You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2017 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I think Quick is going to continue to be Quick with the Redskins. Getting past him quitting on this team (I will always dislike him for that), Quick has always struggled to pick up offenses, run his routes correctly, and process information on the field. He misses signals and audibles from the QB way too often. He doesn't play to his size often enough.

Frankly, I think he's a bad player with a low football IQ and poor work habits. I don't see him becoming anything new with another team.

Ha! Sounds like a winner Rolling Eyes

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaluga got released today. He would be a nice addition next to Tree.

Then would could move Barron back to SS.

2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5

"That's some 7-9 BS."
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Ramrod wrote:
Malaluga got released today. He would be a nice addition next to Tree.

Then would could move Barron back to SS.

We can do better than him if we want to move Barron to SS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Alden Gonzales, Les Snead confirmed today that Havenstein will move to RG, and Robinson to RT.

Also they are looking in FA and the trade market for a veteran center.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Per Alden Gonzales, Les Snead confirmed today that Havenstein will move to RG, and Robinson to RT.

He also said that the Rams plan on targeting a lot of WR and TE in the draft. Come on Engram/Schuster/Jones/Henderson.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He also said that the Rams plan on targeting a lot of WR and TE in the draft. Come on Engram/Schuster/Jones/Henderson.

Realistically I think Engram in the 2nd round and Schuster in the 3rd round or at best trade back into the late 2nd round to get him.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Realistically I think Engram in the 2nd round and Schuster in the 3rd round or at best trade back into the late 2nd round to get him.

We can't afford to give up draft assets to trade up in this draft in my opinion. Players will drop to us, just hope its the guys we like.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

This is the first thing they've done that I really dislike. Havenstein had a down year at tackle but he has at least shown us that he can be a capable, reliable tackle in his rookie year. The only thing that Robinson has proved to us is that he is not capable of playing tackle. He doesn't have the footwork or the technique to do it. So I don't see how moving him to a side he's less comfortable and familiar with, while staying at tackle, will help him. At this point with Robinson, it's clear to me that if he's going to succeed, it's going to be at guard--where he can play to his strengths and be kept in a phone booth. Plus I don't see Havenstein's skill set translating to guard. I think they're messing this one up big time if this is really the route they're going to go.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

We can't afford to give up draft assets to trade up in this draft in my opinion. Players will drop to us, just hope its the guys we like.

Doesn't necessarily mean draft capital to get back into the 2nd. Trumaine Johnson is an asset. Mark Barron is an asset. Hell even Tavon Austin is an asset even though their contracts are horrendous (thanks Jeff).

I would go as far as saying Todd Gurley SHOULD be an asset because the does not fit the identity that McVay wants going forward. A Spread offense doesn't fit the mold that a "25+touch behind Power I runningback" needs.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

McVay doesnt run a "spread" offense. Kroemer is here to run a PBS from buffalo. Down blocks and pullers, that IS Gurley's game.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Huh?

McVay doesnt run a "spread" offense. Kroemer is here to run a PBS from buffalo. Down blocks and pullers, that IS Gurley's game.

Shot gun most of the time. 4-5 WR/TE sets. Spread may have been a poor word, but the type of back Gurley is, doesn't fit what McVay wants to do. I think it's conflicting identities. I don't see Gurley getting 25+ touches per game; which is how he thrives, by wearing down defenses. Dunbar wasn't signed to be a back up. He was signed to be a 3rd down, change of pace.

I see Gurley in the same mold as Eddie George, AP, Ezekial Elliot. And now Leonard Fournette. Bell cow backs are rare these days. AP can't find a job because there a limited schemes he will thrive in.

McVay's offense doesn't revolve around a power running game. Jon Gruden's superbowl team didn't use 1 back, it had Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn. The 98, 99 Raiders was also RB by committee.

I'm saying if we got offered a 2nd this year for Gurley, I'd strongly consider it. The face of this franchise, whether we like it or not, is Jared Goff.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Huh?

Shot gun most of the time. 4-5 WR/TE sets. Spread may have been a poor word, but the type of back Gurley is, doesn't fit what McVay wants to do. I think it's conflicting identities. I don't see Gurley getting 25+ touches per game; which is how he thrives, by wearing down defenses. Dunbar wasn't signed to be a back up. He was signed to be a 3rd down, change of pace.

I see Gurley in the same mold as Eddie George, AP, Ezekial Elliot. And now Leonard Fournette. Bell cow backs are rare these days. AP can't find a job because there a limited schemes he will thrive in.

McVay's offense doesn't revolve around a power running game. Jon Gruden's superbowl team didn't use 1 back, it had Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn. The 98, 99 Raiders was also RB by committee.

I'm saying if we got offered a 2nd this year for Gurley, I'd strongly consider it. The face of this franchise, whether we like it or not, is Jared Goff.

Trading Gurley would be foolish just stop. Also Washington ran the ball almost 24 times a game last year.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. You dont have to have a tradition 21 personnel I formation to run power and utilize Gurley. You can run power out of a lot of different formations which is what Gurley thrives in. The issue was not only poor OL play, but the ZBS was not something Gurley was comfortable with because it requires patience, not that he doesnt have any, but he is best when he sees the hole and hits it.

The great thing about a coach such as McVay is he isnt stubborn like Fisher to force players into his scheme. McVay does what all great coaches do, find a way to adapt your scheme to get the most out of your players-- recognize their strengths and adapt to maximize them.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be on the trade Gurley train, just depends on what we could get in return.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Huh?

Stop. That's a terrible decision. And that's a complete misrepresentation of McVay's scheme. Remember when the Redskins gashed us by running the ball down our throats using a 13 personnel package in 2015? That was McVay. Remember when Rob Kelley carried the ball 24 times for 130+ yards against Green Bay? That was McVay.

McVay adapts his scheme to his personnel and the opponent, puts his players in a position to succeed, and does not run a spread offense.

Trading Gurley for a second would be a massive blunder.

DEE RAWL wrote:
Huh?

Kromer runs an inside zone blocking scheme. Which isn't that different from a PBS for a HB.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: