Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49451
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Good post. Agree with most everything you said. I think it's increasingly unlikely we go CB-CB. We have to take one but now I'm doubting we double down. We need to invest our resources elsewhere.


Agreed. I think it's highly unlikely we double dip that early. I do think we double dip, but not in that way. We're probably looking at a first or second invested in a boundary corner, and then probably a Day 3 pick into a CB/S tweener.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74851
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Good post. Agree with most everything you said. I think it's increasingly unlikely we go CB-CB. We have to take one but now I'm doubting we double down. We need to invest our resources elsewhere.


Agreed. I think it's highly unlikely we double dip that early. I do think we double dip, but not in that way. We're probably looking at a first or second invested in a boundary corner, and then probably a Day 3 pick into a CB/S tweener.
Not really a CB/S tweener but Nate Hairston of Temple would be a great late day 3 pick or priority UDFA. Brian Allen from Utah is another one (definitely in the CB/S mold) but he probably goes late day 2/early day 3. Jeremy Clark from Michigan is another one.

God, I really, really like this DB class.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopackgonerd


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 1283
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Good post. Agree with most everything you said. I think it's increasingly unlikely we go CB-CB. We have to take one but now I'm doubting we double down. We need to invest our resources elsewhere.


Agreed. I think it's highly unlikely we double dip that early. I do think we double dip, but not in that way. We're probably looking at a first or second invested in a boundary corner, and then probably a Day 3 pick into a CB/S tweener.
Yup especially since we signed House, there's no point to overload on CBs that early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14796
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
packfanfb wrote:
Preaching to the choir. Not only needing to replace Peppers' production but Shields as well. Maybe House can be our No. 1?


Considering Shield played in only one game last year, I'd say replacing his production should be easy. All House has to do is be healthy, and he's an upgrade over House. As I said before, we don't need a true #1 corner (although, it'd be nice). We need stability at corner. We had a litany of injuries at the position, and we essentially had to rely on an UDFA (Gunter) as our #1 corner playing against receivers who physically were on another level than him. I'm not sure anyone could do a better job than what Gunter did all things considered. Just by being healthy, and maybe adding another body or two we're in much, much better shape than we were last year.

As for replacing Peppers, his role was already diminishing in Green Bay. He went from being the starting OLB opposite of Clay to essentially what was a pass rushing specialist.


Did you mean to say House is an upgrade over HYDE? Isn't House faster?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packer_ESP


Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Posts: 1121
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Did you mean to say House is an upgrade over HYDE? Isn't House faster?


He meant over Shields since he didn't play at all
_________________
incognito_man wrote:
we should get a 5th down for having richard rodgers on the field
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49451
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Did you mean to say House is an upgrade over HYDE? Isn't House faster?


That was supposed to be Shields. Embarassed
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2342
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet: The #Raiders and TE Jared Cook agreed to terms on a 2-year deal worth up to $12.2M, source said. The first year is fully guaranteed.


https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/842493233871634433


Sounds like the contract is not worth nearly that much without the incentives. As long as it nets Green Bay another 5th in 2018 I don't care.

Do you know what Thompson could do with 12 DPs?

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th

That's enough 4th and 5th Rd picks for Thompson to rebuild the entire OL and then trade Bakhtiari and Bulaga for more DPs. Laughing


I thought Cook was not going to get over $6M per year?

Who was it that was adamant about that?


Me, and I still don't think he did. That report sounds 100% like it came directly from the agent.

I think he ended up between 5 and 5.5 (maybe less) before the incentives are factored in.

Did we count Perry and Bakhtiari's Pro Bowl incentives as part of their contract? No.




In all seriousness though, Cook had 1 job to do and that was to command enough money in a new contract to give us a definitive 5th Rd Compensatory Pick.

He dropped the ball on this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 2753
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Seahawks are open to trading Richard Sherman. - Michael Lombardi, The Ringer
Sherman is nearing 30, and he's owed about $22 million over the next two seasons. He also has said some controversial things that have undoubtedly bothered ownership. The Seahawks might as well trade Sherman while he has great value because that won't last very long. I have Seattle taking a cornerback in the second round of my 2017 NFL Mock Draft. -Walter

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#7ioWoVKqF5Oouby7.99


Not sure how much weight there is to this, probably not much. But would you make that move? Honestly I'm not sure I do for the cost it probably would be. But that solves your CB issue for 2 years. The contract is of value too.

From Forbes too: https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2017/03/20/seattle-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-trading-pro-bowl-cornerback-richard-sherman/#3a4528fa1dd5
_________________
The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4471
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Richard Sherman...

...but not on this team...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 2753
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I really like Richard Sherman...

...but not on this team...


I can see it both ways. Why do you vote no?
_________________
The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MantyWrestler


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 773
Location: Manitowoc, WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as talent, Sherman is a 1st round CB but that contract kills it for me. No more than. a 3rd or 4th from me for him. We'd be doing the Seahawks a favor. Y ridding them of cap space (and filling our own) and allowing them to get younger with a first round CB who should be able to come in and start day one.

Why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4471
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
I really like Richard Sherman...

...but not on this team...


I can see it both ways. Why do you vote no?


Sherman's game is suited for a press coverage vs. a zone coverage. We tend to run a lot more zone than press. Then you're talking about a guy who doesn't give us the speed we need on the boundary. Speedier receivers took Gunter's lunch money last season on a routine basis. If anything, Sherman is a slightly bigger, slightly faster version of Gunter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11819
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
I really like Richard Sherman...

...but not on this team...


I can see it both ways. Why do you vote no?


Sherman's game is suited for a press coverage vs. a zone coverage. We tend to run a lot more zone than press. Then you're talking about a guy who doesn't give us the speed we need on the boundary. Speedier receivers took Gunter's lunch money last season on a routine basis. If anything, Sherman is a slightly bigger, slightly faster version of Gunter.


We don't run more zone than press. We prefer press-man if we have the guys to run it. The reason Hayward left/had a soft market here was his style as a zone cover corner and not as a boundary-man type.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 1197
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Gaffney -

Pats cut, looked great last pre-season and had a great combine...
Great 3rd down back, I know we have that in Monty, but could use 2...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 2753
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
I really like Richard Sherman...

...but not on this team...


I can see it both ways. Why do you vote no?


Sherman's game is suited for a press coverage vs. a zone coverage. We tend to run a lot more zone than press. Then you're talking about a guy who doesn't give us the speed we need on the boundary. Speedier receivers took Gunter's lunch money last season on a routine basis. If anything, Sherman is a slightly bigger, slightly faster version of Gunter.


We don't run more zone than press. We prefer press-man if we have the guys to run it. The reason Hayward left/had a soft market here was his style as a zone cover corner and not as a boundary-man type.


Aren't all our CBs better at press-man? House and Gunter especially. But either Randall was playing VERY hurt last year or he doesn't have zone down yet. Very well could be that he was hurt, but he's always looked better in man.

I don't think we should give up a 1st for Sherman. But let's say it happens. Isn't he probably better than any CB we can draft this year? Stud class but he's still a top 5 CB.
_________________
The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 74 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group