Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2017 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I was under the impression that he runs a true PBS

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Nope. Inside zone blocking scheme. Here are some examples:
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/3/21/4092368/chicago-bears-playbook-aaron-kromer-run-offense

But like I said, for the HB, it's more similar to a PBS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/3/21/4092368/chicago-bears-playbook-aaron-kromer-run-offense

Hmm... not a fan.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Hmm... not a fan.

Well, that's what his blocking scheme is. It's been pretty darn successful. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I mean every scheme works if you execute, I just like a true PBS with down blocks and pullers. Better blocking angles. Again, just a preference and Im a little bummed because I was looking forward to watching a scheme that wont be happening. My own fault for not doing my research on that.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Yeah I mean every scheme works if you execute, I just like a true PBS with down blocks and pullers. Better blocking angles. Again, just a preference and Im a little bummed because I was looking forward to watching a scheme that wont be happening. My own fault for not doing my research on that.

Well, it's not a true PBS, but I'm sure it includes down blocks and pulling OLs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll certainly be in the minority here, but I see Gurley's overall talent being under utilized in this system. Yes, McVay's offenses have gashed us and other team on the ground, but on a week over week basis, Robert Kelly isn't going to be a Top 10 RB. To maximize Gurley's potential he must given the ball 25+ times a game and he is better suited for a run first offense. We can get the same type of production in this offense from another RB or group of RB's and use Gurley's overall talent/potential to yield a top 50 pick.

It's like yeah we own a Ferrari, but we can't drive it over a 75mph. Well if that's the case, I'm going to buy a Ford and use the rest of the money I'm saving to buy something else to my benefit.

If the offer was right, I would be comfortable with letting Gurley walk. All I'm saying.

McVay was getting solid production in his system from Robert Kelley, Chris Thompson, Roy Helu, Matt Jones.

When did McVay become OC? 2014

Who was his RB in his first year? Alfred Morris. Let's look at Morris production year over year.

2012-335 attempts 1613 yards at 4.8/ypc

2013-276 attempts 1,275 yards 4.6/ypc

2014-265 attempts 1,074 yards 4.1/ypc

2015-202 attempts 751 yards 3.7/ypc
LARams91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I'll certainly be in the minority here, but I see Gurley's overall talent being under utilized in this system. Yes, McVay's offenses have gashed us and other team on the ground, but on a week over week basis, Robert Kelly isn't going to be a Top 10 RB. To maximize Gurley's potential he must given the ball 25+ times a game and he is better suited for a run first offense. We can get the same type of production in this offense from another RB or group of RB's and use Gurley's overall talent/potential to yield a top 50 pick.

It's like yeah we own a Ferrari, but we can't drive it over a 75mph. Well if that's the case, I'm going to buy a Ford and use the rest of the money I'm saving to buy something else to my benefit.

If the offer was right, I would be comfortable with letting Gurley walk. All I'm saying.

McVay was getting solid production in his system from Robert Kelley, Chris Thompson, Roy Helu, Matt Jones.

Who was his RB in his first year? Alfred Morris. Let's look at Morris production year over year.

At the height of Eddie George's career, the most carries he ever averaged was 25/game. Expecting 25 carries a game is extremely unrealistic. 18-20 will suit our offense just fine (with a 4.5 ypc expect 81-90 yards a game).
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARams91 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

At the height of Eddie George's career, the most carries he ever averaged was 25/game. Expecting 25 carries a game is extremely unrealistic. 18-20 will suit our offense just fine (with a 4.5 ypc expect 81-90 yards a game).

I believe we can get that same type of production from a Joe Mixon in the 3rd round and pick up an extra 2nd (Corner, Center, FS)
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

Robert Kelley averaged 16 carries per game once he became a starter. Gurley doesn't need the ball 25+ times a game. That won't maximize his potential. That'll run him into the ground. If Gurley averages 16 carries per game, that amounts to 256 carries per season. Gurley could do plenty of damage with that amount of touches. But let's assume that McVay would give Gurley a couple extra carries per game because he's better than Kelley. 18 carries per game amounts to 288 carries in a season. Again, that's plenty of carries for a guy like Gurley.

Gurley is worth far more than a top 50 pick. You'd be making the Jerome Bettis mistake all over again.

We aren't going to get Gurley's skill-set and production from a group of HBs. Gurley amounts to more than just production. He alters the way defenses plan for us. That's an advantage for Goff.

Quote:

Not to be a -, but your comparison doesn't make sense. Most people aren't driving Ferrari's so that they can go 100+ mph. And if you can afford a Ferrari and want to buy one, you certainly wouldn't choose a Ford because the speed limit doesn't allow you to drive a Ferrari fast. A Ford isn't a substitute for a Ferrari buyer.

But I know, I'm looking too deep into this. Regardless, it's not an accurate comparison. Nothing is preventing McVay from giving Gurley enough carries to make an impact. The notion that Gurley needs 25 carries per game to have a major impact is not accurate.

Quote:

I would too, but the offer you'd accept and the offer I'd accept are quite different.

Quote:

McVay got enough production out of that group, but they were more a liability than anything. McVay certainly would have preferred to have a top tier HB.

Quote:

It's a bad comparison. Morris also sucked in Dallas. The Shanahans identified and drafted Morris for their scheme. He wasn't drafted to play in Gruden's scheme. He wasn't a fit in Gruden's scheme. It also appears that Morris has run out of juice at a relatively young age based on the results in Dallas.

Todd Gurley isn't Morris. Gurley is actually a better fit for Kromer's scheme than he was for Boudreau's scheme. And Gurley's skill-set isn't going to be replaced by some mid-round rookie.

If we got offered a top 15 pick for Gurley, I'd strongly consider pulling the trigger. But I'm not pulling the trigger for a second.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my comparisons are bad, my analogies are wrong, I'd be making a huge mistake,and jrry knows what McVay would prefer. Wow. I almost forgot why I intentionally avoid any type of interaction with jrry on this board. Thanks for the reminder bud lol
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
All of my comparisons are bad, my analogies are wrong, I'd be making a huge mistake,and jrry knows what McVay would prefer. Wow. I almost forgot why I intentionally avoid any type of interaction with jrry on this board. Thanks for the reminder bud lol

I feel pretty comfortable saying that McVay prefers Todd Gurley over a RBBC approach. If Todd Gurley is traded, feel free to come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Well, your comparisons and analogies would probably be better if you were on the right side of the argument. Wink

Don't shoot the messenger for shooting down a bad trade scenario, but hey, you're not alone. People have advocated for trading just about every player on this roster including Quinn and Donald. It is what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:

I believe we can get that same type of production from a Joe Mixon in the 3rd round and pick up an extra 2nd (Corner, Center, FS)
Now that would be fun. Don't think 31 other franchises would allow that to happen.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if the Rams would've been in line for a comp pick if they didn't sign Robert Woods.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Wondering if the Rams would've been in line for a comp pick if they didn't sign Robert Woods.
Not likely. Since TJ didnt get any money, as soon as we signed Whitworth, we didn't really have a chance. He and Britt more than cancel out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: