Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pryor and the offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
I wish we would have offered Pryor more for a 3-4 year deal but Im really excited we signed him.

Maybe we can convert him back to QB next year when Kirk leaves(sarcasm)
I don't think Pryor was interested in a long term deal at this point. Much like Jeffery and some others who've done this in the past like Jeremy Maclin, Pryor wanted a prove it deal this season. He's betting on himself that he'll have a huge season in Gruden's pass happy offense with Cousins throwing him the ball.

No doubt in my mind he wants to build on his only one season of production as a receiver from last season and exceed it and then get a long term deal from us or someone else.

Kirk completed 69 more passes than Browns QBs last season. No doubt in my mind that Pryor can't exceed his 77 reception, 1007, 4 TD 2016 season. He'll have more consistent qb play w/Cousins throwing him the ball and depending on what Docton does, Pryor could have a 90 catch, 1200 yard 8 Td season for us this year.

Dontari Poe is doing the same thing because he battled through injuries last year and has never gotten to prove he can be a good pass rusher because he played as a two-gapping NT in KCs 3-4 scheme.

He wants a deal like Snacks or bigger and is willing to play on a one year deal to prove he can get 5 sacks of more in a different scheme and then get paid on a LTD next offseason.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Is it just me or after this offseason we will end up looking better on paper ?.

No. Baker is better than both of the DL we signed and Pryor has one year of experience at receiver while Garçon and Jackson are established studs. We certainly haven't improved but we've gotten younger so there's that.

Pryor bigger stronger and faster than Garcon and Jackson was having injuries with just being a down the field guy .

Baker was super overrated McClain was known as an consistent run stopper .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Is it just me or after this offseason we will end up looking better on paper ?.

No. Baker is better than both of the DL we signed and Pryor has one year of experience at receiver while Garçon and Jackson are established studs. We certainly haven't improved but we've gotten younger so there's that.

Pryor bigger stronger and faster than Garcon and Jackson was having injuries with just being a down the field guy.

Baker was super overrated McClain was known as an consistent run stopper .
I agree, and Pryor is going to be a better redzone threat than Garcon & Djax, same with Doctson. Gruden finally got the tall receivers he drafted covets like what he had in cincinnati with Green, Sanu and Jones.

Also don't forget that McGee is an upgrade as a consistent run stuffer alsoand we got an upgrade at FS with the Swearinger signing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
I wish we would have offered Pryor more for a 3-4 year deal but Im really excited we signed him.

No it actually makes sense, it is probably what also Pryor wanted. Next year the cap goes up, if we can get KC signed to a LTD then we will have plenty of CAP money to sign Pryor to a big deal if he shows well. if we cant get Cousins signed to a LTD we will have even more CAP money to sign him if we want to or we go full rebuilding mode with a new QB and let him go.

So far Allen and company IMO have done very well among the turmoil and we can get Logan and maybe Hightower then man, tell me you guys don't like our chances this year to be competitive.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

No it actually makes sense, it is probably what also Pryor wanted. Next year the cap goes up, if we can get KC signed to a LTD then we will have plenty of CAP money to sign Pryor to a big deal if he shows well. if we cant get Cousins signed to a LTD we will have even more CAP money to sign him if we want to or we go full rebuilding mode with a new QB and let him go.

So far Allen and company IMO have done very well among the turmoil and we can get Logan and maybe Hightower then man, tell me you guys don't like our chances this year to be competitive.
Pryor wanted to be paid in the teens per yr on a LTD. He didn't get that so he took the 1 year prove it deal rather than a long term deal he'd get locked into which wouldn't pay him what he felt he was worth.

As others have said, I'd Pryor balls out and we can't get a long term deal done with him next year we can franchise him - although not ideal - and he'd make about $15 million for one year.

Then, we'd still have the transition tag to use on Cousins if he won't sign a long term deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: