Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Mock to brighten the mood...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Quick Mock to brighten the mood... Reply with quote

We sign Beachum to start LT and also bring in Marcus Cooper at CB. Obviously we sign some other young cheap free agents to round of the roster.

We trade pick #6 and Sheldon Richardson to the Browns for #12,#33 and a conditional 2018 pick. They move up for a QB after getting MG at #1.

#12. O.J Howard
#33. TJ Watt
#33. Teez Tabor
#70. Joe Mixon
#107. Malachi Dupre

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Quick Mock to brighten the mood... Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
We sign Beachum to start LT and also bring in Marcus Cooper at CB. Obviously we sign some other young cheap free agents to round of the roster.

We trade pick #6 and Sheldon Richardson to the Browns for #12,#33 and a conditional 2018 pick. They move up for a QB after getting MG at #1.

#12. O.J Howard
#33. TJ Watt
#33. Teez Tabor
#70. Joe Mixon
#107. Malachi Dupre

At this point of time, I agree with you that is the only move we can do. If we don't make that move how can we do anything with only the 6,39,70 & the 107 pick in the draft. No question we need another second round pick. I also like your idea of trying to get Cooper & Beachum. I just don't see any other options. I really like the O.J. Howard pick, I don't know anything about Watt or Tabor so I will take your word that they are good players. Not doing anything in the FA market puts a ton of pressure on Mac to come up big time in the draft this year. As much as I think Cutler is a good QB what is the point of brining him in it will just slow the development of Petty & Hack.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point we need picks, bc the lack of anything in FA so I'm all for anything that acquired more picks in the top 3 rounds.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
At this point we need picks, bc the lack of anything in FA so I'm all for anything that acquired more picks in the top 3 rounds.

I think we all agree with that, but right now we are so limited in our ability to get more early round picks. It is hard to believe we could not come up with one or two players in the FA market.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA has not even been open for 24 hours and it's already over? I was hoping this season would be about development not complaining on overspending of mediocre FA.

I do like the mock btw. I'd be just as fine staying put and taking one of the top safeties.
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should of stated also.. With that Mock I would without doubt be expecting Christian Hackenberg to start at QB week one.

That would give him an array of options and big bodied targets, an o-line which would be strong and also a three headed rushing attack which would be our bread and butter offensively.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think trading back isn't easy so it shouldn't be brought up like it is.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not complain if the off season went down like this.

I love OJ and Watt so if round 1 and 2 went like that I'm ecstatic.

I think Tabor falls after his awful combine. Probably land him in the 3rd so I'd switch him out with a guy like Witherspoon, Conley.

I do like Tabor's tape though.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Tabor especially after he ran a 4.62. I would prefer T White, K.King or Moreau.

Love to get Watt and Mixon but I wouldn't be upset with Howard either. Dupre is just a project similar to Peake, imo so I would rather get help with the OL or ILB

Recently I've been leaning toward taking Bolles. At 12 he'd be perfect. We could take a Sprinkle, Shaheen , Jonnu Smith, Roberts or Saubert later on to compete at TE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: