Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pryor and the offense
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Pryor and the offense Reply with quote

So according to multiple sources Pryor is visiting tonight. If he signs I think we are in better shape Altman many may think on the offense.

Now I know this will depend on Kirk but let's assume we get a long term deal for him or that he is here playing on the tag. Everyone is down on losing garçon and djack BUT!!! If Pryor signs and with the return of Doctson that's our replacements for them right there!

I think Doctson can be an amazing receiver in this league and Pryor has shown with the little time he has had to develop that he is going to become a dominant receiver in this league

When you think of it we come out better than what we had if he signs.

1) we get younger at WR
2) much cheaper alternatives rolling with Doctson and signing prior compared to garçon and djack
3) they grow together with crowder
4) more talent besides Jackson deep threat
5) finally big recievers we want and need
6) the making of a big 3 WR set of stars! Add Reed and Davis and we look like an Ariel masterpiece
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree. Wasn't crazy about resigning either Desean or Garçon because I wanted to get younger and cheaper at the position. A move for Pryor will certainly do that. It it makes me wonder if this is a protection signing in case Doctson is a bust.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a protection signing I think it's just simply replacing two of our starting recievers with Pryor via FA and replacing in house with Doctson. Just saves money all around. Allows us to keep crowder in the slot where he thrives

Garçon is getting 16 mil his first year. Jack is getting 11-13 so that's 27-29 mil saved

Sign Pryor let's say between 8-10

Save at least 17 mil in cap room and get younger [/quote]
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pryor and the offense Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
So according to multiple sources Pryor is visiting tonight. If he signs I think we are in better shape Altman many may think on the offense.

Now I know this will depend on Kirk but let's assume we get a long term deal for him or that he is here playing on the tag. Everyone is down on losing garçon and djack BUT!!! If Pryor signs and with the return of Doctson that's our replacements for them right there!

I think Doctson can be an amazing receiver in this league and Pryor has shown with the little time he has had to develop that he is going to become a dominant receiver in this league

1) we get younger at WR
2) much cheaper alternatives rolling with Doctson and signing prior compared to garçon and djack
6) the making of a big 3 WR set of stars! Add Reed and Davis and we look like an Ariel masterpiece
Totally agree, and I like what we've done on defense so far. I totally agree with your post above as well in terms of the cost. Don't forget we still have Crowder also who was our best wr last year along with Reed and Davis. We'd have plenty of receiving options for our future to replace Garçon and Djax if we are able to sign just one vet Wr. I hope it's Pryor, but even if it isn't, I think our passing game will still be good next year regardless of what happens.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Pryor and the offense Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:

1) we get younger at WR
Totally agree, and I like what we've done on defense so far. I totally agree with your post above as well in terms of the cost. Don't forget we still have Crowder also who was our best wr last year along with Reed and Davis. We'd have plenty of receiving options for our future to replace Garçon and Djax if we are able to sign just one vet Wr. I hope it's Pryor, but even if it isn't, I think our passing game will still be good next year regardless of what happens.

I'm in agreement with everyone. We drafted Doctson for this specific reason to replace Garcon. If we had resigned both receivers he wouldn't see the field as much as he should. If we get Pryor at a cheaper rate then Jackson and Garcon it is worth it an saves us money to sign Crowder next year. I don't think any of us thought that Garcon and Jackson were going to improve if anything we all assume they would not be the players they are 2 years into the contract.

That is part of the reason I wanted Smith 5mil for a deep threat to replace Jackson and spread the field. I'm hoping Pryor wasn't a 1 year wonder but it seems as he has put in the work to become a good receiver and I don't think it would be a bad signing. Plus I do like bigger receivers personally. What makes our passing offense good is the fact that we spread it out and you throw it to the open person instead of force feeding a certain receiver.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a good fit. He has the speed to be a deep threat, which we need. Doctson is more of a possession guy and Crowder is our slot guy. The rest of the WRs we have on the roster are more backup types.

I also think spending our money on a rising star is good business.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I think he's a good fit. He has the speed to be a deep threat, which we need. Doctson is more of a possession guy and Crowder is our slot guy. The rest of the WRs we have on the roster are more backup types.

I also think spending our money on a rising star is good business.

Yea Pryor can be the AJ green of Jay Gruden offense. Redskins fans are unhappy of what's going on but so far we picked up a FS/SS player that hits hard and covers well and picked up a run stopper in McClain while possibly signing Pryor with #1 potential stardom .

If we can sign another starting defensive lineman than this off season was better than expected minus the cousins crap going on.
misfit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider me extremely sceptical that we actually sign Pryor, but if we did actually get him, we'll be in great shape at the WR position. Big fan of the player.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Pryor would be awesome! Now, pick up a left guard to help give Cousins more time and pave a way for our RBs!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4life wrote:
Getting Pryor would be awesome! Now, pick up a left guard to help give Cousins more time and pave a way for our RBs!
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kouandijo is our starting LG next year, Lauvao is cut and we sign a mid round C/G to develop behind them.

Or, we could go with Nsekhe at LG or re-sign Sullivan still who could be our staring C with Long or Nsekhe starting at OG. I believe Sullivan should be re-signed no matter what. At worst Sully is a valuable back up to Long and Kouandijo.

Still, even if Sullivan is re-signed, I expect us to draft a OG/C to develop in the mid to late rounds of the draft. I don't expect us to spend a lot of $ on a free agent guard.

I am still hoping Lauvao is cut though and then we use that $4 million to help sign Pryor, Hankins or Poe.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
misfit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misfit wrote:
Consider me extremely sceptical that we actually sign Pryor, but if we did actually get him, we'll be in great shape at the WR position. Big fan of the player.

Consider me glad to be wrong!
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we would have offered Pryor more for a 3-4 year deal but Im really excited we signed him.

Maybe we can convert him back to QB next year when Kirk leaves(sarcasm)
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or after this offseason we will end up looking better on paper ?.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Paper Champions!! YES!!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

No. Baker is better than both of the DL we signed and Pryor has one year of experience at receiver while Garçon and Jackson are established studs. We certainly haven't improved but we've gotten younger so there's that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: