.

Aqib Talib is 31 and still playing good football. I'm sure there's several others that were able to find a way to be productive paat 30 with mediocre speed.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
I have a buddy that's a Seahawks fan that told me he thinks Sherman only has 2-3 more years left in the NFL....In September.

It's a person I trust, and I tend to agree. It's like I said for Trumaine Johnsons (btw, why do you think the Rams don't want to commit long-term money to him?) once he loses a step he's done.

Elite length doesn't age well, elite speed does.

Sorry, but how does his game age poorer than say Al Harris?

He was a better athlete than Sherman when he entered the NFL?

What did Sherman run at the Combine, a 4.6?

His savvy, smarts, and instincts are off the chart.

None of that means a CB will age well. Go ahead and find me a CB that aged well past 30 that didn't run in the 4.4s or lower.

Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Terrance Newman, Jonathan Joseph, what do they all have in common?

???

Tramon fell off a cliff after his age 30 season and was/has been terrible ever since.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
I have a buddy that's a Seahawks fan that told me he thinks Sherman only has 2-3 more years left in the NFL....In September.

It's a person I trust, and I tend to agree. It's like I said for Trumaine Johnsons (btw, why do you think the Rams don't want to commit long-term money to him?) once he loses a step he's done.

Elite length doesn't age well, elite speed does.

Sorry, but how does his game age poorer than say Al Harris?

He was a better athlete than Sherman when he entered the NFL?

What did Sherman run at the Combine, a 4.6?

His savvy, smarts, and instincts are off the chart.

None of that means a CB will age well. Go ahead and find me a CB that aged well past 30 that didn't run in the 4.4s or lower.

Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Terrance Newman, Jonathan Joseph, what do they all have in common?

???

Tramon fell off a cliff after his age 30 season and was/has been terrible ever since.
yeah, I do recall his age 31 season being shaky. He was still playing well at 29 and 30. Sherman turned 29 a week ago.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Aqib Talib is 31 and still playing good football. I'm sure there's several others that were able to find a way to be productive paat 30 with mediocre speed.

Aqib Talib 4.4s and a 1.51/1.47 splits. Same story.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Talib wasn't a mediocre speed guy though...
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Talib ran a poor 40 that year .. mid 4.5's?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

There's also the fact Sherman had to get off the stuff after hours close call lol
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:

I didn't look but that dude was a fast corner when he was young.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think we have to worry about the Packers trying to acquire to Sherman anyway .. they more than likely wouldn't show any interest if he was 26 and ran a 4.4 40.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:

4.44/1.51 Combine

4.42/1.47 Pro Day
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

4.44/1.51 Combine

4.42/1.47 Pro Day

Definitely faster than I recall .. bad comparison on my part apparently Smile
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay .. we've discussed Sherman .. consensus says to stay away.

Next!

How about Jahri Evans to fill our RG spot? He's old at 33, but is coming off another strong season. He's a 6 time pro bowl guard.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Okay .. we've discussed Sherman .. consensus says to stay away.

Next!

How about Jahri Evans to fill our RG spot? He's old at 33, but is coming off another strong season. He's a 6 time pro bowl guard.

No.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

4.44/1.51 Combine

4.42/1.47 Pro Day

Definitely faster than I recall .. bad comparison on my part apparently Smile

No worries.

I've actually been trying to find anyone that can support a 30+ y/o Sherman at an elite level in the NFL theory and I haven't been able to find one. That 1.60 split is really a huge killer.

Let me know if you think of someone.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: