Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrelle Pryor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Random.

Jordan Reed is 6'2" 242 lbs

Terrelle Pryor was 6'4" 232 lbs at his pro day

Pryor is basically a taller fast Jordan Reed. And he's a year younger.
Daddy likely Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was checking out Terrelle Pryor's 40 time and at his pro day when he was still trying to play qb and 10 to 15 pounds heavier he ran a 4.38 forty yard dash, which is only .3 hundredths slower than DeSean Jackson.

My thinking is that Pryor will be DeSean Jackson's replacement as our intermediate to deep receiver (flanker) and Doctson will replace Garçon as the split end and the receiver who is the short to intermediate guy who sometimes goes deep but not usually.

What do others think?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
So, I was checking out Terrelle Pryor's 40 time and at his pro day when he was still trying to play qb and 10 to 15 pounds heavier he ran a 4.38 forty yard dash, which is only .3 hundredths slower than DeSean Jackson.

My thinking is that Pryor will be DeSean Jackson's replacement as our intermediate to deep receiver (flanker) and Doctson will replace Garçon as the split end and the receiver who is the short to intermediate guy who sometimes goes deep but not usually.

What do others think?

You may be on yo something Pryor is a freak athletically and has excellent straight line speed. His explosion and change of direction is not very good for a wide receiver- his three cone was worse than some tight ends. It's going to be interesting to see who he is more like- 2005 QB turned wide receiver Matt Jones or Calvin Johnson.. my prediction- his ceiling is Vincent Jackson which isn't too bad
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What do others think?

You may be on yo something Pryor is a freak athletically and has excellent straight line speed. His explosion and change of direction is not very good for a wide receiver- his three cone was worse than some tight ends. It's going to be interesting to see who he is more like- 2005 QB turned wide receiver Matt Jones or Calvin Johnson.. my prediction - his ceiling is Vincent Jackson which isn't too bad
Considering last year he had a season equivalent to Pierre Garcon's, with the worst qb play in the NFL and it was his first full season as a wide receiver in the NFL, I think he's going to explode with a qb like Cousins throwing him the ball.

Basically, Pryor chose Kirk Cousins and Jay Gruden because he feels they can help him have a great season and then teams - hopefully including us - will be willing to pay him the $10 to $14 million a year on a 5 year deal like he wanted and thought he would get this offseason.

I would say his 3 cone drill was worse than some tight ends when, he was 240 pounds (15 pounds ago) still trying to play qb and not working on WR and WR skills. I don't really hold those numbers against him.

He sure abused Josh Norman in the first half of last year's game vs the Browns in what was just his 1st month being a full time receiver in the NFL.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting Next Gen Stats video on the new Cousins and Pryor connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRE42qUhMo
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Pretty interesting Next Gen Stats video on the new Cousins and Pryor connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRE42qUhMo

Not sure I agree with the voiceover guy's assertion that Washington believes that the receiver makes the quarterback (in the situations described). I think they were looking for wide receiver talent that they could get to bolster the corps while not breaking the bank (and not having to deal with Jeffery's off-field shenanigans).
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Not sure I agree with the voiceover guy's assertion that Washington believes that the receiver makes the quarterback (in the situations described). I think they were looking for wide receiver talent that they could get to bolster the corps while not breaking the bank (and not having to deal with Jeffery's off-field shenanigans).

Yea, but I think there is something to the notion that we have been going after taller/bigger WRs (that are better at winning those 50/50 balls) for a reason. If you look at the average height of the WRs Gruden had in Cincy, they were about the height that we have now. And, from what I recall, Gruden had always been above average in the RZ in Cincy, which I think can be mostly attributed to his tall WRs, since their running game was nothing to write home about either. These moves should really open up Gruden's playbook in the RZ and lead to more success for Cousins on those kind of throws.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Yea, but I think there is something to the notion that we have been going after taller/bigger WRs (that are better at winning those 50/50 balls) for a reason. If you look at the average height of the WRs Gruden had in Cincy, they were about the height that we have now. And, from what I recall, Gruden had always been above average in the RZ in Cincy, which I think can be mostly attributed to his tall WRs, since their running game was nothing to write home about either. These moves should really open up Gruden's playbook in the RZ and lead to more success for Cousins on those kind of throws.

I do think getting bigger receivers than we had isn't a bad thing (I always thought Garcon was closer to 6'2' instead of 6'0"). Just not sure I would say the Redskins believe that they needed Pryor to make Cousins.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

I do think getting bigger receivers than we had isn't a bad thing (I always thought Garcon was closer to 6'2' instead of 6'0"). Just not sure I would say the Redskins believe that they needed Pryor to make Cousins.

Yea, I wasn't really taking that part of the video literally. Just saw it as a sloppy attempt to wrap a bow on the video. I was much more interested in the Next Gen stats that were given.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: