Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Can Poe Do For You?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: What Can Poe Do For You? Reply with quote

Don't act like you didn't want him the first go round. Type "Steelers Poe" and the Memphis NT visited. This seems like a match made in heaven. Poe is scheme versatile and gives the Steelers one of the most dominant defensive lines in the NFL. I think a four man rush on every play of Tuitt, Hargrave, Poe, Heyward should be the move

6 years, $72m
12m signing bonus
2018 6m roster bonus
2020 10m option bonus
Salaries: 2.35;4.65;7.5;10;12;10.5

2017 cap hit: $4.75m
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: What Can Poe Do For You? Reply with quote

theironcitykid wrote:
Don't act like you didn't want him the first go round. Type "Steelers Poe" and the Memphis NT visited. This seems like a match made in heaven. Poe is scheme versatile and gives the Steelers one of the most dominant defensive lines in the NFL. I think a four man rush on every play of Tuitt, Hargrave, Poe, Heyward should be the move

6 years, $72m
12m signing bonus
2018 6m roster bonus
2020 10m option bonus
Salaries: 2.35;4.65;7.5;10;12;10.5

2017 cap hit: $4.75m

?????
He's a proven 3-4 NT and a perfect fit. Why switch everything into a 4-3? Poe at the NT would free up Tuiit/Heyward/Dupree. He is literally a quick fix to the Defense. However, prolly out of our price range.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
waffles7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were spending big money on a guy highly coveted in this forum coming out, I think I'd rather have Hightower. This is no knock on Poe, but we are mostly in Nicole on defense and I know we can extend Tuitt for less. Signing Poe would virtually mean the end of Tuitt in my eyes because you can only stretch the money so far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe can't cover a WR or TE. Poe can't rush off the edge.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
If I were spending big money on a guy highly coveted in this forum coming out, I think I'd rather have Hightower. This is no knock on Poe, but we are mostly in Nicole on defense and I know we can extend Tuitt for less. Signing Poe would virtually mean the end of Tuitt in my eyes because you can only stretch the money so far.

Hmm... the Nicole defense is new to me. Wink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre like that kid at the batting cages who takes monster swings at every ball but never makes contact. Although yours equates more to someone who stands on the plate and lets the balls hit him in the face.

Youre bound to come up with a semi decent idea one day. Keep trying, lad.

Well, I guess at its very core, this isnt a terrible idea. I wouldnt mind signing Poe....but for $12m per? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe would be answering a question I don't think we have.

Tuitt --Hargrave--Hayward was probably our most consistent group on defense. Injuries decimated this group throughout the year though.

Like previously said, the money would be cutting into resigning our own or acquiring positions of need.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Hmm... the Nicole defense is new to me. Wink

It's a very complicated, emotional defense. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have Poe... but are we giving up on Hargrave despite the fact he showed he's going to be a legitimate NT for the future?

And what in God's name are you thinking? $12 million for a 3-4 NT? What next? $45 million for a QB?

This isn't the NBA. Not everyone gets an absurd contract. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: