Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns bolster O-line: Sign Tretter, extend Bitonio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 440
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to RB at 12, we are absolutely set there. No to QB at 12, we are in no position roster wise to go for the next Ponder or Gabbert. We need the very best playmaker there that fills a need. It pretty much leaves anyone in play other than RB and QB. RB because we are good there, QB because there are no QBs even close to worth pick 12 this year. No to trading back, we need impact players, studs, that will be great from day 1, and be great for a decade with the Browns. No more Phil Taylors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 58045
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
No to RB at 12, we are absolutely set there. No to QB at 12, we are in no position roster wise to go for the next Ponder or Gabbert. We need the very best playmaker there that fills a need. It pretty much leaves anyone in play other than RB and QB. RB because we are good there, QB because there are no QBs even close to worth pick 12 this year. No to trading back, we need impact players, studs, that will be great from day 1, and be great for a decade with the Browns. No more Phil Taylors.


We're not drafting a right tackle at 12.
_________________

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 440
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
No to RB at 12, we are absolutely set there. No to QB at 12, we are in no position roster wise to go for the next Ponder or Gabbert. We need the very best playmaker there that fills a need. It pretty much leaves anyone in play other than RB and QB. RB because we are good there, QB because there are no QBs even close to worth pick 12 this year. No to trading back, we need impact players, studs, that will be great from day 1, and be great for a decade with the Browns. No more Phil Taylors.


We're not drafting a right tackle at 12.


I doubt a RT is the BPA at 12, I would say it will be either Howard or one of the Safeties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 14692
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based off our free agents and draft last year, I'd be surprised to see them draft an OL high.

I think we're going to see defense early and often with QB, TE, RB, and WR addressed on offense.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 12275
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Based off our free agents and draft last year, I'd be surprised to see them draft an OL high.

I think we're going to see defense early and often with QB, TE, RB, and WR addressed on offense.


Yup. I think part of the reason we went so hard for offensive linemen in FA is because this year's draft isn't particularly good for those positions. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a RT at some point, but I'd like to see what Coleman could do.

I also expect the Browns to lean heavily towards defensive players this draft, with a WR and maybe a TE at some point early as well.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5683
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This line is sick pending Tretter and Bitonio stay healthy
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3550
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifelong Packer fan here......

Tretter is a good player when he's healthy. He did a good job for us as a center and he even filled in at left tackle and did OK. The main knock on him has been his availability. IF he stays healthy, then you've got a good piece on the offensive line; if he doesn't, you've overpaid for a guy who won't help you that much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3165
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defense at 12 or a WR/QB.

We have a great RB that doesn't get injured.
_________________
I survived Johannesburg, 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 12275
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
defense at 12 or a WR/QB.

We have a great RB that doesn't get injured.


Only way I want a QB at #12 is if Trubisky is available, but I doubt he will be.

So yeah, WR or defense at #12.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3165
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
defense at 12 or a WR/QB.

We have a great RB that doesn't get injured.


Only way I want a QB at #12 is if Trubisky is available, but I doubt he will be.

So yeah, WR or defense at #12.


Id take either Trub or Kizer Id go Mahomes later in the first 18 or something.
_________________
I survived Johannesburg, 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40129
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
DawgX wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
defense at 12 or a WR/QB.

We have a great RB that doesn't get injured.


Only way I want a QB at #12 is if Trubisky is available, but I doubt he will be.

So yeah, WR or defense at #12.


Id take either Trub or Kizer Id go Mahomes later in the first 18 or something.


Its either Trub/Kizer at 12 or a QB after the 3rd rd
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Lifelong Packer fan here......

Tretter is a good player when he's healthy. He did a good job for us as a center and he even filled in at left tackle and did OK. The main knock on him has been his availability. IF he stays healthy, then you've got a good piece on the offensive line; if he doesn't, you've overpaid for a guy who won't help you that much.




Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group