Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Timmons signs with Miami
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Timmons signs with Miami Reply with quote

2 years $12 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792285/article/lawrence-timmons-is-headed-to-miami-dolphins
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for him. He deserved all that money and more. Played through injuries and with less talent around him and still stood out. I see big things for him in Miami. People will say that he lost his speed but he was smoking Shazier as he raced down the sidelines during the Giant's game after he made a great interception. I wish him the best!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
I'm happy for him. He deserved all that money and more. Played through injuries and with less talent around him and still stood out. I see big things for him in Miami. People will say that he lost his speed but he was smoking Shazier as he raced down the sidelines during the Giant's game after he made a great interception. I wish him the best!

Unless we are set to make a big move, IMHO, we are letting this FA period get away from us. We couldn't land Marshall, Dre K, Ryan or even Micah Hyde. We are shopping for bottom feeding cbs such as Flowers, Coooper, etc.

The Pats keep making moves, signing Gilmore, keeping Branch, and now i just read on Twitter they traded for Kony Ealy! The defense that was number one in points allowed keeps getting stronger.

I know we still have to give Bell and Tuitt a deal, but for a team competing for a SB, this is pretty embarrassing.

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
byerly724

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LayTheWood56 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Unless we are set to make a big move, IMHO, we are letting this FA period get away from us. We couldn't land Marshall, Dre K, Ryan or even Micah Hyde. We are shopping for bottom feeding cbs such as Flowers, Coooper, etc.

The Pats keep making moves, signing Gilmore, keeping Branch, and now i just read on Twitter they traded for Kony Ealy! The defense that was number one in points allowed keeps getting stronger.

I know we still have to give Bell and Tuitt a deal, but for a team competing for a SB, this is pretty embarrassing.

How's it embarrassing? Our defense showed promise the second half of the season and our offense will hopefully get better by remaining intact so far. Everyone wants to compare us to what the patriots are doing... fact of the matter is the patriots and Tom Brady have made a career out of beating good defenses.

work the draft, find servicable free agents and reward the players that buy into the steelers way. It's been our foundation for a long time, why is everyone in panic mode after we went to AFC championship
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers probably offered him 2 yrs/9M with only one year guaranteed.

It's a shame to see Timmons leave. He played well last year. I wish him the best. Hope VW can fill his shoes without a dropoff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byerly724 wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

How's it embarrassing? Our defense showed promise the second half of the season and our offense will hopefully get better by remaining intact so far. Everyone wants to compare us to what the patriots are doing... fact of the matter is the patriots and Tom Brady have made a career out of beating good defenses.

work the draft, find servicable free agents and reward the players that buy into the steelers way. It's been our foundation for a long time, why is everyone in panic mode after we went to AFC championship

Well for starters, the team we have to get through to get to the SB are the Pats and they DESTROYED our so called improved defense and that was without Gronk and now they added Allen and Cooks!!

The Pats are not afraid to make the big moves and we stand pat and twiddle our thumbs. We will bring in a bottom feeding cb and draft one who will sit the bench this year while the pats walk to another SB...to me...that is embarrassing!!

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Because the Steelers have zero chance of beating the Patriots with an inferior roster, and that's just what they look to have right now on paper next season. They are not out coaching NE even for just one day.

NE's not going anywhere and I don't see anyone who will knock them off. Maybe a trip out to Oakland and that's it. I sure as hell wouldn't trust Carr going into Foxborro.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be puking a lot in the Miami heat.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if R.Foster falls to us RD1 , do we pick him? I would say no, go with CB RD1, but what about you?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
if R.Foster falls to us RD1 , do we pick him? I would say no, go with CB RD1, but what about you?

Foster is special. IF he makes it to us, we'd b stupid to pass him up. Concussions are the only weakness in Rueben Foster. I see him going at 2 to San Francisco.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Foster is special. IF he makes it to us, we'd b stupid to pass him up. Concussions are the only weakness in Rueben Foster. I see him going at 2 to San Francisco.

Jets at #6.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Jets at #6.

IF Fournette is available, Jets would have a very tough choice.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Jets at #6.

Indeed. I was thinking the same.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Jets at #6.

It had to happen one day but Timmon's departure will be huge. There's a huge dropoff in talent & experience now that Vince Williams is the assumed starter. Pittsburgh should try signing Zach Brown. He is a bigger and fsater version of Shazier. He did a tremendous job last year in Buffalo and would be a solid addition to the Steelers.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Jets at #6.

It had to happen one day but Timmon's departure will be huge. There's a huge dropoff in talent & experience now that Vince Williams is the assumed starter. Pittsburgh should try signing Zach Brown. He is a bigger and fsater version of Shazier. He did a tremendous job last year in Buffalo and would be a solid addition to the Steelers.

Not to mention, guys like McMillan, Walker and Blair Brown are sure to move up the Big Board. I found Marquel Lee out of Wake Forest to be rather impressive at the Combine.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: