Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrelle Pryor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
It's the same reason Jeffery took the one year deal and guys like Maclin have taken prove it deals in the past.

Maclin was coming off an injury, and Jeffery was coming off a 4 game suspension.

Quote:
We can use Pryor as a bridge player in case Doctson isn't ready to be who we want him to be this year.

So, we'll use Pryor to evaluate Doctson de facto rookie year to know if he's the long term answer? Riiiiiight ....

Quote:
Pryor is going to give us everything he has to prove it one this one year deal or another team that he deserves to be one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL which I can assure you he thinks he can be. It's a win-win for both sides.

If all goes according to plan
For the Redskins, it's a win for a single season.
For Pryor, it's a win for the rest of his career.

That's great long term planning there.

Quote:
I think Pryor is going to blow up with Kirk throwing him the ball and then he will have earned a huge pay day for next season, either from us or someone else and we would have gotten a pro type season out of him which, is wow hung we weren't getting from Garçon or Djax over the past 3 seasons and they are both over 30. This is essentially the reason I wanted to cut Garçon last offseason and not have to pay him $10 million because we could have used that $ on a cheaper, younger and bigger version of Garçon like Marvin Jones or Mohammed Sanu.

Garçon - 16 GP, 16 GS, 79 REC, 1041 YDS, 13.2 YPR, 3 TD
Jones - 15 GP, 15 GS, 55 REC, 930 YDS, 16.9 YPR, 4 TD
Sanu - 15 GP, 15 GS, 59 REC, 653 YDS, 11.1 YPR, 4 TD

Yep, we suffered mightily by keeping Garçon.

Quote:
I'm glad we did what we did now though because Pryor has more God given talent and size than those two guys.

Here's hoping this gamble pays off for us.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
What is not to like about this pickup?

6-4 wideout that is very good and still very raw. If Doctson can get fully healthy we are talking a tandem of wideouts of well over 6 feet tall and a devil of a slot receiver in Crowder. I like very much.

Very Happy

It's a one year deal where the wide receiver can use a top QB (unlike what he had in Cleveland) to burnish his numbers so he can sign long term when the top QB leaves next year (if not sooner)?

Pryor didn't need to take a "prove it" deal. He needed a pit stop where he could show he could be the #1 WR and get paid ... elsewhere.

Well since I am cup full kind of guy, lets say we can get a LTD with KC, then if Pryor balls out we can either sign him to a LTD or tag his [inappropriate/removed]. Its not like we have anyone else to tag. But seriously if he balls out under this offense with Cousins on a LTD he would probably sign again with us.

Barring us making the contract something like 26-28M (which would be overpaying Kirk relative the market), he's not signing here. Even then, I have doubts.

Did you ever wonder why Pryor signed a one year deal here? Partly because he wants to get paid, but I suspect partly because he doesn't believe that Cousins will be here after this year. If he did, he could have asked for a three or four year contract that was voidable after a year, or something.

This is just a mercenary move. I don't fault Pryor for doing it, but I have no illusions that he'll be in burgundy and gold beyond a single season.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have the opportunity for a 3rd round comp pick if Pryor balls out for us Woz. We might need that if Cousins decides to leave next offseason and we start the rebuild all over. That would be two extra picks in the 3rd round of 2019 at least. Maybe lightning strikes and Gallete balls out too. We'd just keep loading up on comp picks. But that's only if we don't spend a large amount in FA to offset those picks. And that's assuming the idiots in the FO know what to do with those picks. Just trying to look on the bright side Laughing .
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
What is not to like about this pickup?

Its one year. What is the point?
That's most likely what Pryor wanted because teams weren't offering him a Garçon or Djax type deal because he only had one season of good work on paper.

It's the same reason Jeffery took the one year deal and guys like Maclin have taken prove it deals in the past. We can use Pryor as a bridge player in case Doctson isn't ready to be who we want him to be this year. Pryor is going to give us everything he has to prove it one this one year deal or another team that he deserves to be one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL which I can assure you he thinks he can be. It's a win-win for both sides.

I think Pryor is going to blow up with Kirk throwing him the ball and then he will have earned a huge pay day for next season, either from us or someone else and we would have gotten a pro type season out of him which, is wow hung we weren't getting from Garçon or Djax over the past 3 seasons and they are both over 30. This is essentially the reason I wanted to cut Garçon last offseason and not have to pay him $10 million because we could have used that $ on a cheaper, younger and bigger version of Garçon like Marvin Jones or Mohammed Sanu.

I'm glad we did what we did now though because Pryor has more God given talent and size than those two guys.

So basically, Bruce Allen, our actual GM, gave Pryor a deal that benefits Pryor and not the Redskins.

This team is more than off-season away from getting back to the playoffs. They've gotten worse offensively and defensively and the division is only getting better. One off-season worth of drafting and free agency isn't going to fix it. This is now a multi-year project, at best. And that's if Cousins signs long term. We're not building a bridge to someone else with Pryor. That's what you do with veterans on their last go around.

The absolute best case scenario for the Redskins is that Pryor blows out his knee and comes back next season on the same salary. Because if he blows up and has a monster season, hes going to get stupid money on the market. He will not sign a team friendly deal, as that will likely be his one shot to cash in.

So, again, this deal benfits Pryor and Pryor alone. Great job Bruce.
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I can't wait for the M Night Shyamalan plot twist, Pryor has been signed as our new starting QB.

I actually shot coffee out of my nose reading this lolol. Truth is I think Woz said this is a One year mercenary move to put up some big numbers with a real QB and cash in big time next year. Who knows he can like it here and want to stay, assuming Kirk stays or we draft a kid next month to groom for 2018. Bottom line is it keeps our receiving corps real talented and real deep for this season

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For others ...

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
We do have the opportunity for a 3rd round comp pick if Pryor balls out for us Woz.

wait for it ...

Quote:
We might need that if Cousins decides to leave next offseason and we start the rebuild all over. That would be two extra picks in the 3rd round of 2019 at least.

wait for it ...

Quote:
Maybe lightning strikes and Gallete balls out too. We'd just keep loading up on comp picks.

WAIT FOR IT ...

Quote:
But that's only if we don't spend a large amount in FA to offset those picks. And that's assuming the idiots in the FO know what to do with those picks. Just trying to look on the bright side Laughing .

JENGA!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
It's the same reason Jeffery took the one year deal and guys like Maclin have taken prove it deals in the past.

Maclin was coming off an injury, and Jeffery was coming off a 4 game suspension.

Quote:
We can use Pryor as a bridge player in case Doctson isn't ready to be who we want him to be this year.

So, we'll use Pryor to evaluate Doctson de facto rookie year to know if he's the long term answer? Riiiiiight ....

Quote:
Pryor is going to give us everything he has to prove it one this one year deal or another team that he deserves to be one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL which I can assure you he thinks he can be. It's a win-win for both sides.

Quote:

Quote:

My point wasn't that Garcon was bad, my point was if we had cut him we would have saved 7.5 million in cap space if we had signed Sanu and 3.5 million in cap space if we had signed Jones. We could have used that extra cap space for our horrible DL or S positions.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My point wasn't that Garcon was bad, my point was if we had cut him we would have saved 7.5 million in cap space if we had signed Sanu and 3.5 million in cap space if we had signed Jones. We could have used that extra cap space for our horrible DL or S positions.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
We do have the opportunity for a 3rd round comp pick if Pryor balls out for us Woz. We might need that if Cousins decides to leave next offseason and we start the rebuild all over. That would be two extra picks in the 3rd round of 2019 at least. Maybe lightning strikes and Gallete balls out too. We'd just keep loading up on comp picks. But that's only if we don't spend a large amount in FA to offset those picks. And that's assuming the idiots in the FO know what to do with those picks. Just trying to look on the bright side Laughing .
Good point, it'd be nice to get a few comp picks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's the definition of hindsight troll?

Is it this?

Arrow the ability to predict or the action of predicting what will happen or be needed in the future.

That's what I did a year ago and you know it. We argued back and forth for months last year about Garcon. You told me that neither Sanu or Jones would be any good, and it wouldn't be worth us signing them.

Come again?? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000725988/Can-t-Miss-Play-Jones-beats-Norman-for-52-yards

Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's the definition of hindsight troll?

Is it this?

Arrow the ability to predict or the action of predicting what will happen or be needed in the future.

That's what I did a year ago and you know it. We argued back and forth for months last year about Garcon. You told me that neither Sanu or Jones would be any good, and it wouldn't be worth us signing them.

Come again?? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000725988/Can-t-Miss-Play-Jones-beats-Norman-for-52-yards

Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink
Ummm, no its this:

Understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable... Too much pride to admit you're not right all the time. Laughing

Again, I wanted Garcon gone this time a year ago and replaced with a younger and cheaper receiver. Most such as yourself killed me for it saying huge guys I wanted wouldn't compared to him. We could have even gotten both Sanu & Jones the cost of just Garcon last year but I would have used the 3.5 or 7.5 on a better NT or FS.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garçon was a really good redskin. Appreciate his effort and commitment but he has lost a step or 2 and time for a replacement. I'd rather get rid of a guy 1 or 2 years too early then 1-2 years too late overpaying them. SF overpaid but they have good reasons because he's a bridge for a new coach.

Jackson- this one hurts. Hated his mouth but loved his speed and hands. Our offense just lost the best vertical threat in the NFL so things have changed. That safety is now in coverage underneath and run support. Crowder, Reed- going to be like rush hour for your routes compared to what you saw before

So we ( just welcomed a new red headed Irish dud in our pub club) have been considering the variables: Scot Fired, jay's contract entension is so similar to mcnabbs and thinking it was bs ala mcwormburner's contract extension, cousins here in 17 gone in 18 and believe the 17 season is set up as a make or break season:
1. if redskins do well and win division we probably keep everyone including kirk. I would consider danny signing cousins to a third tag just to show cousins and shanny jr who is boss
2. if we don't do well and there are lots of reasons this can happen and I'll argue it is more probable we finish last in the division than 1-3 combined
In scenario 1. why?

-The secret sauce for our offense was from shanny who taught Mcvay and Gruden sauce is just a mixture of mayo, mustard and ketchup.
- The offense is now offense officially and undeniably Grudens. To those dimwits who say " well actually Doc the run game is callahans", I say "don't be stupid" ( you remember balke from Beverly Hills Cop?)
- Next is cousins has been remarkably healthy. Never want to jinx a guy but wouldn't be surprised he misses more that 4 games. He's due for injury.
- If Colt were kirk he'd be getting franchise money. Arguing they are similar is a waste of time
- our defense is going to be terrible! Free agents so far are not credible upgrades and we cant expect drafted rookies to be instantly good. Expect defense to improve no more than 10% which puts us in bottom sixth of league- not good. I also think we will finally get confirmation on Gruden is pass Happy which hurts the defense and can't adjust his beltloop after downing two pizzas at halftime much less a gameplan
- other factors- the other 3 division teams are going to be even better in 17. I can envision us going 2-4 and feeling good about it. Now if cousins is traded we compete for the top pick in draft. The smart move for Gruden and Allen now is to trade cousins, smear and blame "money grubbing cousins and drunk Scot" for this then the expectations are much lower for 17.
Draft a QB, we suck because we have a rookie QB and they can keep jobs they aren't qualified to have for another year or so.

In conclusion, lol, as of this moment I think it is more likely that 17 season is THe season that propels Allen- you're fired. Gruden- your fired, cousins either sign a long term deal or I'll franchise you again, eat your salary Cleveland style and send you to the team with the worst offensive line in the league

So I'm hopeful!!!!Smile.

He's something for laughs. I had a better one but don't want two warnings in 24 hours. Lol. I hate tests!

TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man there are some miserable people in here, chill out bros we can still get Logan, Hightower and get a decent pick on DL, ILB in the first two rounds. we have to wait and see

I don't get all this doom and gloom. I still hope:

We sign KC to a LTD. Plus the dude will be starting his 3rd year I expect improvement in the redzone with two over 6 foot WR.

We still have arguably the second best OL in the division, top 5 in football.

I can't imagine our run game to suck 3rd year in a row, at the very least we improve 15% or so.

We still don't know what we have in Doctson. But man Pryor, one year deal or not, you know he will be trying his hardest to prove he deserves that huge contract. 4.4 40 and the dude is over 6-4. I will take him over Jackson who is going to be north of 30 this year.

I just can't imagine we would suck as bad stopping the run. Barry is gone I expect as to be at least a top 20 in stopping the run. Hoping for a couple of more FA pick ups to help there.

I know a lot of you guys are still crying loosing Scottie, for me is was meh. For me it all hinges on signing KC to a long term deal, something we must do at all costs as both the boys and Eagles will have their young QBs for the future. Eli on the other hands is not getting any younger.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Man there are some miserable people in here, chill out bros we can still get Logan, Hightower and get a decent pick on DL, ILB in the first two rounds. we have to wait and see

"Can?" Perhaps. We'll see.

Quote:
I don't get all this doom and gloom. I still hope:

We sign KC to a LTD. Plus the dude will be starting his 3rd year I expect improvement in the redzone with two over 6 foot WR.

I don't have any hope on that front.

Quote:
We still have arguably the second best OL in the division, top 5 in football.

That's something, I suppose.

Quote:
I can't imagine our run game to suck 3rd year in a row, at the very least we improve 15% or so.

I totally can see that, especially if Gruden wants to show that he can run the offense.

Quote:
We still don't know what we have in Doctson. But man Pryor, one year deal or not, you know he will be trying his hardest to prove he deserves that huge contract. 4.4 40 and the dude is over 6-4. I will take him over Jackson who is going to be north of 30 this year.

And what will it mean when he's gone next year?

Quote:
I just can't imagine we would suck as bad stopping the run. Barry is gone I expect as to be at least a top 20 in stopping the run. Hoping for a couple of more FA pick ups to help there.

We got rid of our best defensive lineman, picked up two scrubs and overpaid them, but you think our run stopping will be better?

Quote:
I know a lot of you guys are still crying loosing Scottie, for me is was meh. For me it all hinges on signing KC to a long term deal, something we must do at all costs as both the boys and Eagles will have their young QBs for the future. Eli on the other hands is not getting any younger.

Be prepared to be disappointed then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: