Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mayock emergers as leader for GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

yay or nay?
yay
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
nay
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
The team is trying to weather the PR sh*t storm that Bruce Allen caused. If they are able to get away unscathed, than they'll just elevate somebody in the organization like Doug Williams/Scott Campbell or Alex Santos.

If Dan Snyder can't handle all the negative press and the pressure is getting to him, than he may fire Bruce Allen and elevate Doug Williams to President (to appease the fans). The one way this won't work is because Bruce Allen is heavily involved in getting the Redskins a new stadium.......in........Virginia.

Remember....Greg Manusky and Matt Cavanaugh were both elevated from previous positions. I don't see them going outside the organization unless Dan Snyder is sick of Bruce Allen's antics.
I do agree that the Redskins worst issue since Dan took cover the team has been been horrible PR! It's amazing how poor they are at PR for a franchise that is 3rd or whatever richest in the NFL!

Like in the case of McCloughan, after the season was over all Bruce had to do was have a press conference or an interview with some of the best reporters or even a conference call and tell them their side of the story shot Dcot and get out infront of the story, it's amazing how they keep botching ish like this! Twisted Evil

All they would have had to say is similar to what Jay said about our last two first round picks and how they failed, brought up the multiple free agent misses the last two offseasons and that Scot had some contact in the last two years that we didn't feel was up to our standards of what a GM should be in terms of an employee we want representing the Washington Redskins.

That's it! Done and done! This could have been done the week after the season ended! How they screwed up this PR over the past two months is beyond compression! Ughh Laughing Rolling Eyes

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Mayock is a philly idiot who usually misses when he gives his opinion on well-known players. He scours tape and scouts the draft so deeply that he does give great insight into lesser known talent that no one has time to look at.

But as for making draft picks, we'd do much better putting all the names in a bag and grabbing one out each round. And the paper bag would be much cheaper.
The entire draft is an educated guess/projection of no guaranteed college prospects that scouts are making educated guesses on if that guy wil develop into a good NFL player or not. So, Mayock would really just be giving Allen great information and opinions on players just like everyone else and Allen would make the decision on who would be best to go with which is essentially how it went down in 2014 with the Scot's doing that background work for Allen.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't believe we got rid of the one guy in our front office who just loves this game so much he genuinely puts things into place the way he does I just can't get over the fact we just lost the main piece we needed to build a legitimate winner. I don't hate our FA but it just feels like a hallow haul. Players were actually progressing here and you could just see these players sticking together on the field it was noticeable! We lost more then just a guy who knows how to judge and pair players! We lost a guy who knew how to relate and get players to give everything they got and I think we will start to see just how much these players player for the coaches or for Scot. It is well known how much players credit him for being involved in their development and having their backs and being honest with them! We got rid of the only real honest voice in our FO because the constant group of yes men just will never understand ythese players aren't robots. You can mention all the names that could and should come here but I can promise we aren't getting anyone close to what we just lost and it's a shame! Not a fan of looking back at the past but you know I just can't help but feel like in 3 years we're going to look back and say I can't believe just how close we actually were to being good compared to where we are. I hope I'm wrong and I don't want this team to struggle but year after year Scot picked the type of players I really enjoy scouting and watching film on. Just as a fan of this team I feel like we have been robbed of the first real thing this fanbase could believe in and I just don't see any way we're going to recover as long as we have guys who can't just do their job and work as a team in the FO and let the people do what they do best and do it their way without interfering.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
I just can't believe we got rid of the one guy in our front office who just loves this game so much he genuinely puts things into place the way he does I just can't get over the fact we just lost the main piece we needed to build a legitimate winner. I don't hate our FA but it just feels like a hallow haul. Players were actually progressing here and you could just see these players sticking together on the field it was noticeable! We lost more then just a guy who knows how to judge and pair players! We lost a guy who knew how to relate and get players to give everything they got and I think we will start to see just how much these players player for the coaches or for Scot. It is well known how much players credit him for being involved in their development and having their backs and being honest with them! We got rid of the only real honest voice in our FO because the constant group of yes men just will never understand ythese players aren't robots. You can mention all the names that could and should come here but I can promise we aren't getting anyone close to what we just lost and it's a shame! Not a fan of looking back at the past but you know I just can't help but feel like in 3 years we're going to look back and say I can't believe just how close we actually were to being good compared to where we are. I hope I'm wrong and I don't want this team to struggle but year after year Scot picked the type of players I really enjoy scouting and watching film on. Just as a fan of this team I feel like we have been robbed of the first real thing this fanbase could believe in and I just don't see any way we're going to recover as long as we have guys who can't just do their job and work as a team in the FO and let the people do what they do best and do it their way without interfering.
I think there's a lot to what everyone had to deal with in terms of Scot's demons that we'll never really truly know about or hear about from the organization because they're not going to come out and say that Scot's drinking had become an issue like it was in the past in San Fran & Seattle.

This should NOT be taken as me hating Scot, I loved the guy as a talent evaluator and football guy and wanted him as our GM for the next 30 years or whatever but I've heard that Scot was drunk a lot. I heard he came to the lockeroom sometimes drunk and that at the end of the season he took a young DB - my guess is Breeland - off the practice field and into his office to rip him because he was complaint about what Barry and the defensive cosxhjg staff were asking him to do which, if it was Breeland, that was playing the slot the last month fkthe season.

Apparently, Bruce saw this or heard about it - probably from Jay - and that was the final straw for Bruce.

Bruce wanted Jay and coaches to do the coaching and McCloughan to just do his job and build the best roster he could in the offseason and during the season to replace players if they had gotten hurt.

It was Jay's job to coach the team in the way he saw fit, not McCloughan or anyone else LDE.. Snyder and Allen gave Jay that power and if this report is correct, Scot overstepped his power, shows up Jay in front of the team and everyone on the practice field

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
I think there's a lot to what everyone had to deal with in terms of Scot's demons that we'll never really truly know about or hear about from the organization because they're not going to come out and say that Scot's drinking had become an issue like it was in the past in San Fran & Seattle.

This should be taken as me hating Scot, I loved the guy as a talent evaluator and football guy and wanted him as our GM for the next 30 years or whatever but I've heard that Scot was drunk a lot. I heard he came to the lockeroom sometimes drunk and that at the end of the season he took a young DB - my guess is Breeland - off the practice field and into his office to rip him because he was complaint about what Barry and the defensive cosxhjg staff were asking him to do which, if it was Breeland, that was playing the slot the last month fkthe season.

Apparently, Bruce saw this or heard about it - probably from Jay - and that was the final straw for Bruce.

Bruce wanted Jay and coaches to do the coaching and McCloughan to just do his job and build the best roster he could in the offseason and during the season to replace players if they had gotten hurt.

It was Jay's job to coach the team in the way he saw fit, not McCloughan or anyone else LDE.. Snyder and Allen gave Jay that power and if this report is correct, Scot overstepped his power, shows up Jay in front of the team and everyone on the practice field

Where are these reports? Where is Breelands statement on this actually happening? No player has came out and said anything negative about him, so this leads me to believe a lot of this negative stuff is plain BS. Cooley late freaking apology goes to show a lot of his comments where out of line. Cooley wasn't even suspended or anything after those comments. Really would be smart if that was a start to fixing things with PR, fans, players, and coaches of the organization.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

This should be taken as me hating Scot, I loved the guy as a talent evaluator and football guy and wanted him as our GM for the next 30 years or whatever but I've heard that Scot was drunk a lot. I heard he came to the lockeroom sometimes drunk and that at the end of the season he took a young DB - my guess is Breeland - off the practice field and into his office to rip him because he was complaint about what Barry and the defensive cosxhjg staff were asking him to do which, if it was Breeland, that was playing the slot the last month fkthe season.

Where are these reports? Where is Breelands statement on this actually happening? No player has came out and said anything negative about him, so this leads me to believe a lot of this negative stuff is plain BS. Cooley late freaking apology goes to show a lot of his comments where out of line. Cooley wasn't even suspended or anything after those comments. Really would be smart if that was a start to fixing things with PR, fans, players, and coaches of the organization.
He just hates McCloughan, you are wasting your breath.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

This should NOT! be taken as me hating Scot - don't shoot the messenger! I loved Scot as a talent evaluator and football guy and wanted him as our GM for the next 30 years or whatever but I've heard that Scot was drunk a lot.

I heard he came to the lockeroom sometimes drunk and that at the end of the season he took a young DB - my guess is Breeland - off the practice field and into his office to rip him because he was complaining about what Barry and the defensive coaching staff were asking him to do which, if it was Breeland, that was playing the slot the last month of the season and he didn't want to do that!

Apparently, Bruce saw this or heard about it - probably from Jay - and that was the final straw for Bruce and he went to Dan.

It was Jay's job to coach the team in the way he saw fit, not McCloughan or anyone else TBH... Snyder and Allen gave Jay that power an "IF this report is TRUE," Scot overstepped his power, shows up Jay in front of the team and everyone on the practice field

Kevin Sheehan said it on his and Cooley's radio show. Like I said, that's what I heard. My guess is that Jay probably told Kevin or Cooley or something, who knows.

Breeland doesn't really talk to the media, I don't see him as the type that will go to the media and rat out McCloughan or anyone. He's a more quiet type guy, that just doesn't seem his star IMHO.

I guess take it for what you want to believe, but I have no reason NOT to believe this report given how Breeland seemed to have an attitude problem all season long after Scot decided the team would sign Norman and give him a contract that I'm sure Breeland was hoping the Organization would be giving him next offseason and that most of the team probably wished they had given to Kirk Cousins instead of another team's free agent that his former team
Cousins wait to get rid of.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can pick st random from a bag or hire this guy who famously beat the stock brokers picking the best portfolio

Prob a higher IQ than Bruce or chubster
ripsean21

I understand there was clearly something wrong internally but I'm having a hard time believing these reports which are coming out now. They have a crap storm PR and their in damage control because as You said Turtle all they had to do was end it after the season when every team make these moves! Regardless they used a man demons against him when they chose to look past them when they needed him. It is what it is we can't get him back so we're going to move on! But until this team finds a way to steal a young bright scout from NE or something who would never come here because of our constant issues. Like there's a lot to like we're keeping a coach we're trying to keep continuity. But we have no idea if we're even going to keep our QB. So idk maybe if they can end this Cousins drama and build a good draft team and get a young bright mind who can deal with the hierarchy here then maybe I can be alright? But idk I just can't get that excited about Mayock or any of the names because this team needs something new young bright and from somewhere not associated with TV or our TB connection!

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

I really wish you'd have more respect for other posters and quit lying about their opinions. You couldn't couldn't be more wrong about what I believe and you constantly are. It's sad because I take you as an incredibly bright guy but you constantly misinterpret my posts on a daily basis and spreads lies about me that frankly I've become beyond tired about.

What you're doing is extreme disrespectful after I've constantly told you to stop for days and months!

Just stop it!

I don't hate McCloughan! I never did and never will. I'm feel sorry for even reporting what I hear on the radio from people who are more in the know than us because of the constant BS that I have to deal with from trolls like yourself.

Just do what we are supposed to do in this forum and focus on the posts and football, not the poster. Leave me out of your witch hunt.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
I understand there was clearly something wrong internally but I'm having a hard time believing these reports which are coming out now. They have a crap storm PR and their in damage control because as You said Turtle all they had to do was end it after the season when every team make these moves!

Regardless they used a man demons against him when they chose to look past them when they needed him. It is what it is we can't get him back so we're going to move on! But until this team finds a way to steal a young bright scout from NE or something who would never come here because of our constant issues. Like there's a lot to like we're keeping a coach we're trying to keep continuity. But we have no idea if we're even going to keep our QB.

So idk maybe if they can end this Cousins drama and build a good draft team and get a young bright mind who can deal with the hierarchy here then maybe I can be alright?

But idk I just can't get that excited about Mayock or any of the names because this team needs something new young bright and from somewhere not associated with TV or our TB connection!
Totally agree, and I don't know what to believe either. I'm just telling everyone what I heard from people on espn 980 yesterday like Sheehan, Cooley, Weinstein, Doc, Scot Jackson and others.

They know more than us, so I have to believe there is some truth to that report. People want to believe what they want to believe because they loved McCloughan's great ability as a talent evaluator - which I understand, I did too - but it sounds like based on reports that the situation was not a good working environment and everyone envolved was to blame for that.

Maybe there were just too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough guys that would be cooks.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

I really wish you'd have more respect for other posters and quit lying about their opinions. You couldn't couldn't be more wrong about what I believe and you constantly are. It's sad because I take you as an incredibly bright guy but you constantly misinterpret my posts on a daily basis and spreads lies about me that frankly I've become beyond tired about.

What you're doing is extreme disrespectful after I've constantly told you to stop for days and months!

Just stop it!

I don't hate McCloughan! I never did and never will. I'm feel sorry for even reporting what I hear on the radio from people who are more in the know than us because of the constant BS that I have to deal with from trolls like yourself.

Just do what we are supposed to do in this forum and focus on the posts and football, not the poster. Leave me out of your witch hunt.
Oh please. Get off your high horse. You've crapped on him for months now after the fact you want to act like you supported him. You never did. I also think its a joke that you can support a snake like Bruce Allen.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
I understand there was clearly something wrong internally but I'm having a hard time believing these reports which are coming out now. They have a crap storm PR and their in damage control because as You said Turtle all they had to do was end it after the season when every team make these moves!

Regardless they used a man demons against him when they chose to look past them when they needed him. It is what it is we can't get him back so we're going to move on! But until this team finds a way to steal a young bright scout from NE or something who would never come here because of our constant issues. Like there's a lot to like we're keeping a coach we're trying to keep continuity. But we have no idea if we're even going to keep our QB.

So idk maybe if they can end this Cousins drama and build a good draft team and get a young bright mind who can deal with the hierarchy here then maybe I can be alright?

But idk I just can't get that excited about Mayock or any of the names because this team needs something new young bright and from somewhere not associated with TV or our TB connection!
Totally agree, and I don't know what to believe either. I'm just telling everyone what I heard from people on espn 980 yesterday like Sheehan, Cooley, Weinstein, Doc, Scot Jackson and others.

They know more than us, so I have to believe there is some truth to that report. People want to believe what they want to believe because they loved McCloughan's great ability as a talent evaluator - which I understand, I did too - but it sounds like based on reports that the situation was not a good working environment and everyone envolved was to blame for that.

Maybe there were just too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough guys that would be cooks.

Oh I heard and read a very similar report. And as you said everyone is going to believe whatever side they believe suits them the best. And I can agree with that too many strong personalities tend to clash. I guess it's just the normal here! What I wouldn't give just to see this team be normal!!!

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Mayock is, at best, a senior scout and this team needs a real GM. So, no, this is not a good idea.
That's essentially what Scot was with the title of "GM."

Which was the problem. Allen has no business doing anything with the football team, least of all signing free agents and contract negotiations. He's another Snyder Yes Man.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

980 is in Dan Snyder's pocket. They know what Bruce Allen tells them to know. I put about as much faith in them as I do in Sean Spicer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: