You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mayock emergers as leader for GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

yay or nay?
yay
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
nay
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Let's go all in and hire Matthew Berry in an offense advisory roll.


I know it seems like a joke to some but I promise you teams have looked into hiring Mayock in some capacity. He's incredibly smart and knows the game. We may get laughed at at first but if given control of the draft I think he'd do great.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Let's go all in and hire Matthew Berry in an offense advisory roll.


You know as much as a fan as Matthew Berry is, even I think he'd walk away from this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1820
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Come on you can't really believe he is the best qualified candidate to lead the Redskins roster planning and development, negotiate contracts, leading pro and college scouting depts- what a real gym does.

I can make an argument For several here are equally qualified ( Woz, Mckinght, even the riddler) or keim or tandler. This is just dumb. Here's a thought- if you want to be the best, conduct a professional search that hires the absolutely best person not a marketing gimmick, or a Shill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10135
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Absolutely.

I was just laughing at the previous comment.

Now if you tell me you want Matt Miller too, then I'll really troll
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it, he has always been my most favorite tv draft talent evaluator. I'd rather the skins hire him than some of the other guts who've been mentioned.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Come on you can't really believe he is the best qualified candidate to lead the Redskins roster planning and development, negotiate contracts, leading pro and college scouting depts- what a real gym does.

I can make an argument For several here are equally qualified ( Woz, Mckinght, even the riddler) or keim or tandler. This is just dumb. Here's a thought- if you want to be the best, conduct a professional search that hires the absolutely best person not a marketing gimmick, or a Shill
Allen, Doug Williams, Scott Campbell, Eric Schaffer, and Alex Santos will remain.

They'd just need Mayock to come in and be the chief talent evaluator, work with Campbell, Santos and he scouts to give Allen their suggestions and give him the best information they can so Alken can make a good final decision.

We need a top talent evaluator since we lost Scot, not the other stuff, we already have guys in our front office for those things.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
killacam


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 709
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Maybe, but those are big misses!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Come on you can't really believe he is the best qualified candidate to lead the Redskins roster planning and development, negotiate contracts, leading pro and college scouting depts- what a real gym does.

I can make an argument For several here are equally qualified ( Woz, Mckinght, even the riddler) or keim or tandler. This is just dumb. Here's a thought- if you want to be the best, conduct a professional search that hires the absolutely best person not a marketing gimmick, or a Shill
Allen, Doug Williams, Scott Campbell, Eric Schaffer, and Alex Santos will remain.

They'd just need Mayock to come in and be the chief talent evaluator, work with Campbell, Santos and he scouts to give Allen their suggestions and give him the best information they can so Alken can make a good final decision.

We need a top talent evaluator since we lost Scot, not the other stuff, we already have guys in our front office for those things.


I see your points. Mine is would you rather have 5 guys who are partially responsible or a real GM who is responsible and accountable? Incompetents like Allen love confusing structures because fingers can be pointed many places and not at you lol.

Getting a personality like Mycock is gonna be a wet dream for every draft geek where they think they'll all be future GM's they have to realize you have to own a team like Danny before you can really screw it up by acting as the GM.

Kind of a waste because Williams will get job and I fell for the marketing hype.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Mayock pounded the table for Gabbert, compared Manziel to the next Steve Young, Hill over Jeffrey, Montee Ball over LeVeon Bell, put Kevin White over Amari Cooper, called Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman "the safest pick", etc. etc.
dude everyone misses on picks.


Come on you can't really believe he is the best qualified candidate to lead the Redskins roster planning and development, negotiate contracts, leading pro and college scouting depts- what a real gym does.

I can make an argument For several here are equally qualified ( Woz, Mckinght, even the riddler) or keim or tandler. This is just dumb. Here's a thought- if you want to be the best, conduct a professional search that hires the absolutely best person not a marketing gimmick, or a Shill
Allen, Doug Williams, Scott Campbell, Eric Schaffer, and Alex Santos will remain.

They'd just need Mayock to come in and be the chief talent evaluator, work with Campbell, Santos and he scouts to give Allen their suggestions and give him the best information they can so Alken can make a good final decision.

We need a top talent evaluator since we lost Scot, not the other stuff, we already have guys in our front office for those things.


I see your points. Mine is would you rather have 5 guys who are partially responsible or a real GM who is responsible and accountable? Incompetents like Allen love confusing structures because fingers can be pointed many places and not at you lol.

Getting a personality like Mycock is gonna be a wet dream for every draft geek where they think they'll all be future GM's they have to realize you have to own a team like Danny before you can really screw it up by acting as the GM.

Kind of a waste because Williams will get job and I fell for the marketing hype.
You do realize that McCloughan was never really a contact guy right? Regardless if Scot was still here or not, we'd still need those other guys to do the contracts and to help Scot with the scouting on both college prospects and especially NFL free agents because I don't think that's exactly Scot's forte, he's best as a college talent evaluator.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10361
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock is, at best, a senior scout and this team needs a real GM. So, no, this is not a good idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
A TRAIN 89


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 1277
Location: the land of plenty
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team is trying to weather the PR sh*t storm that Bruce Allen caused. If they are able to get away unscathed, than they'll just elevate somebody in the organization like Doug Williams/Scott Campbell or Alex Santos.

If Dan Snyder can't handle all the negative press and the pressure is getting to him, than he may fire Bruce Allen and elevate Doug Williams to President (to appease the fans). The one way this won't work is because Bruce Allen is heavily involved in getting the Redskins a new stadium.......in........Virginia.

Remember....Greg Manusky and Matt Cavanaugh were both elevated from previous positions. I don't see them going outside the organization unless Dan Snyder is sick of Bruce Allen's antics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock is a philly idiot who usually misses when he gives his opinion on well-known players. He scours tape and scouts the draft so deeply that he does give great insight into lesser known talent that no one has time to look at.

But as for making draft picks, we'd do much better putting all the names in a bag and grabbing one out each round. And the paper bag would be much cheaper.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Mayock is, at best, a senior scout and this team needs a real GM. So, no, this is not a good idea.
That's essentially what Scot was with the title of "GM."
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group