Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns bolster O-line: Sign Tretter, extend Bitonio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT still scares the crap out of me, and we definitely need a starting caliber interior lineman (Greco may be it) on the bench given injury history of our starters.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Unless we draft one, Pasztor is going to start out at RT.

Probably. But it depends on how much Coleman improves over training camp.

I personally think it's Coleman.

They redshirted him and this year he'll step in.

I think it's between Coleman and Erving. If Erving gets stronger he could be the answer, he moves well. Missing blocks and letting guys go free on the inside was his biggest detriment.

I thought his biggest issue was just playing football, he was awful at it.

He's just as able to get beat at tackle as he was at center.

Football is football and pass pro is pass pro to some degree. He got beat in every which way.

There is an article breaking down why Cam was so terrible at C but would be a good fit for RT.

This isnt the exact article but it is a short version of the one im thinking of

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-cam-erving-to-right-tackle-a-smart-move-122916

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasztor isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He played pretty well last year. Hopefully Coleman comes on strong and plays up to his potential and he'll take it from Pasztor.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Browns think they have that back up swing interior lineman with Martin. Anyone watch much of the 9ers know anything about him? Was he decent?
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Pasztor isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He played pretty well last year. Hopefully Coleman comes on strong and plays up to his potential and he'll take it from Pasztor.

This, I think we may be over thinking it on Paz, if he is our worst lineman we are in pretty good shape.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
RT still scares the crap out of me, and we definitely need a starting caliber interior lineman (Greco may be it) on the bench given injury history of our starters.

Coleman is getting his shot to start. The knee should be ready this year. I can't see re-signing Pazstor, or drafting a guy top 65 to start at RT. Maybe a depth guy like Will Holden or Justin Senior later on makes sense, but it's Coleman's job for better or worse.

Greco is most certainly the backup interior swingman. He's only costing $975K this year too, so anyone with any idea that he's going to be cut can forget about it. He will be 32 going into free agency next year, and may still have a chance at getting a starting spot somewhere. We definitely need to draft and groom his replacement. Jordan Morgan and Chase Roullier are two guys that we may be able to get late sneak onto the practice squad if needed.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Martin is decent, he, Greco, and Reiter could be plenty of depth on the inside on second though.... not the most comfortable depth, but serviceable and hopefully none have to see many snaps. It may be Coleman's job to lose, that doesn't mean that I am comfortable with it.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Unless we draft one, Pasztor is going to start out at RT.

Probably. But it depends on how much Coleman improves over training camp.

I personally think it's Coleman.

They redshirted him and this year he'll step in.

I think it's between Coleman and Erving. If Erving gets stronger he could be the answer, he moves well. Missing blocks and letting guys go free on the inside was his biggest detriment.

I thought his biggest issue was just playing football, he was awful at it.

He's just as able to get beat at tackle as he was at center.

Football is football and pass pro is pass pro to some degree. He got beat in every which way.

There is an article breaking down why Cam was so terrible at C but would be a good fit for RT.

This isnt the exact article but it is a short version of the one im thinking of

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-cam-erving-to-right-tackle-a-smart-move-122916

No, I get all that.

I won't say "I told you so" when he gets beat like a rented mule this summer.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big part of me hopes we built the interior of the OL specifically for Leonard Fournette.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
A big part of me hopes we built the interior of the OL specifically for Leonard Fournette.

Oh my gosh no! RB is one of the few positions that we are stout at. We don't need to burn a round 1 pick for a position that we are both young and strong at. We have needs all over the field why on earth would we draft the one and only position in which we are really comfortable at and neglect another position in a loaded draft? With our current guys (except RT which is a question mark) on the OLine, if they stay healthy, and whoever is at QB can do just enough to keep defenses honest, our RBs will decimate all next season.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Oh my gosh no! RB is one of the few positions that we are stout at. We don't need to burn a round 1 pick for a position that we are both young and strong at. We have needs all over the field why on earth would we draft the one and only position in which we are really comfortable at and neglect another position in a loaded draft? With our current guys (except RT which is a question mark) on the OLine, if they stay healthy, and whoever is at QB can do just enough to keep defenses honest, our RBs will decimate all next season.

I know conventional wisdom says no to drafting a back early but I see Fournette as an All-Pro best back in the league with the ability to transform an entire offense and its identity. Crow is decent but Fournette is another level. The thought of him behind a dominant OL is enticing.

If he fell to 12 I'd be all over it. Though Hooker being available would make me lean that way.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I don't understand any concerned with RT. We have 80% of our line that will have a shot at being all-pro. Having a developing RT isn't a major concern.

2. I don't understand anyone wanting to go RB early. Everyone remembers Zeke going 4th overall, and running for 1,600 yards and 15 td's behind the best line in football. What nobody talks about is a 5th round draft pick that same year going for 1,300 yards and 6 td's who got 80 fewer carries and played for one of the worst offensive lines.

You don't need a RB high in the draft to get production, you need good line play and blocking schemes. You don't win 1 game and rebuild a franchise then draft a RB early in year 2 of the rebuild. If we do go RB, I hope its Mixon, as he arguably is the best RB in this class, and is only slipping because of the off field concerns.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
1. I don't understand any concerned with RT. We have 80% of our line that will have a shot at being all-pro. Having a developing RT isn't a major concern.

2. I don't understand anyone wanting to go RB early. Everyone remembers Zeke going 4th overall, and running for 1,600 yards and 15 td's behind the best line in football. What nobody talks about is a 5th round draft pick that same year going for 1,300 yards and 6 td's who got 80 fewer carries and played for one of the worst offensive lines.

You don't need a RB high in the draft to get production, you need good line play and blocking schemes. You don't win 1 game and rebuild a franchise then draft a RB early in year 2 of the rebuild. If we do go RB, I hope its Mixon, as he arguably is the best RB in this class, and is only slipping because of the off field concerns.

Agree with everything you said.

For me, it's QB or trade down at 12.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

I know conventional wisdom says no to drafting a back early but I see Fournette as an All-Pro best back in the league with the ability to transform an entire offense and its identity. Crow is decent but Fournette is another level. The thought of him behind a dominant OL is enticing.

If he fell to 12 I'd be all over it. Though Hooker being available would make me lean that way.

RB's don't transform offenses. If it wasn't for Dallas paying so much for their line, and Romo, and a couple other players, Demarco Murray, a 3rd round pick, likely still would be their RB. RB's definitely play a piece to the puzzle, and we have had our share of dud's at the position, but unless you're a team like Dallas last year, who only ended up picking early in the draft due to a QB injury, its probably never a wise decision to take a RB early.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

He was a top 5 RT in the NFL after week 3 last season by PFF.

Paztor is more than capable of being the guy especially now that he has very good players around him instead of playing next to Cam Erving and Greco.

I hope they cut Erving or package him in a Osweiler trade and keep Greco, Paztor and Coleman as RTs and rotational depth guys. Those 3 would be great to fill out RT and rotational depth.

Now, if they get a guy like Adam Shaheen in the 2nd or 3rd round at TE who is massive and can play inline TE, the Browns will be able to cram the ball down peoples throats with

Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Kevin Zeitler, Austin Paztor and Adam Shaheen.

Get a beefcake Fullback in the 6th round too and ohhh boy---that run game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: