Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign Logan Ryan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
A stat 21 is sure to love:

Pats allowed 4.3 yards per carry when Ryan was off the field, just 3.7 when he was on it.
I'm not against adding players that can play the run, just don't necessarily want to sacrifice pass defense to improve the run defense (see: Cyprien, Johnathan). Ryan's a significant upgrade for the pass defense, so being able to play the run is a nice little bonus.

Though that's a real weird stat for a corner, I really doubt his presence was key to that difference (though I'm not going to be mad if it was). Laughing

It's also a questionable stat because I highly doubt Ryan was off the field very frequently.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Pats allowed 4.3 yards per carry when Ryan was off the field, just 3.7 when he was on it.
I'm not against adding players that can play the run, just don't necessarily want to sacrifice pass defense to improve the run defense (see: Cyprien, Johnathan). Ryan's a significant upgrade for the pass defense, so being able to play the run is a nice little bonus.

Though that's a real weird stat for a corner, I really doubt his presence was key to that difference (though I'm not going to be mad if it was). Laughing

It's also a questionable stat because I highly doubt Ryan was off the field very frequently.
It's kind of strange given that you would think he really only came off the field in goal line situations. I wonder if there was like one 80 yard run broken off when he was off the field and that massively skews the average.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

He played 86% of the Patriots defensive snaps... and had 6 games where he played every defensive snap. Only Chung and Butler played more on their D. Rowe ate into his snaps around midseason when he (Rowe) took over at outside CB... but Ryan finished strong, playing every D snap in 3 of the final 4 regular season games.

Hightower played the most snaps in their front 7, playing 68% of the snaps. By comparison, Avery played 83% of the snaps for us last year... with Orakpo (79.5%) and Morgan (70%) all playing a higher % of snaps than Hightower.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed, the Titans are very slow about releasing contract details. Ryan's numbers were known pretty quick... 3yrs/30M/20M guaranteed... but details were not released (we still have no details on Williams' contract, just length, but not even total numbers... yet the Broncos released info on his replacement the same day they announced the move)

Anyway... Out of the 20.5M guaranteed, Ryan only had 12M guaranteed at signing... meaning, this is a 1 year/10M contract with 2 options.

After this season, Ryan has a 2018 500k roster bonus on the 5th day of the league year... this bonus and most of his 2018 salary of 10M is guaranteed at signing for injury only (only 2M is fully guaranteed, essentially a buy out). But if he just doesn't play up to what we expected, we cut him, and that's it. The team will take a little hit on dead cap because of the guaranteed portion, but still save almost 8M by cutting him (in actual expenditures and cap space)

If we keep him for year 2, the Titans once again have the option to keep him in '19 for 9.5M, or cut him for a very minimal dead hit. The difference is that he has no guarantees at this point... meaning the Titans don't have a "buyout" nor do they have to make a decision on keeping/cutting him by a certain date.

As you all probably already figured, I'm a numbers geek... and I just love the way Robinson's working contracts.

1 year contract = 10M
Year 2 team option = 10.5M, 2M buyout
Year 3 team option = 9.5M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: