You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrelle Pryor to the Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
SammyBradwater wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:
pissed the Browns botched this one...

No part of me thinks they botched this.

If they really wanted him back, he'd be back. Hell, if any team though he was anywhere near the player he thinks he is, he'd have gotten a huge deal.
Agreed. Not like the Browns have problems with cap space.

I guess that's why it's hard to understand though. They could've given him a front-loaded contract and it wouldn't effect them much at all. I guess they just felt he's not necessary for their plan...

I assume they didn't want to set a bad precedent and franchise a mediocre or decent player out of what would only be viewed as desperation.

This is two years in a row a free agent has decided to test the market only to find the Browns had accurately judged the market and had the best offer.

Both times the player has reportedly returned to find the initial offer no longer available and decided to sign elsewhere.

This may hurt them in the short term, but hopefully these players/agents realize our nerds know their stuff and maybe it's best to sign the deal put in front of you. Really interesting trend IMO.

I suppose that makes sense. Risky though. Could easily go the other way and burn them in the future.

I think the nerds thumbed their nose at rosenhaus.

"We know how much he's worth. Good luck getting what you're asking." And yanked their offer.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move for both sides

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It boils down to this:

The Browns offered TP 8 million a year but wanted a 3-4 year contract.

TP wanted more money.

TP went shopping elsewhere and found everyone else also was only offering him a max of 7-8 million a year.

TP still thinks that he's worth more, so he's gambling on himself having a big season by signing a 1 year contract.

If he goes bonkers as the only legitimate WR target (Not including Reed, Washington's TE of course) for Cousins and realizing that he should get a lot of footballs thrown his way this year, then he'll get PAID next year.

If not, then he probably cost himself money by turning down multiple years that the Browns offered him.

In his defense, even though he's 28 and doesn't have much tread on his tires and was essentially a rookie WR last year, he probably realizes that he's only getting 1 multi year contract so he wants to get a LOT of money, hence the 1 year contract.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
It boils down to this:

TP wanted more money.

TP went shopping elsewhere and found everyone else also was only offering him a max of 7-8 million a year.

TP still thinks that he's worth more, so he's gambling on himself having a big season by signing a 1 year contract.

If he goes bonkers as the only legitimate WR target (Not including Reed, Washington's TE of course) for Cousins and realizing that he should get a lot of footballs thrown his way this year, then he'll get PAID next year.

If not, then he probably cost himself money by turning down multiple years that the Browns offered him.

In his defense, even though he's 28 and doesn't have much tread on his tires and was essentially a rookie WR last year, he probably realizes that he's only getting 1 multi year contract so he wants to get a LOT of money, hence the 1 year contract.

... Crowder is a legitimate target. Doctson could be as well. Pryor will get a lot of targets thrown his way regardless though because of Gruden's love of passing.

I agree with the rest.
MWil23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
It boils down to this:

TP wanted more money.

... Crowder is a legitimate target. Doctson could be as well. Pryor will get a lot of targets thrown his way regardless though because of Gruden's love of passing.

I agree with the rest.

I should have specified it as "only player who has proven to be a legitimate target". Doctson certainly has the potential but was hurt/didn't produce last year.

I see Crowder as a legitimately solid slot WR, but at 5'9, I don't see him winning consistently on the outside as Pryor will and Doctson has the potential to do.

JMHO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Pryor’s incentives fall into three categories: catches, yards, and touchdowns. He can make another $1 million based on receptions, another $500,000 based on receiving yards, and another $500,000 based on touchdowns.

As to receptions, Pryor gets $250,000 for 60 catches, a total of $600,000 for 70 catches, and a total of $1 million if he has 80 receptions or more. As to receiving yards, he gets $150,000 for 750 yards, a total of $300,000 for 1,000 yards, and a total of $500,000 for 1,250 yards. As to touchdowns, Pryor gets an extra $100,000 for six, a total of $300,000 for eight, and a total of $500,000 for 10.

To get the full $2 million (and to make the contract worth $8 million), Pryor needs to have 80 or more catches for 1,250 yards and 10 touchdowns. Based on his 2016 performance (77 catches, 1,007 yards, four touchdowns), Pryor would have made an extra $750,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/terrelle-pryors-full-incentive-package-requires-pretty-big-year/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: