Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Down Scenario?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: We could trade back Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
The GM has already gone on record that all the picks are available, and that they would consider all offers.

To the open eye it sounds like desperation, but Mac wants the league to know at 6 if the price is right the Jets would be willing partners.

That being said, understand this at 6 the Jets will have an opportunity to draft an impact player.

RB, QB, PR, CB, TE, S, they are all there for the taking, that being said, the pick should garner a sizeable gain.

But I would not like to drop out of say the top 12 picks, while getting multiple picks in round 2 and perhaps another in 2018.

I think the Jets are sitting just right position wise, if Cleveland drafts PR on the first pick knowing they have no QB at this time.

The Jets, especially if they feel that they can wait to pick up a QB next year or later in the draft.

Cleveland has multipul picks it can trade this year and next to move back up into the top 6 picks should they be in the QB market.

So to answer the question, YES, the Jets should trade down, howbeit not further say than the 12 pick in the draft.

6 and sheldon for 12 33 65 and next years 2 from HOU. Fair trade and maybe the best scenario we'd get for sheldon this year.

You can realistically find your starting CB, RB and TE in the first 70 picks along with a few others. Not a bad way to start a rebuild IMO. Not saying it would happen but it would be real nice.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far can we trade down and still be in play for Hooker?

He runs like Revis and just happens to wear 24.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

If we want Hooker I think we should stay at 6. I can see a situation where he is gone before us.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

We can't. He might not be there at 6, but if he makes it to 7, i'd guess there would be well over a 50% chance that San Diego takes him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

If we want Hooker I think we should stay at 6. I can see a situation where he is gone before us.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Malik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay but is there anyone that's going to be at #6 that any team wants bad enough for a trade down to even be worthwhile?? Getting fleeced in trading down because you don't think anyone is "worth" a 6 overall pick seems like hustling backwards. There are always guys worth it that high.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Okay but is there anyone that's going to be at #6 that any team wants bad enough for a trade down to even be worthwhile?? Getting fleeced in trading down because you don't think anyone is "worth" a 6 overall pick seems like hustling backwards. There are always guys worth it that high.

If someone covets a QB they will trade with the Titans in fear that we could take them. Maybe someone wants Fournette before the Panthers pick but I wouldn't pass up on him to trade back unless it was for a nice haul. I'd have to imagine Hooker or Adams will be there but if they are there we should probably snag one. I really don't see how we could trade down or at least trade down to the point where I'd feel okay missing out on top talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: