Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrelle Pryor to the Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
daineraider wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Mike Williams, Corey Davis, or John Ross to the Browns

No.

This doesn't mean anything for Cleveland.

I swear people, even NFL Network guys completely forget that we have Corey Coleman who was the 1st WR drafted last year at #15.

With Coleman and Britt on the outside and Barnidge underneath, the Browns are fine at WR with hopefully Higgins/Louis stepping into that WR3 role.

Im fine with it for this year and think it is enough talent to win games with. They can add more next year once they know what they have with last years crop of 5 WRs they drafted.

I swear when you say "we" for both the Browns and Broncos I can't take you seriously. Its like people that are Polygamists, it sounds cool but just doesn't work.

I can refer you back to the 15x on this board I have explained my duel fanhood. In case you forgot, Cleveland had their team taken away in the 1990s when I was a kid. I took an interest in the Broncos during that time because they were good and I often vacationed in Denver during the winter when the Browns were gone.Then the Browns came back and I still follow/root for the Broncos.

Almost all of my friends have a 2nd rooting interest team because everybody basically had to go find new favorite teams to root for when the Browns moved to Baltimore.

I know people who are Browns/Vikings fans, Browns/Packers fans, Browns/Raiders fans, Browns/Saints fans and Browns/Cowboys fans. Im just a Browns/Broncos fan.

I was mostly being sarcastic for your comment about you basically assuming I don't know who Corey Coleman is or that he is in your team.

I know you have a bunch of WRs and I think Coleman will be very solid. It doesn't take away my opinion that Williams or Davis would make your WR core very solid.

#1 Williams/Davis
#2 Britt
Slot Coleman

Higgins, Payton, Louis, Alford battling for rotation spots. With an outside chance of Gordon being able to play he would make your WRs perhaps the top in the NFL.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted Davis at 12.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The Browns wr corps is HORRIBLE now lol. Their next best guy had 33 catches and 400 yards.. what in the world could make fans think wr isn't a top need unless they're only saying that because other needs are much worse?

I mean they just signed Kenny Britt who put up equivalent stats to Pryor with less targets and equally terrible QB play.

They also just drafted Coleman in the 1st round last year and drafted 3 other dudes. It's very possible one of those dudes develops into a player.

Duke also plays a lot in the slot and does a good job there.

That's fair
I also had similar thoughts along Tyty. I did not realize where the Browns receiving corps is.

Are they still trying to upgrade the position?
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Tyty wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The Browns wr corps is HORRIBLE now lol. Their next best guy had 33 catches and 400 yards.. what in the world could make fans think wr isn't a top need unless they're only saying that because other needs are much worse?

I mean they just signed Kenny Britt who put up equivalent stats to Pryor with less targets and equally terrible QB play.

They also just drafted Coleman in the 1st round last year and drafted 3 other dudes. It's very possible one of those dudes develops into a player.

Duke also plays a lot in the slot and does a good job there.

That's fair
I also had similar thoughts along Tyty. I did not realize where the Browns receiving corps is.

Are they still trying to upgrade the position?

Doubtful unless its a late round small slot guy like Switzer from NC.

Like he said, the Browns took Coleman at #15 last year and took 3 other WRs in the mid-late rounds.

You cant punt 4 draft picks after 1 year with horrible QB play. One of them will step up after a year under their belt and become a good player. No need to waste a pick this year on a position group they hammered with draft picks last year without proper time to evaluate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pissed the Browns botched this one...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Laughing Much rather have Pryor for 8M than Alshon for 14M.

Jeffery is getting 9.5 w/ incentives.

Worry about your own sorry franchise.

Pryor is getting 6M with incentives. Both contracts have incentives that are easy to hit.

And yes, the Redskins have rightfully become the laughingstock of the offseason. But it's still pretty funny seeing an Eagles fan talk crap about our franchise considering we've beaten your sorry franchise 4 games in a row Laughing

Except I'm not talking crap. I said you worry about your own sorry franchise.

I'll worry about my own sorry franchise. Wink
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

No part of me thinks they botched this.

If they really wanted him back, he'd be back. Hell, if any team though he was anywhere near the player he thinks he is, he'd have gotten a huge deal.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Pryor is getting 6M with incentives. Both contracts have incentives that are easy to hit.

And yes, the Redskins have rightfully become the laughingstock of the offseason. But it's still pretty funny seeing an Eagles fan talk crap about our franchise considering we've beaten your sorry franchise 4 games in a row Laughing

The sad thing is, we're both Lakers fans. Sorry franchises galore.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

At least we got to experience championships with them though.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

At least we got to experience championships with them though.

This is true. With more to come...

In a decade or two.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

If they really wanted him back, he'd be back. Hell, if any team though he was anywhere near the player he thinks he is, he'd have gotten a huge deal.
Agreed. Not like the Browns have problems with cap space.
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I guess that's why it's hard to understand though. They could've given him a front-loaded contract and it wouldn't effect them much at all. I guess they just felt he's not necessary for their plan...
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I guess that's why it's hard to understand though. They could've given him a front-loaded contract and it wouldn't effect them much at all. I guess they just felt he's not necessary for their plan...
I also feel like Pryor wanted more in this offseason and had to settle.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I assume they didn't want to set a bad precedent and franchise a mediocre or decent player out of what would only be viewed as desperation.

This is two years in a row a free agent has decided to test the market only to find the Browns had accurately judged the market and had the best offer.

Both times the player has reportedly returned to find the initial offer no longer available and decided to sign elsewhere.

This may hurt them in the short term, but hopefully these players/agents realize our nerds know their stuff and maybe it's best to sign the deal put in front of you. Really interesting trend IMO.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
SammyBradwater wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I assume they didn't want to set a bad precedent and franchise a mediocre or decent player out of what would only be viewed as desperation.

This is two years in a row a free agent has decided to test the market only to find the Browns had accurately judged the market and had the best offer.

Both times the player has reportedly returned to find the initial offer no longer available and decided to sign elsewhere.

This may hurt them in the short term, but hopefully these players/agents realize our nerds know their stuff and maybe it's best to sign the deal put in front of you. Really interesting trend IMO.

I suppose that makes sense. Risky though. Could easily go the other way and burn them in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: